Summer Meetup North - Who can get to Birmingham?

Mutsumi

Guild Member
As the title says; who could go to a meet in Birmingham?

Edit: Those of you in the south need not worry, as we'll definitely be meeting in London at some point. :)

I'd hardly class Birmingham as up north Mutsumi :)

more centeral.

Liverpool, Manchester are really considered as the main area's up north.

Birmingham unfortuantly is still too far for me :(

Middle-North then. ;P

Also, two seperate meets is looking more likely I think, because I've looked at the travel costs between Manchester & London by train, & it was shockingly high. :O Tbh, I'm expecting this to end with two seperate meets; one London & one Manchester, but with Birmingham being more centre-north, I wanted to see how people'd like it. ^_^

They could both happen at the same time and we could get some webcams and msn usernamees up and do a whole live meet up thing

Mutsumi said:
Middle-North then. ;P

Also, two seperate meets is looking more likely I think, because I've looked at the travel costs between Manchester & London by train, & it was shockingly high. :O Tbh, I'm expecting this to end with two seperate meets; one London & one Manchester, but with Birmingham being more centre-north, I wanted to see how people'd like it. ^_^

i like the idear of haveing the meeting at both places how mcuh is it to get to london to man

Return tickets start at £57.10 booked online in advance. Single tickets could cost half that, if only the cheap ones were not unavailable to buy.

Now, the essential costs (room + travel) of the last London meet for me came to less than that, so a dual meet would double the costs.

Does anyone know a good coach service to Manchester?

Mutsumi said:
Return tickets start at £57.10 booked online in advance. Single tickets could cost half that, if only the cheap ones were not unavailable to buy.

Now, the essential costs (room + travel) of the last London meet for me came to less than that, so a dual meet would double the costs.

Does anyone know a good coach service to Manchester?

I'm pretty sure you can get tickets for cheaper if you book single and for a train leaving at a specific time and in advance. Does mean you have to travel when dictated to and don`t have a choice of stay a extra half hour for another pint or to chat more. But worked out about 30 quid there and back but that was a couple of years back so can`t remember exact price and they may of stopped doing it since then.

I saw those tickets listed, but it would not allow them to be bought; you must have to book one hell of a lot in advance. :/

Mutsumi said:
I saw those tickets listed, but it would not allow them to be bought; you must have to book one hell of a lot in advance. :/

Nah only about 1 to 2 weeks in advance (it may have been a bit longer than), but went down to the train station and booked them directly through a ticket booth. Sometimes it easier to deal with a person than mess around with a trying to deal with a stubborn machine. LOL

I live in Birmingham so I'm up for it, if anybody's interested

Looking at the posts above me, it seems as though not one person said a definite "yes", but if anyone wants a Birmingham meet up, then I can do the arrangements, help with hotels, entertainment, places to visit etc...

A day meet up in Birmingham sounds fine, even though it's just for a short while then I will offer to help for arrangements.

Well i live very close to Birmingham and i've been meaning to meet up with Strawberry anyways so i'd definetly be up for a meet!

Well, there are at least four of us who can do Birmingham. Maybe a day out is in order? A mini-meet perhaps? In addition to the London & most likely Manchester meets, of course.

I don't mind a mini meet because if there are few of us then the better chance we get to know each other more as we get to spend more time and talk with individuals ^^

Anyway whatever your planning for this meet, I'll be up for it

Back