Starbucks to release instant coffee called Via

The brand will sell in the UK at £1.20 for a pack of three sachets, each making a single cup,
That's significantly more expensive per unit cup than a good pack of filter coffee. Not a worthy investment, methinks.

Zin5ki said:
The brand will sell in the UK at £1.20 for a pack of three sachets, each making a single cup,
That's significantly more expensive per unit cup than a good pack of filter coffee. Not a worthy investment, methinks.

I could import a kg of coffee from back home for less than two / three packs of that.

*if you're wondering why I would do that, it's because it's stronger and bitter, as I think coffee in here tastes weaker*

The brand will sell in the UK at £1.20 for a pack of three sachets, each making a single cup, and £3.95 for 12.

Too expensive. Coffee drinkers will generally drink 6~ cups a day(?), making the weekly cost £14. That's just silly.

They released VIA in some West London stores

Although Ill try some, I dont see myself constantly buying this as a replacement for standard instant coffee, mostly due to the price.

I'm safe then, I dont even like coffee. :p Tea's the way for me.
But I would guess that new products/tech would be more expensive, as it's not going to have too many fans at the start. Unless they think it's positively a success, it's the only real strategy they have.

Cyburn said:
Although Ill try some, I dont see myself constantly buying this as a replacement for standard instant coffee, mostly due to the price.
Until the price of this stuff reduces significantly, the only reason to get this stuff is the convenience. Filter coffee is cheaper, and tastes more like the real thing (due to the trivial fact that it is the real thing).

Back