SOPA Needs To Be Stopped

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Arbalest said:
Hah, that was finally posted. Took us long enough to get it on here.

SOPA and PIPA are stopped now at least, but people seem to be worrying about this ACTA thing now. It's meant to be the new SOPA, which just seemed to appear out of nowhere about the same time the other two where stopped. I expect everyone will jump on this as fast as they did the other two.

In many ways it's worse from what I've read since it will allow/encourage tracking of user activity by ISPs

Does that mean i'm no longer gonna be able to troll forums and pirate music in privacy any more? :cry:

daichi383 said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Arbalest said:

SOPA and PIPA are stopped now at least, but people seem to be worrying about this ACTA thing now. It's meant to be the new SOPA, which just seemed to appear out of nowhere about the same time the other two where stopped. I expect everyone will jump on this as fast as they did the other two.

In many ways it's worse from what I've read since it will allow/encourage tracking of user activity by ISPs

Does that mean i'm no longer gonna be able to troll forums and pirate music in privacy any more? :cry:

What it means, is it'll be proper policing. They will basically follow your activity via your IP address and ISP. Which is why it's being brought up now, and hopefully running on the success of benching SOPA and PIPA, they can do the same with this

Arbalest said:
daichi383 said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Arbalest said:

What it means, is it'll be proper policing. They will basically follow your activity via your IP address and ISP. Which is why it's being brought up now, and hopefully running on the success of benching SOPA and PIPA, they can do the same with this

Ah I get ya. Geez so much bad stuff has already happened this year and its not even the end of january :eek:

We have signed it, but it doesn't come into effect until the EU gives it approval in June. Plenty of time to arrange a protest, build up a solid case against ACTA and get more people onto the cause.

Back