September: Best month ever?

Sy said:
Sakimori said:
*I don't want to see Perfect Blue >_>*
Why not? It's probably my favourite Kon movie if not one of my favourite movies full stop. Don't be fooled by how it gets portrayed because it is not hentai and the nudity and violence serves the story rather than detracting.

I think you'd be missing out on something fantastic if you didn't see it.

Yeah maybe. My friend was stupid enough to buy the second Manga Essentials boxset. He said that Perfect Blue freaked him out more than Urotsukidoji and we all know what Urotsukidoji is like *now that is something I REALLY don't want to see*. But yeah.... I'm not big on freaky physiological stuff. But I may see it one day.

CitizenGeek said:
Will we get a fansubbed Rebuild of Eva movie in September? Or will we have to wait for the DVD release in Japan? I don't usually use fansubs, but I'll make an exception for Eva and I'll be buying that movie anyway!

Fansubbers don't like to use cheap materials for there releases. So once a Japan DVD release is out, Then we will get a fan sub of it. But Cinema to DVD releases in Japan take a lot longer than they do over here now. I'm expecting the first fansub to turn up around next summer.

Whoa...thought Bleach wasn't out til next year, but no - 24/09/07!

I'm ordering that now...and Naruto 2:2.

Not interested in any of the other stuff on the list, and I'm already about 12-15 volumes into the Viz stuff coming out...but I'm sure Bleach and Naruto (and my HUGE backlog of unwatched stuff) will keep me busy!

Sy wrote:
Sakimori wrote:
*I don't want to see Perfect Blue >_>*

Why not? It's probably my favourite Kon movie if not one of my favourite movies full stop. Don't be fooled by how it gets portrayed because it is not hentai and the nudity and violence serves the story rather than detracting.

I think you'd be missing out on something fantastic if you didn't see it.

Yeah maybe. My friend was stupid enough to buy the second Manga Essentials boxset. He said that Perfect Blue freaked him out more than Urotsukidoji and we all know what Urotsukidoji is like *now that is something I REALLY don't want to see*. But yeah.... I'm not big on freaky physiological stuff. But I may see it one day.

Perfect Blue = win

Chrono Demon said:
Don't forget that the Bleach Manga is officially released in the UK next month, so you will find it in a lot of Book shops now.

They are releasing 3 Volumes every Two months, so we will catch up to the Americans in no time

Who Really Cares. Bleach Has been released on imports for years in the UK. The US will still have the newer volumes before the UK do

Big fan of bleach just waiting on the UK DVD Release. Would be cool if they released 26 episodes boxset each release.

Jayme said:
CitizenGeek said:
Will we get a fansubbed Rebuild of Eva movie in September? Or will we have to wait for the DVD release in Japan? I don't usually use fansubs, but I'll make an exception for Eva and I'll be buying that movie anyway!

Fansubbers don't like to use cheap materials for there releases. So once a Japan DVD release is out, Then we will get a fan sub of it. But Cinema to DVD releases in Japan take a lot longer than they do over here now. I'm expecting the first fansub to turn up around next summer.

Unless it's shown on TV before next summer.

Hokum said:
I did... i dont see anything there saying play limited edition...

Its just the two disk...

Then that's what it is ;) Check other retailers to see what's different. Sendit seem to have a regular version.

September is indeed a great month!

the FMA film has been pre-ordered for a while and am wondering about buying Chevalier d'Eon Vol. III...I love the series but with the October Expo I should wait... :wink:

Eureka Seven vol. 7 & 8 released on the same day in September, thats the best reason for me to hail September as the best month ever plus there is lots of cool DVDs out that month in which I'm going to buy them all mha ha ha ha ha.

Sakimori said:
thekendyman said:
Who Really Cares. Bleach Has been released on imports for years in the UK.

As with about 80% of all English translated manga

There are non fans, idiots. There prolly be people who don't even know what Manga is.

If there are Kids who go into Waterstones and find a Bleach Manga, and think its cool, they are bound to pick it up.

Don't forget that Bradford, and a few other cities that has no dedicated comic shop or book shops that oddly import manga.

I'll be grabbing Paprika and the Samurai Champloo box set.

Might also pick up the Shinkai collection if I feel like I have a spare £15.

Back