The General Conversation Area

Godot said:
Ah I can't make this weekend anyway lol. Maybe next.

Me, Will and Arby totally expect a Tachi- length post on Sunday.

Also, Vindaloo is an Indian dish. Chicken Tikka Masala less so, but still based on something Indian. Them two are just incredibly popular in the UK. Unless you go into London, your not going to get a proper Indian dish anywhere because most are changed to cater to where they are. Same thing for Chinese, I suppose - the crap we eat ain't no Chinese, fo' realz.

devilrules666 said:
against the americans who still call it soccer.arrogant sods..... :evil:
On that note, "soccer" is an upper-class abbreviation of "assoc.", itself an abbreviation of "association football" (which is the sport's official name). It is analogous to "rugger", a term still occasionally used to denote another football variation.

Of course, both these sports (plus others) are simply tamed descendants of mediaeval football traditions, although traditional "mob" games still survive to this day.

/Things I refrain from mentioning on ANN.

Jayme said:
Also, Vindaloo is an Indian dish. Chicken Tikka Masala less so, but still based on something Indian. Them two are just incredibly popular in the UK. Unless you go into London, your not going to get a proper Indian dish anywhere because most are changed to cater to where they are. Same thing for Chinese, I suppose - the crap we eat ain't no Chinese, fo' realz.
Ah! My bad, just looked into it myself. Thought it was.
Apologies to Devil. :p

devilrules666 said:
ooo have to check out the we are scienests one. big fan of theirs! so are you only playing english ones or the other country ones?
You can hear the song here, it's yet to released sadly. ¬_¬

Jayme said:
Godot said:
Ah I can't make this weekend anyway lol. Maybe next.

Me, Will and Arby totally expect a Tachi- length post on Sunday.

lol the free pizza incident, my "Tachi- length posts" and talking about curry's when i have a chicken tikka masala and a pint for a fiver on wednesdays? lol Can i safely say i'm in the AUKN history books?

Morning all,

I got a few hours into Assassin's Creed2 lastnight :) have got to the third part of (what i believe to be) the first time in the animagus 2.0, not a bad game tbh better than the first one.

Morning Tachi. Got stuck into AC2 then aye? It is better than the first like. Plenty of different ways to assasinate your prey. Mwahahaaa! *ahem*

Had a bad nights sleep last night and today I'm feeling a little off. Hope it doesn't come to anything because I don't want to be ill over the weekend. =(

Afternoon people.

I got 2 more exams down this morning and finished 40 minutes early to boot. Hopefully I won't drop that many marks overall.

How is everyone doing at the moment?

*walks in after eating a satisfying BLT*

Afternon.

Feeling much better than I was this morning. Must have just been hunger pains I was getting. The misses is going to see Sex in the City 2 tonight so I'm thinking of getting some gaming on the go! =D

@Jiindama: Hope the exams went well boyo. :thumb:

devilrules666 said:
evening all people anyone got a random topic to start this evenings conservation ?

The Moral implications of Teleportation: when the person is teleported, their body is deconstructed at one side and recontructed at the other, therefore meaning that the person stepping out of the teleporter at the other end is not the original person, though they may look the same, as nothing yet suggests that teleportation can recreate a person's conciousness, only their body.

So if you were teleported, would you actually die and your clone go on living at the other end?

Morning, afternoon, g'night...whichever time period counts right now...

I was up till 3 playing assassins creed 2, i'm 56% of the way through the game already. have 6 video's from subject 16 unlocked and figured out thei codes on them. Assassinated everyone who was involved in the deaths at the start and now going after a hooded man. have 4 of 6 seals for the Altair armour, 20 feathers of 100, all the villa has been upgraded and with only 16-17 pieces of the coded pieces....i've worked out for myself that the 30pieces will reveal a map of the world.

Tachi- said:
....i've worked out for myself that the 30pieces will reveal a map of the world.
You may think that, but once it's all completed and you arrange them. If you look at at it long enough, you can see the image of a dolphin.

Morning all. Feeling very much like the living dead this morning. Played Bad Company 2 and watched Bleach untill 3.00 (it's a popular time to stay up till).
I also got Devil May Cry 4 yesterday. However I have only got as far as the install and update.

Ah, g'morning all of you just waking up. I on the other hand have been up all night, mainly on FF: Tactics A2 on the DS, but there we go.
Still no bloody call from Asda, if i get nothing by Monday, i'm gonna go in and ask how long i should expect to go before i hear anything, since i really need a solid form of income soon.

Morning Arby. Looks like the theme today is how long did we stay up playing games last night. :p
(you win by the way)

I believe ASDA are renowned for not getting back to job applicants. My brother applied for one in my home town and he didn't get a response untill 8 months later?!! He'd already got another job by that point.
But that might just be a local issue.

Finding a job at the moment is hard man. I feel for you.

retailers as a whole are reknown for not doing it

as for the vgs discussion i was only up till 1am but i spent my time swearing at myself for shooting my $750 horse on red dead :(

least the world cup starts today, not that i'll see much thanks to work

Back