Sentai doing dubs!

No love for Gintama? Boo! Those are the shows that will sell the best so GO Sentai!. Earn some money in the anime industry!

They're dubbing existing series that have done well, and dubbing a neverneding shounen series without knowing how it will do could hurt.
More importantly, this helps it's chances of ever getting released here. Wether I'd buy it twice when I'm tottaly unintersted in dub is another matter.

you mean the start of Gintama, it just passed 200 episodes. Starting dubbing something like that means they're in there for the long haul. Which is why it would be a greater risk.

Reaper gI said:
you mean the start of Gintama, it just passed 200 episodes. Starting dubbing something like that means they're in there for the long haul. Which is why it would be a greater risk.
That's why they're releasing the subs first, to see how popular it is, like Viz released the Naruto manga first, then dubbed the anime. Now look where they are :wink:

But Gintama is a hard show to dub, japanese humour does not translate well. Doesn't have the kiddy, bug parents for it market going for it like Naruto either, or at least I don't think it does.

Reaper gI said:
But Gintama is a hard show to dub, japanese humour does not translate well. Doesn't have the kiddy, bug parents for it market going for it like Naruto either, or at least I don't think it does.
You.. you haven't seen Naruto.. have you?

Guess i'll put off getting Clannad till the dubbed edition comes out. I rather like having the option of a dub with anime. If its not good enough, i'll just switch back to the japanese dub, but at least with an English Dub you can enjoy the details much more then having to read the screen which detracts from that.

I like the idea of them trying out dubbing a few series again especially series that might be successful for them. I have all the sub only releases for these except the Fist of the North Star one. I am not sure that I will rush out to buy the dub releases but Clannad and Ghost Hound would tempt me. It would be interesting to see whether all the psycho babble in Ghost Hound was more understandable in English.

On the Gintama front I thought I read somewhere / heard on a podcast it was getting a dub.

This is excellent news, Zinki told me about it the other day, and I can well say I'm "chuffed to bits".

I demand further discussions on who should be the most acceptable actor/actress for roles on some of these programs

Back