The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Joshawott said:
Le drama.
Is this when French people get up in arms about things produced in limited quantities?

Bleach the Movie: Fade to Black (Blu-Ray) from PlanetAxel.
Here's the thing - I can get this from PlanetAxel for £17.77 (price including postage). Kazé's Blu-Ray release (which is due out in May) is £24.99 on Play.com right now. Which one am I going to choose? 9.9
Amazon UK for £17.99 to support the industry on this side of the pond? ;)

ilmaestro said:
Joshawott said:
Le drama.
Is this when French people get up in arms about things produced in limited quantities?
No, when that happens they just give up.

Bleach the Movie: Fade to Black (Blu-Ray) from PlanetAxel.
Here's the thing - I can get this from PlanetAxel for £17.77 (price including postage). Kazé's Blu-Ray release (which is due out in May) is £24.99 on Play.com right now. Which one am I going to choose? 9.9
Amazon UK for £17.99 to support the industry on this side of the pond? ;)
...I need to check other retailers sooner in the future. I know I'll be buying Kazé's release of Mardock Scramble when I can though (aside from the invasion of text, I prefer the EU cover art).

Anyways, PlanetAxel gave me a voucher totalling the amount I had paid for the order and told me to order it again. Awesome how they dealt with it so swifty - had to leave a thank you note on the additional information bit.

mangaman74 said:
Unknownfate said:
Does the £30.75 I paid Parcelforce this morning to release my Right Stuf order count as buying something?

I would say it counts as buying something but not as buying anime/manga.

The order is nothing but Anime and cardboard packaging so you could argue I was buying my Anime's freedom from Royal Mail.

Unknownfate said:
I paid Parcelforce this morning to release my Right Stuf order
How dark the times in which we live.
One is increasingly dissuaded from shopping with TRSI as reports of unsuccessful imports become more numerous.

Just ordered They Were Eleven and Patlabor WXIII from Amazon USA.
Tried to order Antique Bakery from Planet Axel but faced some troubles with the payment, so I hope tomorrow they will fix it.

Teo

teonzo said:
Just ordered They Were Eleven and Patlabor WXIII from Amazon USA.
Tried to order Antique Bakery from Planet Axel but faced some troubles with the payment, so I hope tomorrow they will fix it.

Teo

How long does it take from amazon usa to drop in europe the package? Cause i've tried to buy from it to see the dollar/eur conversion and i was a lil bit surprised when saw the delivery dates they gave me.

Standard International Shipping (averages 18-32 business days)
Expedited International Shipping (averages 8-16 business days)
Priority International Courier (averages 2-4 days)

Well i suppose it goes around the days they are saying but still...

I don't remember the exact amount of days, I should check my order history on the site, but I'm sure they took less time than estimated.
Regarding those 2 movies, I ordered them from marketplace sellers. In this way it takes about 1 month.

Teo

bakum4tsu said:
How long does it take from amazon usa to drop in europe the package? Cause i've tried to buy from it to see the dollar/eur conversion and i was a lil bit surprised when saw the delivery dates they gave me.

Standard International Shipping (averages 18-32 business days)
Expedited International Shipping (averages 8-16 business days)
Priority International Courier (averages 2-4 days)

Well i suppose it goes around the days they are saying but still...

I can tell you how long it takes to get to Germany, on average about 7-10 days, but it can take a lot longer, if you have to pay customs e.g. German customs is quite thorough which delays my packages up 2-4 weeks.

Zin5ki said:
Unknownfate said:
One is increasingly dissuaded from shopping with TRSI as reports of unsuccessful imports become more numerous.

I've spoken with the owner Shawne about it in the past and was informed that their insurance company wont let them VAT dodge anymore so unless they follow Planet Axel and drop ship everything through Germany I'm only going to be placing orders with them for expensive items like Fate/Zero which don't escape VAT charges anyway.

Unknownfate said:
Zin5ki said:
Unknownfate said:
I've spoken with the owner Shawne about it in the past and was informed that their insurance company wont let them VAT dodge anymore
That's the weakest excuse I've ever heard. Does their insurance company need to know they're doing it? I swear, people and their law abiding nature... If people sending goods from abroad marked everything as gifts and didn't include invoices no-one would be able to prove anything.

ayase said:
That's the weakest excuse I've ever heard. Does their insurance company need to know they're doing it? I swear, people and their law abiding nature... If people sending goods from abroad marked everything as gifts and didn't include invoices no-one would be able to prove anything.

...and if it was missing or damaged in the post they wouldn't be able to claim for it. If RM/PF/USPS were better I wouldn't be worried, but I have several things damaged and lost every year.

FourthLion said:
ayase said:

...and if it was missing or damaged in the post they wouldn't be able to claim for it. If RM/PF/USPS were better I wouldn't be worried, but I have several things damaged and lost every year.
Gifts are exempt from tax up to £40 in value, and afaik they can still be insured. just mark everything as a £39 gift, everybody wins. Except the government and insurance companies, obviously. But who wants them to win?

ayase said:
FourthLion said:
ayase said:

Gifts are exempt from tax up to £40 in value, and afaik they can still be insured. just mark everything as a £39 gift, everybody wins.
Unless you order something worth more than that and it goes missing, is his point.

Manga:

Blue Exorcist Vol. 6
Durarara: Vol 1

I might also order Spice and Wolf later due to seeing volume 4 of the manga on every visit to Waterstones in the past few months.

Manga Bought Last Week:

Hunter X Hunter: Volumes 6-7
Kimi ni Todoke: Volume 2 (My local has all of the volumes except Vol.2)
Psyren: Volume 2

EDIT: This Weeks Purchase!

Hunter x Hunter: Volumes 10 - 13

Back