The General Conversation Area

Its just occurred to me that this is probably going to be the first year I won't be getting any anime during the Christmas sales, as I only need 3 more titles.
I'm hopeful there's some sales on new releases but thats about it. 😭

Well that's the reason I spent so much on the sentai sale as I needed quite a few in my collection. Plus this months funimation region B titles too.

A spirit of the sun
Chaika the coffin princess season 2
Chihayafuru season 1
Chihayafuru season 2
Chivalry of a failed knight
Fate kaleid prisma illya 2wei herz
Flowers of evil
From the new world
Haikyu season 1
Haikyu season 2
Is the order a rabbit season 2
La corda d'oro blue sky
Love stage
Momokuri
Mysterious girlfriend x
Non non repeat
Outbreak company
Seven heavenly virtues
Softenni
Squid girl season 1&2
Student council discretion season 1
Student council discretion season 2
The life of budori gusuko
The tibetan dog
To heart 2
Waiting in the summer
The world god only knows ultimate collection

A sisters all you need
Code realize
Kings game
Kino's journey
Relife final arc
Star blazers

Night on the galactic railroad

I considered the Sentai sale, but using a proxy shipper like Viabox seemed like effort and most of the titles I was looking to get are receiving MVM releases so I’d hold out to see how those turn out first.

Have a few Funi titles I also want to acquire but need to budget for December, which is difficult when you’re unsure as to what is being offered.

I considered the Sentai sale, but using a proxy shipper like Viabox seemed like effort and most of the titles I was looking to get are receiving MVM releases so I’d hold out to see how those turn out first.

Have a few Funi titles I also want to acquire but need to budget for December, which is difficult when you’re unsure as to what is being offered.

I have American friends so I don't have that issue.
Also as mentioned there's no point me holding off until the sales as I only need 3 uk releases now.

I have American friends so I don't have that issue.
Also as mentioned there's no point me holding off until the sales as I only need 3 uk releases now.
Yeah I’m looking into that for the Funi releases but need to see what prices are offered to me. I’m likely to wait until after Christmas to decide whether to pick up what I’m looking for though.

I’m amazed you only have three UK titles left, your collection is very impressive!

Yeah I’m looking into that for the Funi releases but need to see what prices are offered to me. I’m likely to wait until after Christmas to decide whether to pick up what I’m looking for though.

I’m amazed you only have three UK titles left, your collection is very impressive!

Love live season 2, Sakura trick, and
Gunbuster movie 1 which is going to be a nuisance to find.
I have them on dvd already so I'm just waiting to find them for a good price now.

Have to say I like amazon US customer service. I’m meant to have something delivered today but the tracking hasn’t updated since dispatch. So I contacted them and the item is still with the carrier in the US. Not only are they giving me a full refund but they’ll also tell the carrier to hurry it up and deliver said item.

Well that’s better than what I dealt with recently where they initially refused to take responsibility for packaging my items terribly and couldn’t replace them. It took a lot of effort with the second rep just to get a 20% refund so I could buy some replacement cases which I still haven’t found.

Sometimes they’re great and are willing to refund you for their mistakes, other times they refuse to budge and admit they goofed. Guess it depends on the rep on the other side.

bad idea - start setting fires around outside to make things warmer

That generally gets the fire service to put them out. :(

As long as it doesn’t snow I can deal with the cold.

Snnnooooowwww.... aaahhh... *takes work laptop and evacuates quickly*

Personally, I blame the weather 😏

I forgot how cold November should be! :(

I have no working central heating (all electric anyway.) I just keep warm by layering up & with 2 portable oil radiators.... snow is good for me because it provides a nice layer of insulation on the roof and keeps the heat in better!

Who needs internal insulation! :D

"no business like snow buisness" I believe is your motto for trying to sell this snow insulation. just don't tell people it falls from the air

Just like water. ;)

/umiko

That generally gets the fire service to put them out. :(

Snnnooooowwww.... aaahhh... *takes work laptop and evacuates quickly*

I forgot how cold November should be! :(

Who needs internal insulation! :D

Just like water. ;)

/umiko
I love the cold - I'm definitely an autumn/winter person!

latest

sweet salted sideways is it ever cold outside... the chill has caught up here, everything is frosting over!
what's everyone's exaggerated take on the cold today?

Unrelated Edit (avoiding double post): I had a great idea to put in my haberdashery, I really did, I would have thought of a Fate series fighting game, then I found out fate/unlimited code is a thing. what do you call it, when you've just thought of something that you're going to find out has already been thought of?

Last edited:
I have now finished moving! My anime collection has, of course, moved with me, and it looks much the same as before, with a couple of additions, and subtractions
45093677905_9d8541f969_b.jpg

As it turns out, despite the move, I actually still have no more room for shelving, so this is all I've got for the foreseeable future. With this in mind, in an attempt to claw back some space, I've put all my DVDs in storage, apart from the ones I haven't seen yet, and once I've seen them, they'll be joining the others. This will hopefully buy me some time so I can figure out a better long term solution.

45093087025_834130e60e_b.jpg

One upside with this new house is that I have a second room to put my TV in! I have a couch and a proper TV stand now and everything, which I'm just thrilled about. I was miles away from my TV before, so to be right in front of it is genuinely great and makes it feel twice as large! I was thinking about getting a newer, bigger TV, but now I'm close to it, it seems rather unnecessary.

PIKACHU! 😃❤️

Glad you've finally moved in Lemon - hooray! Hope you like your new house 🙂

Shame that Pokémon blu ray didn't get lost in the move 😏

😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡

Back