The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Preordered from UP1:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion (Blu ray/DVD/CD)

Silly thing to do, as I could be moving anytime between now and June, but I'm afraid of theserunning out so I'll figure something out.

Might as well start pre-ordering more Summer titles:

United Publications (USA):
A Lull in the Sea - Complete Series: Premium Edition [Blu-ray/DVD]
Hyperdimension Neptunia - Complete Series: Limited Edition [Blu-ray/DVD]
Knights of Sidonia - Season 1: Collector's Edition [Blu-ray/DVD]

Other Notes:
- Not going to bother with the Soul Eater Premium Edition. While it sounds cool, there's already a cheaper Blu-ray version available and it needs more details before I would re-consider.
- Soul Eater NOT! and Wanna Be the Strongest in the World LEs will be picked up at a later point. I'm convinced these artboxes will last much longer due to mixed reception.
- Freezing Vibration LE is being considered though I'm still annoying I missed out on Season 1's LE. I will get the Season 1 Anime Classic to go alongside Vibration but I'll wait until I've gone through my backlog a bit.
- Will pre-order No Game No Life Collector's Edition when that pops up.
- Besides pre-orders I plan to get the Blu-ray version of Kara no Kyoukai (the garden of sinners) from Amazon Japan next month, and quite possibly the Persona 3 movies (though I waited to see if a bilingual version would occur since I like the P3 dub).
- In terms of LE collecting, I also plan on buying the other half of Fate/Zero. The Monogatari Second Season sets will be considered during the middle of the year. Funimation wise, I will probably go after 2 catalogue LEs and get some Part 2 sets in return.

Today i received an order from UP1 UK which has a card included with the following;

Sadly due to continued drops in US exchange rates, we will now be forced into raising UK prices shortly.

Some good news if you order from our US web site likely will be cheaper.
While your order is charged in US dollars, will still be imported and delivery by United Publications UK (As long as your address within the UK or Europe).

So my question is, if you order from UP1 USA do you need to pay additional custom charges, as the last paragraph on that card suggest this isn't the case ?

No, if you order from UP1 USA they still ship from the same building in the UK so you'll never be hit by customs as they do the import clearance beforehand.

Basically both shops are identical but one charges in USD and the other in GBP. From UP1's perspective, it's better for them to receive money in USD because they don't have to keep converting it to buy stock (their suppliers all use USD) so they can give better rates to customers who buy in the currency they want more of. I have no idea of the actual company structure behind the scenes (they may have two companies and one sells the stock to the other for orders), but if you have a payment method which makes buying in USD a good deal for you (which most people from non-GBP-using countries probably do) then UP1 will reward you for using it by offering slightly better prices.

Having had some fun times setting up multicurrency web stores myself I assume they are running them as two different shops to make it easier to control administratively. But for all practical purposes, to customers UP1 and UP1USA are the exact same thing.

R

UP1 have added the Section23 July Line-Up.

United Publications (USA):
No Game, No Life - Complete Series: Collector's Edition [Blu-ray/DVD]

Back