The General Conversation Area

Shadow Cat

Stand User
Can someone help explain what Shopto is talking about

I placed an order for a £70 collectors edition and their site says Free Tracked Shipping for orders above £50

But this option wasn't available.

So I emailed them asking why there was no Free Tracked Shipping option for this item and got the following reply

The reason for this, is due to the size of the item. Its quite big and heavy, so the tracking ensures the item is tracked upto delivery and is handled and delivered to you in the best way possible.
To do this, we can only offer tracked options that unfortuantely do incur a cost.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, it seems as those there was no Free Tracked Shipping option as the item needs to be sent tracked... What makes no sense

WMD

Mad Scientist

I placed an order for a £70 collectors edition and their site says Free Tracked Shipping for orders above £50

So I emailed them asking why there was no Free Tracked Shipping option for this item and got the following reply

Unless I'm reading this wrong, it seems as those there was no Free Tracked Shipping option as the item needs to be sent tracked... What makes no sense
I think what they're saying is that because it's a large item it costs more to send it tracked than a normal order over £50 and they dont want to absorb the cost. That's how i read it anyway.

Shadow Cat

Stand User
I think what they're saying is that because it's a large item it costs more to send it tracked than a normal order over £50 and they dont want to absorb the cost. That's how i read it anyway.
That would make sense if it was a large item that included a figure or needed to be sent via DPD. Something that would be Medium Parcel or larger

But its a Switch Limited Edition, the same size as say... Life is Strange CE, Final Fantasy 7 CE, and Nis America Vita CE's

and its been sent Royal Mail 24 hour, the same service Shopto uses for all other Switch Collectors Editions... And seemingly all other orders

Vincentdante

Cardcaptor

I stopped using Shopto years ago after they cancelled a number of my pre-orders for no reason other than it was a niche title they chose not to stock in the end (like a day before release as well). They are generally sketchy imo.

RadFemHedonist

Pokémon Master
I wish I could get a pet like a cat or dog but I'm uncertain my OCD can handle the messes they make and the hair makes me get a kind of OCD cough reaction thing as well sometimes like I'll freak out as if it's in my throat (I honestly don't believe it's an allergy as I don't get any other symptoms and it happens with lots of similar things not just cats and dogs). I also do understand they do cost money on food and vet's bills (and even if the pet is initially healthy there are basic checkups and neutering to consider). But I'm so lonely living alone and I would like to figure out a way to do it, does anyone have any advice? I have had cats and dogs before as a child (before my OCD became more pronounced) so I do have some idea of what is involved in living with one at least. While I think hairless breeds deserve as much love as any other ones I would prefer a cat or dog with fur myself, so other suggestions would be prob be better than that suggestion. I am more keen on a cat I think but I do also really like dogs a lot too :) One other concern I have with cats is that they can be very selective with their food, this would not annoy me (i'm autistic myself and we tend to be like that too!) but does concern me as far as being able to afford food they will eat (I know not all cats are like that but it happens fairly often from what I've heard). I would consider both rescue animals and raising from kitten or puppy, so any input anyone has there would also be appreciated :)

Oldmario

Thousand Master
anyone have any experience with getting a PCB printed and having parts pre-soldered onto it? there's something i want to do and i think i have all the files for it but it's still all completely dutch to me

Vincentdante

Cardcaptor
FYI for anyone that cares about Fate but doesn't play FGO. Now that the solomon arc has been animated there are youtube videos spoiling the ending in the video's title. FGO players will know the specific bit I am on about but I just wanted to give anyone not in the know a heads up.