Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Jimi-Jam

Dandy Guy, in Space
This new series is due tonight on More4 at 10pm

Anyone else anticipating this?
Anyone else even know what it is?

Few reasons why I have high hopes for it:
Its got two of the more appealing characters/actors from two completely different shows - Matthew Perry (Chandler from Friends) and Bradley Whitford (Josh from The Westwing), but perhaps most significantly its written/scripted by Aaron Sorkin.
Anyone who has bothered to watch the Westwing should recognise his ability to create razor sharp dialogue that can not only be very funny at times but also dramatic and moving at the same time.
He also scripted the Tom Cruise/Jack Nicholson film ‘A Few Good Men’ which might give you some idea if you weren’t aware.

Any other fans of Westwing/Aaron Sorkin out there?
(or maybe you just like Chandler from Friends)

Got the series V+'d have been looking forward to this since I saw the first ad a few weeks ago, the series has so much promise and hopefuly we'll get to see some more adult humour from Matthew Perry rather than the Friends style we have grown accustomed to.

Saw the advert while watching Scrubs, so i stuck it on Sky+ looking forward to the viewing tomorrow, there never usually is much worth watching on More4, i am hoping for this to be a big exception.

I watched the entire series on TV3 [Irish TV]. The Whole Cast Is Fantastic, especially Matthew Perry

The Feature length Pilot is fantastic

McIcy said:
Got the series V+'d have been looking forward to this since I saw the first ad a few weeks ago, the series has so much promise and hopefuly we'll get to see some more adult humour from Matthew Perry rather than the Friends style we have grown accustomed to.
Yeah – it’s refreshing to see him in something other than the endless Friends repeats (was a big fan about 10 years ago, its getting a bit old and tired now)
Read a quote from him recently on how he had to tell the directors of this new show:
“If you see any Chandler…tell me to stop.â€

Will keep an eye out for any Chandler bits, am hoping to watch it tomorrow with my gf as she really wants to watch it

Watched the second episode the other day - things look to be juicing-up nicely now that the situation and main characters are established.

Caught glimpses of the Aaron Sorkin magic with some of the snappy dialogue typical of the Westwing.
Have a feeling this series could turn out to be more entertaining in fact; it’s certainly a more accessible format not being constrained and weighed down by the heavy politics of the White House – just have the tangled politics of a big TV network and show to look forward to instead!

Back