The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Well yeah, 'panic buy' was a huge exaggeration, but since Bandai USA are shutting up shop, I'm happy enough to grab the BD set straight from Japan, rather than wait for a license rescue with the faint possibility of a US release for the BD.

As for the Ltd Edition thing, I dunno - all of the eBay sellers call their listings 'limited versions' though they don't seem particularly special.

I'm just happy to know I'll be able get shut of Manga's mono-tastic release of Season 2. :p

VoxPhantom said:
Well yeah, 'panic buy' was a huge exaggeration
Haha, fair enough then! I thought maybe there had been some super-limited Aniplex style US release that I had somehow put out of my mind.

Yes, the JP version is technically a limited first-print run according to all the listings, but nearly two years later and Amazon still has stock, so they must have printed tons considering how well it has sold! (I actually didn't realize that had been two years until looking back to posts of when I bought mine, quite scary).

Last week I took advantage of the viz media sale on rightstuf and ordered inuyasha seasons 4-7 for $10 each.
Then today I made a number of orders containing
Kino’s Journey DVD and solid state society blu from Amazon traders
Laputa blu from zavvi
Steins gate part 1, broken blade blu, bamboo blade DVD and arakawa under the bridge set 1 from united publications

ordered from UP1

king of bandits jing
skullman
tenchi universe
tenchi in tokyo
spiral
area 88 OVA
heroic age
megazone
venus wars
le chevalier D'eon
martian successor nadesico series/movie/ovs

Street Fighter Alpha: The Movie
Street Fighter Alpha: Generations
Eden of the East TV (BD)
Eden of the East Movie 1 (BD)
Eden of the East Movie 2 (BD)

Read This and decided that I had to order the Lain set.
Funi really are going all out with this release, I mean who doesn't want a 320 page artbook?
Let's just hope they fix those spelling errors.

animefreak17 said:
just ordered a

Toshiba BDX3200 3D Blu-Ray Player with BD Live

blu ray region free here i come

Do you need a link to the region free firmware at all or have you already got it?

Reads to me like the "24-page restoration booklet" is the RACS exclusive item, while TRSI have something different. The 320-page art book is included in all copies, and is probably the main reason for the $90 retail price.

Mangaranga said:
Read This and decided that I had to order the Lain set.
Funi really are going all out with this release, I mean who doesn't want a 320 page artbook?
Let's just hope they fix those spelling errors.

animefreak17 said:
just ordered a

Toshiba BDX3200 3D Blu-Ray Player with BD Live

blu ray region free here i come
Do you need a link to the region free firmware at all or have you already got it?

Iv ordered it and Im pretty sure I know what to do cause I unlocked my DVD player with my remote and I'm sure it'll be the same as, but if I have any problems I'l ask you and thank you very much I really mean it

animefreak17 said:
Iv ordered it and Im pretty sure I know what to do cause I unlocked my DVD player with my remote and I'm sure it'll be the same as, but if I have any problems I'l ask you and thank you very much I really mean it

You do realise that you have to install a certain Australian (Region Free) firmware first right?
You can't just install any Australian firmware, it has to be a specific one.
If you don't do that then you cannot access the menu to change region.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Reads to me like the "24-page restoration booklet" is the RACS exclusive item, while TRSI have something different. The 320-page art book is included in all copies, and is probably the main reason for the $90 retail price.

Unknownfate said:
Did you order it from RACS? It doesn't sound like you'll get the artbook otherwise.

If you click on the link to the blog post it is a quote from the product manager, so I'm assuming that both will be in every copy.

A lot of people have been asking if the upcoming Lain BD from Funimation is going to be a native master or an upscale. I asked the product manager in Houston, and he gave us some good news this morning:

"We've been getting a lot of questions about the Lain Blu-ray, it's not an up-res, it is native HD. They actually went back and remastered the whole series, we even have a 24 page restoration booklet (along with a 320 page artbook) included with our release."

So the upcoming Lain set will indeed be Native HD. Sweetness! Bet you're glad you didn't pay $400 for the Japanese BD box... :)

animefreak17 said:
What should I do?
If I remember correctly, you have to download the firmware update and put it on a disc and put that in the player.

When I got my player, the firmware update had already been applied though (I got it from eBay), so I haven't done it myself.

animefreak17 said:
What should I do?

Well it depends, how are going to want to update the firmware?
You can either do it by burning the firmware to a CD or copying the files to USB.

I'll upload what you need depending on your chosen method.
Personally I did it via USB and it took no time at all.

Mangaranga said:
animefreak17 said:
What should I do?

You can either do it by burning the firmware to a CD or copying the files to USB.

Well I'm not sure how to download to a disc but I have a 2gb USB stick but I'm sure we have a few discs lying about somewhere but I think the USB sticks the choice but if not, the disc is the other option I can learn as im going along.

Hey thanks a bunch I own ya one

animefreak17 said:
Mangaranga said:
animefreak17 said:
What should I do?

Well I'm not sure how to download to a disc but I have a 2gb USB stick but I'm sure we have a few discs lying about somewhere but I think the USB sticks the choice but if not, the disc is the other option I can learn as im going along.

Hey thanks a bunch I own ya one

Here are the files.
http://www.mediafire.com/?3kyce0dqfcabegr

Includes an image telling you how to change region, the firmware itself and a quick .txt I wrote saying how to install it.
Simple enough but I felt like it ;)

Back