Single Best Game Of Last Gen?

Aya-Kun

Hunter
I took this from a friend on another fourm i just wondering what every one else answer it as

Tough choice, isn't it? I personally feel that last gen was one of the best in gaming history. There's so many amazing games from last gen; Halo, RE4, Metroid Prime,T.O.S, FFX, DQ8, GTA's, Wind Waker, Okami,God Of War, Kingdom Hearts, ICO, Shadow Of Colossus, Persona 3/4, Ratchet n Clank, MGS 2/3, Paper Mario, and way too many more to list here...So what do ya think, what was your single most favorite game from last gen? And if the choice is just too hard you can do a tie =)

My answer is

I loved so many games on the last gen like okami, ico, shadow of the collossues, jak and daxter series, ffx, god of war, both kingdom hearts, rouge galaxy but to only pick one out of the lot is really hard.

If i thought about it and had to really pick one it would probley be....~god so hard~ i would go with........Okami i think as much as i loved all of the other games this is prob the one that i loved the most over all

Hmmm Tales of Symphonia

why?? well cause it was not only just had a kick **** liner real-time battle system, but the plot was profoundly moving and riveting. plus it was what got me into that whole rpg segment of gaming

but i would also gladly defend Odin Sphere for the PS2, since the hand rendered sprites by vanillareware is something to behold, something that no other company has dared to pull off

Mutsumi said:
Hmmm.......Metroid Prime, Shadow of the Colossus, or FF10 for me........

Metroid Prime.

This is someone who knows what they are talking about :)

Hmmm last gen, i assume we're talking about PS2, Gamecube and Xbox here...actually isn't Dreamcast techincally last gen due to its time out in the market?

Still best game of last gen....

Metorid Prime, Okami, Shadow/ Ico, Panzer Dragoon Orta...

I'm going to go with Metroid Prime as first, then with Panzer Dragoon Orta coming up close second since it really is a beatuiful game.

What makes Metroid Prime the best for me is how even after playing Prime 3, I still can go back to Prime 1 & enjoy it as much if not more. It takes a relatively new direction for the first-person shooter genre in a way that remains very loyal to its roots, particularly in Super Metroid on the SNES. It really feels exactly how you would imaging a 3D FPS Super Metroid would feel.

Plus it is just so fun to play. :D

Does anyone else feel that the only different between the old gen & the current gen is graphics? Excluding the Wii's controls of course (the PS3 tilty stuff is not used enough to count). Back in the day, gameplay-wise there was a difference between each generation as new things became possible with each passing generation, but now all that is left is the graphics & the controls, & only Nintendo have taken the initiative there.

It does seem that way, and i think that its something that will be set to continue, and its probably not like the graphics will advance that much either in years to come.

Still you've reminded me that i've got Metroid Prime 2 to finish up, i'm at the final boss now but i just took a detour to go and get 100% everything. Some of the missile expansions have been bugging me.

I remember falling in love with Metroid Prime the first time i played it, i didn't play any other game till the end credits rolled. It was just like nothing else i had played, it was slow paced compared to most Shooters but that worked for it, the detail in the surroundings, the music. It was just a fantastic game. Wasn't for everyone though as i found out, some of my friends were bored by it, but they had just come from playing Halo so that speaks for it self i guess.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ht3OxX_xySk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ht3OxX_xySk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Don't mind me, just posting the best game on Xbox.

My favourite would probably be We Love Katamari. I actually found the home consoles very disappointing last generation, at least as far as the big name titles went (taking names from the first list: Halo, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid 2 probably killed my interest in the goings on in the later stages of the generation).

Current gen is better IMO. We can boil that down to things looking better, but I feel there's a difference between 'better presentation' and 'better graphics'. Interfaces are slicker, tutorials more appropriate, online features seamless, loading times more bearable. Even voice-acting is better.

Well, sort of.

I must say .hack series, Tales of Symphonia, Persona 4 and the mid season of DBZ Tenchi Budokai were my favs from the last gen consoles.
I liked the stories of the 1st two, the gameplay of P4 and letting my stress out on a good fighter with good fighter character range (DBZ).

PS2 = Primal

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X5SMd3OzWUk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X5SMd3OzWUk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

XBox = Crimson Skies

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fo5wcdYSicw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fo5wcdYSicw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edit -

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

Now I've made myself want to dig them out and play them again.

Metal Gear Solid 3

kupocake said:
Current gen is better IMO. We can boil that down to things looking better, but I feel there's a difference between 'better presentation' and 'better graphics'. Interfaces are slicker, tutorials more appropriate, online features seamless, loading times more bearable. Even voice-acting is better.
And yet none of those have any bearing on a game actually being good.

Maxon said:
And yet none of those have any bearing on a game actually being good.
Even if that was actually true ('NAO YOU R WRONG'), since the games are about as good as they ever were before, those kinds of features are a leg up beyond them.

The OP is right in that there are loads of awesome games from the last generation. My favourite is Final Fantasy XII, because it's the most accomplished game I've ever played.

ilmaestro said:
Final Fantasy XII.

(Although technically my vote would go to FFXII:I:ZJS)

Is the ZJS really that much improved over the original FFXII?

Back