Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li

McIcy

Mushi-shi
A new Live action Street Fighter movie is on the way and it took me about 3 seconds to find fault with it the role of Chun-Li the ASIAN fighter in Street Fighter is being played by Kristen Kruek (Smallville)...... already i have lost any hope for it.

ASIAN TRAILER

"Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li" is a live-action feature film based on Capcom's video game. The new film is focused on female fighter Chun-Li and her journey for justice

Opening in theaters on February 27th, the 20th Century Fox release was directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak and stars Kristin Kreuk, Michael Clarke Duncan, Neal McDonough, Taboo, Chris Klein, Moon Bloodgood, Edmund Chen, Cheng Pei Pei, Josie Ho and Robin Shou.
[/list]

It was already posted in the DB:Evolution topic, but a topic for it is fine too. Not one Kikouken or Spinning Bird Kick? Dayum.

This'd be alright if it was actually an asian film, or at least if Chun Li was played by a chinese-american, but instead someone who is purely just american? Thats not Chun Li. It'll be a mediocre martial arts film beyond that i expect, so it'll be one i'll only watch as a rental or borrow it from someone.

Looks like a generic action flick, although I like comic book films so it could surprise me. I might watch it when it hits the cheap DVD's, but I will have to remember to switch brain off before starting.

I had hopes for this when it was announced, but it isn't looking like much at the moment, doubt i'll see it in the cinemas, though on saying that i thought the first street fighter film was a fun film, it sucked as far as adaptions go (the year or two after Mortal Kombat came out and that didn't do too badly) but was fun to just stick on for a joke

The people making this movie wanted to give the film a sense of realism. You know what, that really reminds me of the Super Mario movie. Remember that? They wanted to bring some realism to the Mario Universe. Well look how that turned out. This looks just as naff.

I quite like this idea - they're having the super-sexy Chun-Li played by the super-sexy Kristen Kreuk. Yeah, you would probably prefer to have a super-sexy Asian actress in there, but for me they at least got the main point right!

As for the other characters... urg, the designs are almost all horrible.

ilmaestro said:
I quite like this idea - they're having the super-sexy Chun-Li played by the super-sexy Kristen Kreuk. Yeah, you would probably prefer to have a super-sexy Asian actress in there, but for me they at least got the main point right!

As for the other characters... urg, the designs are almost all horrible.

NOt as bad as the Dragonball Evoloution ones though.

Spyro201 said:
If its Dragonball that costs more, then its probably gone in hair gel/spray to keep Goku's up.

The non funny answer is that the money in dragonball went to the special effects :p , which last i heard SF was tonning down to try and make it realistic.

BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:
If its Dragonball that costs more, then its probably gone in hair gel/spray to keep Goku's up.

The non funny answer is that the money in dragonball went to the special effects :p , which last i heard SF was tonning down to try and make it realistic.

I beg your pardon. realistic dragon ball? wha?...

anyway, lol at hair gel =)

Back