The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I decided to try making an order from Suruga-ya.com to import some Japanese anime. I have never used this site before for importing anime, but they are offering free EMS shipping this weekend, so it's a good opportunity to try them out. I ordered used copies of the two Japanese Limited Edition Blu-ray Box sets for a series I really enjoyed on Netflix many years ago, but which never got a physical release here in the US. These sets will of course not be English friendly.

Children of the Whales Limited Edition Blu-ray Box 1
Children of the Whales Limited Edition Blu-ray Box 2

childrenwhales1.jpg
childrenwhales2.jpg

Ordered from Ebay:

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! - Season 1 (LE Blu-ray/DVD)

Pre-ordered from Anime-on-Line:

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! - Season 2 (LE Blu-ray/DVD)

Emma Season 1 from CEX in Barking (hard to turn it down for £6)
Is the order a Rabbit Season 2 from CEX in Gravesend (£12)

I ought to stop looking in random CEXs for anime titles as pricing is very much all over the place. Like with Emma being sold for £6 a volume when on Amazon is ~ £24 for the standard edition

Last edited:
Thank you Anime Limited! They released two more Early Bird Collector's Edition pre-orders back to back yesterday and today, so I was able to add them both to last week's Early Bird that expires today, and make another 3-title order to split up the cost of international shipping:

atagoldenboneslupin.jpg

Last edited:
I looked at the Gundam sale and decided aversion was the best policy. I'd need a new bookshelf / spare room if I was going down the Gundam abyss. :)

Ordered The Garden of Words (Steelbook), The Future Diary (CE) and The Irresponsible Captain Tylor (CE) from the ATA sale.

I also ordered Suzume (Steelbook) from AOL (will order the LE at a later date).

This will complete my Makoto Shinkai steelbook collection (a shame The Place Promised in Our Early Days / Voices of a Distant Star didn't get a steelbook though).

The Future Diary will be a nostalgia trip as it was one of the earlier anime I watched. I do wonder how I'll feel about the series nowadays as I did enjoy it when I was younger but I know it's far from a perfect show.

Decided against the ATA mystery box after seeing the contents, but decided it was worthwhile picking up Fortune Favors Lady Nikuko and upgrading my Testament of Sister New Devil's (£25.48 with my member discount).

My Sentai order seems to be lost somewhere within Royal Mail (I hear their parcel delivery system had a breakdown this week). Maybe it has been swamped by all those people sending Easter cards and presents?

So after saying Anime Limited's Spring sale looked 'underwhelming' at first (mainly because I had hoped they'd surprise us with Naruto/Bleach), there were actually a few things I wanted on good deals. I ordered these over the last few days:

1711967965527.png
1711968005828.png
1711969155210.png

Well! I must apologise to Royal Mail, as my Sentai/Stackry order finally arrived, and the label does say it was sent from Sweden. No idea why it went missing for a week, though. Again no customs charges. It's been years since I've been hit with a fee. Another Brexit bonus? Settling in with Himouto! Umaru-chan.

Well! I must apologise to Royal Mail, as my Sentai/Stackry order finally arrived, and the label does say it was sent from Sweden. No idea why it went missing for a week, though. Again no customs charges. It's been years since I've been hit with a fee. Another Brexit bonus? Settling in with Himouto! Umaru-chan.

From what I've learned, blu-rays/DVDs only attract customs/VAT charges if the value of the package is declared to be over £135.

Back