Sony Movies Channel Weekly schedule

Re: Sony Movies showing Bleach films this August

I emailed Sony a huge list of suggestions for their channel and they said they plan to show

Street Fighter II: The Movie

Bleach series (subbed and dubbed)

GolGotha said:
I emailed Sony a huge list of suggestions for their channel and they said they plan to show

Street Fighter II: The Movie

Bleach series (subbed and dubbed)

Wait, the Bleach series? Could you post Sonys response here ? That would be great! :p
It seems though that they are slowly moving into that direction. The site does say
Every Monday catch our pick of Animax movies, including the Bleach and Berserk Anime series"
Could this be the long awaited debut of Animax ?

Hi, thanks for your email.

At the moment the only movies on that list that we plan to show are:

· Street Fighter II: The Movie

· Berserk films (1 and 2)

Bleach series (subbed and dubbed) will also be part of the collection.

Thanks for getting in touch.

That was the email they sent me in reply to the list of movie suggestions I sent them.

I'm shocked that they don't plan to show any of the movies they have the rights to.

animefreak17 said:
or maybe summer wars or ........... shhhhhh akira

Summer Wars has been shown on the Sky Movie channels and last I looked it is still available to watch on their 'on demand' service.

Last I saw Akira I think the BBC had it but I don't think it has been on for a while so it depends on whether they still have the rights to show it.

Update,
According to Sky's TV guide Summer Wars is on the Sky Movies Family channel tonight at 11.25pm.
http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide#/day/0

mangaman74 said:
animefreak17 said:
or maybe summer wars or ........... shhhhhh akira

Summer Wars has been shown on the Sky Movie channels and last I looked it is still available to watch on their 'on demand' service.

Last I saw Akira I think the BBC had it but I don't think it has been on for a while so it depends on whether they still have the rights to show it.

Update,
According to Sky's TV guide Summer Wars is on the Sky Movies Family channel tonight at 11.25pm.
http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide#/day/0

I remember in one of the podcasts, they said Summer Wars was a failure on Sky. Well, I didn't see any advertisement for the film at all when it was airing.

NormanicGrav said:
I remember in one of the podcasts, they said Summer Wars was a failure on Sky. Well, I didn't see any advertisement for the film at all when it was airing.

I think I missed it when it was first shown on Sky Movies. I saw it using Virgin's 'movies on demand' service a few days/weeks after.

Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie - Arriving on Sony Movies Channel 12:55am (+1 at 1:55am) Tuesday 1st October.

I watched Death Note Relight last night, and it truly is great seeing anime that's not Studio Ghibli on UK TV.

As for the movie itself it was like a clip-show of the series. Anybody that hadn't already watched the anime would have no idea what was going on.

14th October: Mardock Scramble: The First Compression & Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion

21st October: Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva ~ Monday Night/Tuesday Morning at 12:45am (1:45am on +1)

For those who don't know, the Layton film is owned by Viz (like how Death Note is owned by Viz, not Kaze).

28th/29th October we have a double bill of films:

12:45am (1:45am on +1) - Planzet ~ released on DVD by Kaze UK.
1.50am (2.50am on +1) - Roujin Z ~ released on Blu-ray and DVD by Kaze UK.

Back