The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Just Passing Through said:
Mangaranga said:
MrLaserSharkKH said:
Trigun: Badlands Rumble (BD)
Is Kaze's release sub locked?

Yes, but you do have the option of watching the English dub with the English (or German if you're just weird) subtitles on. You can't turn off the subs with the Japanese audio though.
I like the fact that they added an Eng Dub+Sub track but there is still no reason for sub locking.
The R1 release (Which I guess I'll go with) isn't crippled like this.
It's not going to be easy to sell me a product which is less desirable than the R1 release or even a BD rip.

For some reason each company seems to have a completely different capacity for negotiating contracts with Japan. It's nonsense when the US version (region A) hasn't been locked down while the region B pressing has.

It's sort of depressing watching the anime industry outside Japan tearing itself to pieces due to silly - and completely arbitrary - restrictions. Why they don't just treat everyone the same or on pricing tiers (i.e. the lower the RRP, the more restrictions, wherever you happen to be in the world) I don't know.

R

Rui said:
For some reason each company seems to have a completely different capacity for negotiating contracts with Japan. It's nonsense when the US version (region A) hasn't been locked down while the region B pressing has.

R

I don't think that Kaze are restricted by contract to how they present content, I just it think it's company policy for them to lock the f*** out of their discs regardless, because they don't want Germans putting on the French subtitles by mistake and complaining to head office or something. I have yet to see a Kaze release without restrictions. Badlands Rumble is unlocked in Region A and Region B (Madman Australia who just repackaged the US disc)

Just Passing Through said:
Rui said:

R

I don't think that Kaze are restricted by contract to how they present content, I just it think it's company policy for them to lock the f*** out of their discs regardless, because they don't want Germans putting on the French subtitles by mistake and complaining to head office or something. I have yet to see a Kaze release without restrictions. Badlands Rumble is unlocked in Region A and Region B (Madman Australia who just repackaged the US disc)
Even if you could shuffle through all the subtitles, does it really matter?
I'd be alot happier doing that than going through the popup menu and selecting from the options which you are limited to.
What if you don't want subs with the OP/ED? What if you want to watch it in Japanese without subs? I can't really complain about not being able to watch Eng dub with subs anymore, but still.
I moan about this all the time, but as much as I want to, I refuse to support any Kaze releases (Other than P4 + T&B maybe) due to this locking issue, and just how unpredictable the quality of their products seem to be, which is a shame as they are releasing some good shows/films on BD like Berserk, Mardock Scramble TSC, Mawaru Penguindrum and Code Geass, all of which I will be buying the R1 versions.

Went to forbidden planet for the first tme ever today. It was HEAVEN!

I bought the following manga:

Toriko Vol. 8 & 9
Blue Exorcist vol. 3
and volume 1 of Zombie Powder, Hitman Reborn and Case Closed

Pre-ordered all my december titles,now i can finally start saving for christmas,the last couple of months have burned a hole in my wallet.
One piece Season 4 Part 3
Penguin Drum Collection 1
Shakugan No Shana Season 2 Part 1
Shakugan No Shana Season 2 Part 2
Steins,Gate Part 2
Tenchi Muyo-Movies Collection
Tenchi Muyo-OVA Collection

Ordered vol. 12 of the Evangelion manga and the first volume of Drops of God, a manga all about wine which was recommended on the Anime World Order podcast. First anime/manga purchases I've made in a long, long time!

Ordered the following off UP1

Serial Experiments Lain LE BD Set
Occult Academy LE BD Set

They are both in stock now, the latter hasn't been on the site for ages and just checked this morning and the listing is back up and in stock, very happy :>

Back