Several new anime series and popular sequels in-production

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Over the last couple of weeks, a large number of high profile new anime series, sequels and movies have been confirmed as being in-production.
<ul>
<li>Leading the list is the long-rumored <em><strong>Trigun </strong><strong>movie</strong></em>, which is now due for a theatrical release in Japan during 2009. The movie will reunite the sci-fi western's TV anime director Satoshi Nishimura with animation studio Madhouse for an original story (penned by creator Yasuhiro Nightow) based on the popular premise of seeing "Vash vs. Wolfwood".</li>
</ul>
Other new anime series\features to have been announced include...:
<ul>
<li>... A third season of the popular high-school comedy <em><strong>School Rumble</strong></em> (the first season of which is currently being released in the UK by Revelation Films).</li>
<li>... A fourth season of the fan favourite fantasy/comedy <em><strong>Slayers </strong></em>(which will be based on an anime-only story, not Hajime Kanzaka's original novels).</li>
<li>... A theatrical movie version of GAINAX's newest mecha anime <em><strong>Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann</strong></em>. It's not clear whether this movie will be an original story or simply a condensed retelling of the highly rated TV series.</li>
<li>... A new one-minute teaser trailer for Mamoru Oshii's forthcoming sci-fi theatrical movie '<em><strong>The Sky Crawlers</strong></em>' has been <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK0-zjCog9k">released online</a>. Many have compared the movie's cloudy aesthetic to that of Gonzo's air-ship fantasy Last Exile.</li>
<li>And finally, coming to Japan's late night 'noitaminA' strain of TV anime is an adaptation of Fumi Yoshinaga's dramatic shojo/josei manga <em><strong>Antique Bakery</strong></em>. It's a popular story about a group of four men running a cake shop called "Antique" which was original serialized as manga from 1999 to 2002.</li>
</ul>
&nbsp;

...and Green VS Red, a new high budget OAV being made to celebrate Lupin III's 40th anniversary.

Had to say it. Sorry.

Also, although it doesn't really interest me, they are releasing a third Ikki Tousen Series as well.
From what i know about School Rumble's third series, its only getting a DVD release, and not a TV airing. Its first volume is meant to get released in japan accompanied by the 22nd volume of the manga.
Bar that, TTGL movie is what caught my eye straight off, great news, but what we really need to know is if its a retelling of the series or a new story. i personally wouldn't mind a new story, but we'll wait and see.

Sy said:
...and Green VS Red, a new high budget OAV being made to celebrate Lupin III's 40th anniversary.
As I've slowly begun my venture into the world of Lupin III, This premise sounds extremely cool and I really want to see it.

The TTGL will be EPIC, Nothing more should really be said on the matter at the moment. It would still rock hard if it was just Simon diggin' into the ground for a hour and a half while Sora Iro Days was playing in the background on full blast. Kickass animation would obviously accompany it nicely. <3

I'm also interested in Antique Bakery, I believe its a Yaoi or whatever from what I read some of Nargis' post about it. I'm still going to be patiently waiting to watch this one.

Arbalest said:
Also, although it doesn't really interest me, they are releasing a third Ikki Tousen Series as well.

Omg really?! a 3rd! I need to see the 2nd one yet T-T but that is sweet news to my eyes! XD

And yay for the trigun movie! <3

There were already rumours going around while series two of School Rumble was still airing that a third was in consideration but to get confirmation of it is excellent :D.

Arbalest said:
From what i know about School Rumble's third series, its only getting a DVD release, and not a TV airing. Its first volume is meant to get released in japan accompanied by the 22nd volume of the manga.
Bar that, TTGL movie is what caught my eye straight off, great news, but what we really need to know is if its a retelling of the series or a new story. i personally wouldn't mind a new story, but we'll wait and see.

I saw something about TTGL a while ago. It will be new characters as far as I know

Yes new trigun movie!, i have been following the rumours for a year now i thought they had given up altogether.
Sky crawlers looks intresting i might follow it.
Then theres TTGL hopefully they won't do like death note and just rehash the story several times over, to be honest though i just want it to be one big kamina fest.

Paul said:
<li>Leading the list is the long-rumored <em><strong>Trigun </strong><strong>movie</strong></em>, which is now due for a theatrical release in Japan during 2009. The movie will reunite the sci-fi western's TV anime director Satoshi Nishimura with animation studio Madhouse for an original story (penned by creator Yasuhiro Nightow) based on the popular premise of seeing "Vash vs. Wolfwood".</li>

Oh - my - god. :D So glad they've decided to resurrect Trigun, great anime and manga.

More TTGL is also good. Funny, I was just wondering how it might work as a film. Fantastic anyhow, that's made my day.

I never thought Trigun was a great series, simply a very watchable one. The news that there is going to be a movie released (there's been rumours forever) doesn't really bother me.

The same can be said of the TTGL movie news. I suppose it'll be worth seeing if it's a remake of the series and Kamina features...

I'm most looking forward to the Antique Bakery series. It was one of my first manga and it's really a delightful read, so I can't wait. Plus, I heard they're keeping Ono gay (they turned him straight in the 2002-live action adaptation) which is good news, too! 8D

TTGL MOVIE OH WOW!! ANOTHER RECAP MOVIE!!! AWESOME!!!!! [/sarcasm]

But I can honestly see it being a recap movie like Gunbuster vs Diebuster: The Gattai Movie!!

Trigun movie I am interested in, that's pretty much all, really.

Back