The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

One Piece Season 3 - Second Voyage from Playusa

They don't stock the Season 3 - First Voyage anymore so I will have to order that elsewhere.

Also cancelled my order for FMA Fumoffu Bluray with Playusa & reordered it from Axel Music (it costs a few pounds more but at least I will get it).

I planned it so that I'd realize SecondSpin's current 25% code coincides with their free shipping on orders over 30% promotion on the code's last day, for I am smart.

ss1fo.jpg

ss2hc.jpg

ss3hn.jpg

ss4y.jpg

Btw, these sets need new owners:

http://www.secondspin.com/movies/produc ... id=2676537
http://www.secondspin.com/movies/produc ... id=2677077

At those prices those sets definitely need owners.

Bought Linebarrels of Iron set 1 + 2 and OVA (I saw the first few episodes but for some reason did not feel like I would finish it without the discs).

Naruto Shippuden Set 4 LE.

kenichik.jpg

Apparently, PlayUSA are still very much useful. It'd cost me something like £25 x2 elsewhere, and there isn't a S2 box set I can get from Axel for £30, this time around. It's saddening to think I'll have no more £17.99 orders to make...

Also, Kenichi's pretty damn good. It's like the Karate Kid... just as a TV series, with anime hilarity and the boob-hips-bum girl being a goal that kicks ****, rather than just the required girlfriend character every teen coming of age flick needs.

The Breaker = GTO + Kenichi + 11/10 Korean art

Also-also-also: Funimation make the best trailers. First they convinced me Eden of the East was worth giving a second chance to, and then they sold Kenichi to me in under a minute.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I5BgtYrH9Zk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I5BgtYrH9Zk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

sanji no 1 said:
I bought it for £35 in HMV but i dont know how much it is in MCM.

I spose its cheaper in different places and that i probably got ripped off, but oh well.

Ya cheaper at the expo then, it's a 18 right?

Dvd
Samurai Champloo Boxset
Paranoia Agent Boxset
Samurai Deeper Kyo Boxset
Blue Dragon Boxset
Kenichi Season one Boxset
Blade of the Immortal 1
One Piece Season 3 Voyage 3

BD
One Piece Strong World LE
FMA:B 1 + 2
Afro Samurai 2
Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
Sky Crawlers

Manga
Jp Jump - One with 1st Time skip One Piece chapter.
One Piece - 49-55
DBZ - 25-26
FMA - 2-3
Claymore - 1
Bakuman - 1
Gurren Lagann - 2-3
Blade of the Immortal - 1
Vagabond Viz Big - 1
Battle Royal Ultimate Edition - 1
Ral and Grad - 1-4

And Various OP Merch.

Manga:
D Gray Man, 3
Soul Eater, 2
Claymore, 2
Bakuman, 2
Psy Comm, 1
Deathnote, 11
Higurashi
-Time Killing Arc, 2
-Abducted By Demons Arc, 2
-Beyond Midnight Arc, 1

Anime
Submarine 707 Revolution,1 (freebie)
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed , 2 (freebie)
Gantz, 3 (For £1)
Kiki's Delivery Service (Again!)

All in all it was a good spree ath the expo.

@Southe
Just a few there! Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind being the pick of the lot though.

I know it's a bit offtopic but I figured this was the best topic to ask in. I see Eden of the East bluray going for 24-26 GBP at online retailers, I thought it used to be 18 GBP?

Not a UK resident, so I don't have much of a clue how retailers work. Was I seeing things, since Basara is still going for 18GBP.

Not sure how accurate this is ( http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B003VOIPIG ) any chance it'll drop back?

Ikari said:
I know it's a bit offtopic but I figured this was the best topic to ask in. I see Eden of the East bluray going for 24-26 GBP at online retailers, I thought it used to be 18 GBP?

Not a UK resident, so I don't have much of a clue how retailers work. Was I seeing things, since Basara is still going for 18GBP.

Not sure how accurate this is ( http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B003VOIPIG ) any chance it'll drop back?
No that's right: Eden of the easts retail price (pre discounts) is £5 higher. It's just a more expensive title, assume licensing costs were high or they expect Basara to sell well, due to the game tie in.

Did a bit of googling and found some remnants of the old price "but the blu-ray version of Eden of the East will retail at £34.99 but you can pre-order it on Amazon for only £17.47". Seems a bit odd why only the Eden bluray release would get the discount slashed.

Since the dvd version still has a 40% discount on play.com but the bluray is only 20%. Figured someone had preordred it at the old price and can chime in. If not I might prod MangaUK over twitter after the Expo is over, their rep seems really nice.

My Expo haul is thus:
Battle Angel (OVA)
Submarine 707R

In addition, the Air Motion Picture arrived through the post.
My acquisitions were not many in number, but I still had a riveting time for the most part. (The wrestling event was one of my highlights, though I was seemingly alone in enjoying it.)

My haul at the expo is as follows

DVDs:

When They Cry Complete Collection
Soul Eater Part 1
Baccano! Complete Collection
My-Hime Anime Legends
Witch Hunter Robin Anime Legends
Canaan Complete Collection

Mangas:

Black God Vol 8 & 9
Maria+Holic Vol 4 & 5
Fate/Stay Night Vol 6-9
Rosario+Vampire Vol 9 & 10
Higurashi Curse Killing Chapter Vol 1 & 2
Samurai Harem Asu no Yoichi Vol 4
Black Bird Vol 1 & 2
Bakuman Vol 1 & 2

Bit disappointed to find that most of Maid-Sama manga was sold on the friday which was annoying :x

Doraemon666 said:
Dairugger collection 3
Dirty Pair TV Series Collection 1
Initial D:Stage 1 Part 1
Initial D:Stage 1 Part 2

Have you checked out Right Stuff's official Dirty Pair site? There is a 4 part interview with Haruka Takachiho (currently only the parts 1 & 2 are available).

Back