School days HQ re-release: New ending.

Kirrimir

Adventurer
SPOILER AS ****

So they decided in the new HQ re-release of School Days too remake the infamous nice boat ending. The uncensored version of the old end was brilliant so i am not sure which one i prefer now.

If you haven't seen school days i'd strongly recommend watching it, don't bother with this if you ain't seen it. You won't understand.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iXUxetjpu_o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iXUxetjpu_o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

"HQ" my ****! There was barely any animation; even split-screening being used in order to only animate mouth movement as much as possible. Minimalistic to the extreme.

I didn't like the new ending. Out of the main three, only Kotohona deserved to survive; her being the only real victim of School Days' story. Her dying and the other two surviving isn't at all satisfying. Sekai giving Makoto what he deserved after he used/impregnated her and, in-turn, Kotohona giving her what she deserved for being an easy, deceitful slut was the perfect way for the series to end.

Also: it was WAY too obvious Kotohona was going to be pushed.

Seems people were expecting the one where she jumps off a building.

Damn that's worse than the anime one.
Much less graphic, but utterly chilling.

It's from the new reissue of the game (School days HQ), not of the anime for if you're confused. It's a new bad end added to the rerelease.

Also this is in the wrong board, should realy go in the VN thread on the games board.

Here be extensive re-edits :p

Stuart-says-yes said:
What the hells wrong with people, thats sick, that poor girl didn't do anything to deserve that.

I may watch this now though, to get an idea of why such a violent horrible act was committed by the young school girl.
You didn't see the other ending did you. That was rather charming and sweet by comparison.
The game (series) is famous for bad ends where one of the heroines goes psychotic. And almost getting banned for loli.

by comparison yup, although Kotonoha going on holiday and cuddling up to with his severed head was also cute in a deeply disturbing kind of way

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaper gI said:
by comparison yup, although Kotonoha going on holiday and cuddling up to with his severed head was also cute in a deeply disturbing kind of way

I guess

Last edited by a moderator:
That-Bastard-Bad-Guy-Aion said:
"HQ" my ****! There was barely any animation; even split-screening being used in order to only animate mouth movement as much as possible. Minimalistic to the extreme.
As I now mentioned above (lol edits)
This isn't the anime, it's the game. That's a heck of a lot of animation for a visual novel. Note the title menu at the end with the save and load etc. options.

That-Bastard-Bad-Guy-Aion said:

I didn't like the new ending. Out of the main three, only Kotohona deserved to survive; her being the only real victim of School Days' story. Her dying and the other two surviving isn't at all satisfying. Sekai giving Makoto what he deserved after he used/impregnated her and, in-turn, Kotohona giving her what she deserved for being an easy, deceitful slut was the perfect way for the series to end.

Also: it was WAY too obvious Kotohona was going to be pushed.
i agree with you, Kotohona was the only character that wasn't a dick, this ruins the satisfaction i got from the original ending because Makoto obviously deserved to die, that was universally agreed by the fanbase

memorium said:
i agree with you, Kotohona was the only character that wasn't a dick, this ruins the satisfaction i got from the original ending because Makoto obviously deserved to die, that was universally agreed by the fanbase

BROFIST

memorium said:
Again, this is not the anime version!
It's an ending cutscene from the new version of the game (School Days HQ). Hence the title of the video, it's a bad end from School Days HQ.

Actualy anime version is liked 'cos Sekai gets killed, most of the others are her murdering everyone.

Bob, very few people on here will be familiar with the visual novel. This is an anime forum; NOT a visual novel forum. I fully understand the lack of animation now - and I didn't realize until you mentioned it that it wasn't an anime re-release DVD extra or the like - but you can't expect posters in this thread to not refer back to the anime.

Back