Square Enixs' Conference - news and trailers(if still up)

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Right, so i was able to watch all the trailers plus get all the info for all the SquEnix games announced at this conference. Lets start with what people be after.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII - Combat is in the trailer, CG is probably the best in a FF game ever so far, Noctis has a voice, PS3 only confirmed and...no release date still. Trailer before it goes down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A0AU1eNSXk

Final Fantasy Type-0 - Agito has been renamed to this, and is due out this summer. What's more, this is the first PSP game that will use 2 UMDs, disk swapping ahoy. Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC5P3Jxvtzg

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - was a given apparently after the epilogue novel and such. Not much revealed bar that..Lightning is in armor. Looks odd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXflRadhm54 - be warned, it has the end to XIII on it too. Oh yeah, it's due out this year.

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - This looks nice, and completely different to what i expected actually. I'll be interested to see how this one plays out, didn't see a release date though, maybe this year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JyYO7n0gY8 - again a little warning, this has the secret end from Birth By Sleep in it too

Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - i have no trailers for this, so it's all info. Prishe(i think that's it) has been confirmed as the next new character, coming from XI. Aerith is an assist character IF you purchase the paid demo for 300 yen(Dissidia Prologus Final Fantasy...or something). Gilgamesh "may" have been hinted at as well, but it's hard to say. People are also speculating that Tidus is a chaos character and that it be all but confirmed. Ah well

Erm, i think that maybe it all for now, if i have anything more, i'll let you know. So you can have a screen of lightning for good measure.

image179.png

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG Its like I went to sleep and made a wish on a single star and awoken to find my wish has come true.... LOVE AND PEACE ^.^

I can't really say I'm angry, but this goes to show the overall lack of creativity Square Enix holds today, it's sad really. But with that said I'm definitely gonna buy FF:XIII-2 then finish XIII just to say how bad it is. :D

At least we have The Last Story coming out, aside from the multiplayer game looks great.

Lupus said:
I can't really say I'm angry, but this goes to show the overall lack of creativity Square Enix holds today, it's sad really.
The irony, of course, is that you must personally only be interested in their FF games if you don't even know about the other games in their portfolio. But you know this and only post so that someone can point it out, so I expect *at least* a cookie in return.

Nah, I only defend ****/great stuff. If it's mediocre, people generally don't bother trolling it in the first place.

What is "the Enix side", now, btw? Do they have different colored office chairs?

ilmaestro said:
Nah, I only defend ****/great stuff. If it's mediocre, people generally don't bother trolling it in the first place.

What is "the Enix side", now, btw? Do they have different colored office chairs?
from the wiki
All the manga is Enix.

Bold= haven't ragequit /gone to pimp ToHeart 2 X-Rated
Square
1 Yoshinori Kitase: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts
2 Akitoshi Kawazu: SaGa, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
3 Hiromichi Tanaka: Final Fantasy Online

4 Yasumi Matsuno (left): Final Fantasy
5 Yusuke Hirata (left to become head of strategy devision in Aquaplus): All Star Pro-Wrestling
6 Toshiro Tsuchida: Front Mission
7 Takashi Tokita: Hanjuku Hero
8 (left, started own company)Koichi Ishii : Mana

Enix
9 Ari Miyake :Dragon Quest
10 Yoshinori Yamagishi, (formerly Yosuke Saito): Other games

Yup Dragon Quest and FMA etc. are doing better than Final Fantasy. Enix FTW.
Square's only intersting games were Sa-Ga but they've stopped making them.

Taito are still cool as well, but we never realy see their games, due to lack of arcades.
They're now doing stuff with their Eidos franchises, hence new Tomb Raider. Hope that works out.

no release date still.

What? Isn't it Worldwide 2012?

I can't really say I'm angry, but this goes to show the overall lack of creativity Square Enix holds today,

Huh? I have to say, Versus XIII is a little creative. Sure, it's borrowing elements from other games, but from what I've seen of it, it has meshed everything nicely.

I like the Battle System and the fact that there's always something going on to change up the battle. For examples, the explosions, the tanks and a car being thrown, which is signalled by a Behemoth. I also didn't bat an eye-lid to the addition of vehicles.

Versus XIII is shaping up to be a nice game.

Kingdom hearts looks interesting. I always used to find the PS2 games a little bit slow and tedious, but that looks like a big improvement.

Back