Shipping collection to a forwarder address on eBay safe?

Blank2001

Completely Average High School Student
Hi there, I’m currently selling some of my collection on eBay uk, and I just sold something and the shipping address looks like a fowarding company - I really don’t want to deal with the hassle of international that’s why i didn’t put international postage on but I think people are trying to get around this by using a forwarder - is this safe to send the item to the address? (which is the eBay address) - this is like the 3rd time I’ve had this in the last month normally I cancel - as well the item in question is the penguindrum collectors edition and probably won’t even work on anything other then uk players so idk if I will have issues with this - any who has had this happen when selling there collection, if so what do you do? Idk if it’s safe or scam
Thanks

The forwarding address counts as the main address so technically it's already arrived to where it needs to go.
It's down to the forwarding company to check the goods and if they deemed the goods in an acceptable condition then the contract you have with the buyer has been fulfilled.
As for the region as long as you specify this on the description or message the seller first hand then you should be okay.

You could also use this as a template if you want to cover yourself

By the looks of your shipping address, you are using a freight forwarder. Please reply to this message and confirm that you are using a fright forwarded for this item. If no reply is received by X then your order will be cancelled and refunded

You could also use this as a template if you want to cover yourself

By the looks of your shipping address, you are using a freight forwarder. Please reply to this message and confirm that you are using a fright forwarded for this item. If no reply is received by X then your order will be cancelled and refunded

Thanks for your help - I will do the template you suggested - only thing is that I didn’t specify what region it was on the advert as I only usually sell to the uk anyway so idk I would get come back off that if it doesn’t work on us players and don’t want hassle of a case in like 2 months where it’s got shipped multiple times

I would also write that in the template, saying "just thought I should let you know that it will only play on UK players and I didn't specify as I only sell in the UK."

Just a heads up you only have three days to refuse to send an item so if your still 100% unsure call eBay.
If they used PayPal then call them first as they have different buyer and seller protections.

Good luck 🙏

You can usually check their username for what country they are from as well, to get an idea if they are in Europe/Australia or the US, ect. to help identifiy whether they are likley to have probelms playing region B discs.

But I get the odd ebay global shipping (GSP, Unit 3 Dove CL, Fradley Pk, LICHFIELD), which is probably what ebays gonna recomends you use (as more money for ebay probably).
But I still often do a few check to do with regions codes, and package it up as securly as possible in a box with padding (im pretty sure ebay global shipping does nothing other than slap a new postage label on it, might be still worth doing for Pengundrium CE if you go ahead with it), but yeah not had any one buy and it go direct too a none ebay forwarding company.

Last edited:
You can usually check their username for what country they are from as well, to get an idea if they are in Europe/Australia or the US, ect. to help identifiy whether they are likley to have probelms playing region B discs.

But I get the odd ebay global shipping (GSP, Unit 3 Dove CL, Fradley Pk, LICHFIELD), which is probably what ebays gonna recomends you use (as more money for ebay probably).
But I still often do a few check to do with regions codes, and package it up as securly as possible in a box with padding (im pretty sure ebay global shipping does nothing other than slap a new postage label on it, might be still worth doing for Pengundrium CE if you go ahead with it), but yeah not had any one buy and it go direct too a none ebay forwarding company.
Yeh not far from me that gsp forwarding staffordshire😅ive also used ebay for global shipping.

Ita great for both buyer and seller really but the buyer does incur more cost when buying through that method
Never had any trouble using that and quite a few what i have sold have been through gsp

I would imagine that if the buyer would be going through the trouble of ordering through a forwarding service, they are aware of things like blu ray regions.

Back