Speific Equipment

well i tend to only sketch, i never really colour my work, only shade it. So i tend to use pencils only, i don't mind which but i would recommend a HB pencil for sketching. If you do ink your pictures, i would suggest a fine tipped pen. As for a rubber, a putty rubber would be good.

I very rarely colour my work.
I always use Bs in my work usually a 2 or 4, but I sometimes use a 6 or a HB if I can't find anything else to draw with quickly.

pomtry said:
I never did art in school but now Im doing art in college How wierd is that :lol:

The art system in my school was terrible, they only allowed 'fine art' to be done in projects, presentations, and just about everything else which was to be put forward for the final mark-up.

Anime; no matter how excellent the quality of production was, was completely dissallowed, and yet they considered even the biggest obscure piles of **** be 'art'

Whats the point in doing fine art, if you eventually know you won't be pursuing that kind of work in your possible artist career?

/end rant.

In my school art class all people did was paint clouds or copy off magezines. Thats the main reason I didnt join oh and the art teacher was a no talent idiot

pomtry said:
In my school art class all people did was paint clouds or copy off magezines. Thats the main reason I didnt join oh and the art teacher was a no talent idiot

To quote the sham of a Megadeth album: 'The system has failed'.

pomtry said:
Also the other people who taught the other art classes where my math teachers. I think art was just there for show

We had a teacher called Mr. Hughes in my school, and he'd be a professional artist for like 20 years, and he retired after my Year 9 art class, which was a shame because the next two years for my GCSE art were with some hispanic teacher and he was the one who was totally 'anti-anime'.

Not to mention I was swapped around at the last minute because of differences in the timetables, and I ended up being in a class with 90% fucktards.

Almost ruined art for me. :evil:

Hyaku said:
Not to mention I was swapped around at the last minute because of differences in the timetables, and I ended up being in a class with 90% fucktards.

Sounds like my GCSE art class. :(

A-Level was much better, I was the only guy in my class.

random_pie said:
Hyaku said:

Sounds like my GCSE art class. :(

A-Level was much better, I was the only guy in my class.

My school was a 6th form aswell, so instead of going there I just went elsewhere.

Would've been same ****, different year anyway :x

School art is usually where people go to hid from studying based work.

In A-levels students are there because they want to be, the same goes with Degree so its a much better atmosphere for studying. I had the same situation with media production classes

Back