Street Fighter X Tekken

Arbalest

黒い剣士
For those of you like myself that was keeping up to date with what was being announced here and there, you may have noticed the rumours for this new cross over lurking about, but it was finally announced at Comi-con and here be the link to the trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc- ... ter/702120

Looks interesting, though i did get a wee chuckle outta seeing dan get beat up.

trailer doesn't work for some darn reason

but i wonder how they'll pull this off, as fighting games go, SF and Tekken are at opposite sides of the spectrum

I always forget games are at SDCC. This looks... interesting. I'm pretty clueless about Street Fighter, but I like to think I'm a bit better about Tekken. I'm going to wait and see if this looks as epic as it sounds.

Personally, I think this is a pretty poor attempt by Capcom to make up for how shoddy SFIV was, and I never liked Tekken. I wish people would stop making so many goddamn crossover games already. It's like KOF is the only franchise to still have the dignity to not resort to a crossover. KOFXIII can't come soon enough.

Looks good, but I am curious as to how it will play. Both SF4 and Tekken 6 are excellent games, so how will they compromise for each other?

Maxon said:
It's like KOF is the only franchise to still have the dignity to not resort to a crossover.

I'm afraid SNK vs Capcom happened, so they're guilty of having no dignity too.

I didn't really enjoy Tekken 6 (or any since Tag, though I was in denial and kept buying them) so I'll give this a miss unless the cool trailer's momentum can turn this into something greater than the sum of its parts.

R

stuart-says-yes said:
looks interesting but how are you supposed to play a fighting game?

You use the directional buttons to move your character, and the face buttons to do basic attacks. Usually, the face buttons correspond to different types of punch or kick. You use combinations of direction buttons and face buttons to perform special moves. Different attacks do different amounts of damage, and the objective is to deplete your opponent's health bar entirely, before they are able to do the same to you.

memorium said:
besides, KOF hasn't been good since '98UM
Wrong.

Rui said:
Maxon said:
It's like KOF is the only franchise to still have the dignity to not resort to a crossover.

I'm afraid SNK vs Capcom happened, so they're guilty of having no dignity too.
Except I'm talking about in the last few years because I had Capcom vs SNK 2 which was actually rather good.

I find the idea of them putting out two versions of this, with different buttons to bash, quite sickening. I know, I know, this is Japan and I know Pokémon has done it for years but JESUS!

No one asked for this, Ono has been given too much creative freedom. Give me another Power Stone or Darkstalkers, none of this nonsense.

Lupus said:
No one asked for this, Ono has been given too much creative freedom.
Actually, I very much suspect that this stems from him being told what to do by Capcom execs, rather than him actually having this supposed freedom. I'll never forget Inaba Atsushi's sentiment towards Capcom when Clover was disbanded.

Back