Speed Grapher

Harakiri

Hikikomori
I don't know if you'll all be interested in this, but Speed Grapher is an anime on maybe it's second episode in Japan.

It's hard to explain the story without spoiling much -- but at the moment we have been following a perverse photographer and a disturbingly gifted male dancer.

The animation is absolutely top quality, with a really dark atmosphere. The music is great, though the best we have for an OP so far is a snippet of 'girls on film' by Duran Duran.

Anyway, this looks to be huge, judging from the first episode, likeness to 'eyes wide shut' notwithstanding.

I reccomend you all check it out.

--Harakiri

Edit for moderators : since this is legally fansubbed and on episode 1, i wouldn't imagine there to be any licensing issues. However if you still wish, you can remove the download info. :) (Paul said: Links removed, when this does get licensed, I'd have to do it anyway ;) )

I've got it all ready to watch but from reviews of ep 1 that I've read, I need an empty house to watch it! My kids are on their Easter hols (some weird Essex thing about Easter hols after Easter is over!!).
It sounded intriguing and the Japanese trailer I saw for it looked good but I have a feeling it's not going to be anything like what I was expecting!!

Edit: Well I wouldn't call the animation that perfect but it was OK. At least the average age of the characters was 25 instead of 12!!
I'm not sure what I think of it yet, can't decide if it was originally intended to be hentai or not :lol: It's definitely bordering on it, so I don't suggest anyone on these forums under 17 should watch it (you know who you are :wink: :lol: ).
This could turn out to be a very intriguing story, although at the moment I'm not overly impressed with the main character!

I also forgot to add, I hope the weird ballet dancer guy isn't in it too much, as I can't get used to the idea that he has the same seiyuu as Hotohori from Fushigi Yuugi :shock:

As i said in my previous post:
Speed Grapher is fantastic, a real slap in the face after all the kiddy friendly fare Gonzo have released. It's a very stylised 'unique' looking series, at first I found the style a little unattractive but it's really grown on me. It's unerringly violent and some of the imagery is down-right disturbing. The plot is pretty ludicrous but it's this excess that really characterises the show it's so over the top you can't help but love it.
I have to agree with Miaka-Chan this certainly isn't for kids but then again it's nice to see an anime with some chutzpah every once in a while. Bizzarely enough i was also told this week Speed Grapher is directed by the same guy who helmed Yu-Gi-Oh........now that's disturbing!!

Back