Spring 2023 Preview

Again a lot of similar shows picked out that I'm enjoying. 5 I would mention are:

The Dangers in My Heart (HiDive), despite the start this has turned into a really sweet rom-com.

Heavenly Delusion (Disney+), an interesting post apocalypse sci-fi mystery.

My Home Hero (Crunchyroll), a thriller with an salaryman who's a crime thriller enthusiast using his knowledge as events transpire to entangle him with the Yakuza.

Insomniacs After School (HiDive), another seinen romance in which 2 high schoolers with insomnia meet in an unlikely place and plot to make it their secret snoozing place.

Blue Orchestra (High Seas, for now), a boy still suffering after his parents break up meets a girl who livens up his life.

@Demelza
Inori Minase (Megumin in Konosuba)
Wrong isekai 😜 She's Rem from RE:ZERO (and Hestia (DanMachi), and Jun (AotH), and Itsuki (Quints), and Mari (APFTTU), and Aharen-san, and Somali, and Suzumi (Heroines), and Aurora (Sleepy Princess), and Kasumi (Priconne), and Chito (GLT), and Jeanne (Vanitas)
Can you tell I'm a fan!

Blue Orchestra (High Seas, for now), a boy still suffering after his parents break up meets a girl who livens up his life.
Forgive my ignorance but I really wanted to watch this series but couldn't find any mention of it and had begun to assume that maybe - like Eternal Boys - it would eventually get picked up late by HIDIVE or someone...

Forgive my ignorance but I really wanted to watch this series
Ignorance? Do you mean how am I watching it? I'm watching it on a pirate site, hence High Seas 😉 No links, obviously, but not hard to find.
I regret not watching Summer Time Rendering weekly, but at least I knew it was coming out legally, but in this case we don't even know that, so I decided to go that way.
If I knew the delay was going to be that long for STR, I would have done the same!

You'll understand, I'm sure, that I/we have to stick to supporting and recommending legal sites but I was still hoping there might be (as it's an NHK series, I think?) some way of watching it via NHK online or similar. I guess I'll just have to wait - after all, it's not as if there are too few Spring series to keep me engrossed this season (?!)

(Another great episode - #4 - of Skip and Loafer tonight, so colour me happy!)

via NHK online
Ah, I think I saw some on MAL saying they watched it live via NHK (Sundays at 17:00 (JST) would be 9am BST). Not sure if you would need a VPN or not (like you would if you wanted to watch iPlayer outside the UK), but you'd definitely need to be good with your Japanese! No subs obvs!

I'd found the same (great minds think alike!) and NHK must be steaming through at quite a fast rate, as you say, to have already dropped the first two episodes - I'll have to think about this one. (Still hoping one of the others might pick it up after all the promotional fanfares earlier on...)

Definitely getting my monies worth from Crunchyroll and HiDive this month. Have watched 26 different shows from this season. 3 got dropped after one episode each (Marginal Service, My One-Hit Kill Sister and Insomniacs After School) plus dropped Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch after 3 eps.
Otherwise I am up to date on 22 other shows:
Heavenly Delusion
Hell's Paradise
My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Lv999
The Dangers in My Heart
A Galaxy Next Door
My Clueless First Friend
The Witch from Mercury Part 2
Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Village Arc
The Reason Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion
Dead Mount Death Play
Skip and Loafer
Konosuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World!
[Oshi no Ko]
Yuri Is My Job!
Dr Stone: New World
The Legendary Hero Is Dead!
BIRDIE WING: Golf Girls' Story 2
Too Cute Crisis
MASHLE
TONIKAWA: Over The Moon For You 2
Magical Girl Magical Destroyers
Otaku Elf

Making for 77 eps of spring anime watched since 1st April.
Of those only a few are still on the chop list, mostly for the sake of time rather disinterest (The Dangers in My Heart, The Legendary Hero Is Dead!, Too Cute Crisis and Otaku Elf).

So thinking it'll 18 shows I finish this season, so long as none get delayed.

I think we had already had a few Winter shows go pop by this point last season, so interesting that we've not really heard any issues about any of the Spring shows.

I think we had already had a few Winter shows go pop by this point last season, so interesting that we've not really heard any issues about any of the Spring shows.
Yes (whispers softly so as not to incur the wrath of the anime kami) fingers are crossed that everything will go smoothly this season and nothing will be held up or postponed...

Yes (whispers softly so as not to incur the wrath of the anime kami) fingers are crossed that everything will go smoothly this season and nothing will be held up or postponed...
Much of Winter's issues came from Japanese committee's not properly accounting for Chinese holiday's and the Covid-19 situation over there. Spring is relatively quiet as far as holidays go so it shouldn't be too bad. There's likely going to be a delay somewhere but nowhere near as bad as Winter.

@Demelza

Wrong isekai 😜 She's Rem from RE:ZERO (and Hestia (DanMachi), and Jun (AotH), and Itsuki (Quints), and Mari (APFTTU), and Aharen-san, and Somali, and Suzumi (Heroines), and Aurora (Sleepy Princess), and Kasumi (Priconne), and Chito (GLT), and Jeanne (Vanitas)
Can you tell I'm a fan!
Whoops my bad lol. I know Megumin's VA plays Emilia in Re:Zero, which I guess is how I got my wires crossed.

Btw for reference for you and @Sarah it seems like Disney have licensed Blue Orchestra. Dunno if this page works in the UK since I'm not logged in on PC, but it does seem to be coming either way: Watch Blue Orchestra | Disney+

Saw it was steaming on there in Japan. If they are bringing it here, weird that they are jailing it, but not Heavenly Delusion. Maybe the company in Japan responsible doesn't want simulcast? Possibly the same people behind the STR decision. There's been no mention so I'll just keep watching it my way. They'll get a slice of my money anyway because I'm subscribed to D+.
Same with HiDive, I'm subscribed, but the app is terrible/non-existent (PlayStation), so I watch their shows elsewhere.

Back