The General Conversation Area

Voddas said:
If they made that website, I would definately get it looked at. I was 16 when I really got into anime/manga so I wouldn't know where to even start with Harvey. Bebop and Overfiend may not go down well. Hah!
Bebop has a few colorful episodes, most of it would just go over his head, but the violence may be a bit too much for starters. But then again, I got surprised that most of my friends took their 4 / 5 yo to see the Avengers.

Voddas said:
chaos said:
With that said, please don't make little Harvey James cosplay Two Face or the commissioner so soon.... ;)
Funny you should mention it... his Batman costume arrived in the post this week. :oops:
Batman is ok. But wait, he's only a couple months old and you're already dressing him up as Batman? Fantastic! Have you seen the Voltron girl pic I've posted today on FB? I won't repost here, as I have no idea where that have been ripped off from, but it's truly awesome.

chaos said:
Voddas said:
If they made that website, I would definately get it looked at. I was 16 when I really got into anime/manga so I wouldn't know where to even start with Harvey. Bebop and Overfiend may not go down well. Hah!
Bebop has a few colorful episodes, most of it would just go over his head, but the violence may be a bit too much for starters. But then again, I got surprised that most of my friends took their 4 / 5 yo to see the Avengers.
I would probably have done the same. HAh!
Need to buy the blu-ray to complete my Avengers set!

chaos said:
Voddas said:
chaos said:
With that said, please don't make little Harvey James cosplay Two Face or the commissioner so soon.... ;)
Funny you should mention it... his Batman costume arrived in the post this week. :oops:
Batman is ok. But wait, he's only a couple months old and you're already dressing him up as Batman? Fantastic! Have you seen the Voltron girl pic I've posted today on FB? I won't repost here, as I have no idea where that have been ripped off from, but it's truly awesome.
I did see the pic and it was indeed awesome... and also makes me kind of jealous. I want a Voltron costume!!!

BlackWolf said:
Hey Voddas :p Long time no see, Hows things? Only five weeks now till I join the dad army :) Also Theo is not seeing Overfiend till he's got kids of his own...Don't want him thinking that's how babies are made!
Hah! Yeah I'm good cheers. Tired.. but good. I won't go into the whole sleepless nights and walls pasted in baby poo conversation with you just yet... you'll find out soon enough! Mwahahahaaa!

*throws a ball to release a puff of smoke disappearing from site*

*smoke clears and I'm stood there on my phone*

What?

20thCenturyBoy said:
Been feeling up and down all week, today ended up on the lower end of the scale. Just feel I have absolutely nothing in my life right now, personally or career wise. I'm stuck in a nothing job with ever dwindling hours, get rejected for everything I apply for and I'm still waiting for my dream career to take off. I've sunk 3 years into doing this since leaving Uni and feel I've got nothing to show for it but a bunch of unread piles of paper that will remain unread. I feel like giving up and settling into some ****** little job I hate and suffer in silence until I grow old and die alone. I don't think it helps that my big sister is moving away to a brilliant new job, I just feel I'm constantly in her shadow achievement wise and forever will be.
Been there, done that. Still am there, in a way, but am no longer as depressed by it. I won't say "follow your dreams" or "anything's possible" or any of those clichéd platitudes because I think convincing yourself things are going to turn out a certain way (whether that's positive or negative) is one of the worst things anyone can possibly do for their mental state. But I certainly would advise against spending your life doing stuff you hate, especially if the reason is "the bastards finally managed to grind me down". It's your limited time on this Earth, why would you spend it doing things you don't enjoy (unless those things are stepping stones to a future you desire)? Even if you feel you can't have your ideal life, I think it's important to try and find a way of living you can enjoy or at least be content with.

I've always been one for not doing what I don't enjoy, but I feel it's kind of an eventuality that I need to accept some sort of compromise in that sense. If we all jsut did what we wanted the world would go to hell, at least that's what studying politics tried to teach me.

Feeling a bit better now after writing that out and filling out some application forms funnily enough, though I think it's more the watching a few episodes of anime that helped. Ahh, escapism, how I love thee.

Interesting. I'm now of the opinion that if you do what you want, provided it isn't harmful to others, the world would be fine. Compromise is only necessary when someone else is meddling (which in today's ****** world is all the time, unfortunately) and IMO it's the people who try to make others do what *they* think they should be doing which ruins it for everybody. Or it could be that I'm okay with the world going to hell, as perhaps their hell is my heaven and vice versa.

ayase said:
Interesting. I'm now of the opinion that if you do what you want, provided it isn't harmful to others, the world would be fine. Compromise is only necessary when someone else is meddling (which in today's ****** world is all the time, unfortunately) and IMO it's the people who try to make others do what *they* think they should be doing which ruins it for everybody. Or it could be that I'm okay with the world going to hell, as perhaps their hell is my heaven and vice versa.

That's the key as what a lot of people would really like to do would undoubtedly affect and ultimately harm others. Also, the definition of harming others can be vague at best; are we talking just physical? How do we measure mental, emotional damage? Even just hurting someone's feelings?

20thCenturyBoy said:
That's the key as what a lot of people would really like to do would undoubtedly affect and ultimately harm others.
I'd kinda hope not, but that is a feeling I get from quite a few people. I don't get this desire to force others to bend to your will, but I do think the people who have those desires are a minority who unfortunately end up in positions of unreasonable power.

20thCenturyBoy said:
Also, the definition of harming others can be vague at best; are we talking just physical? How do we measure mental, emotional damage? Even just hurting someone's feelings?
I think we just stop interacting with each other on a basis which isn't subject to consent by both parties. That way people who aren't easily offended can get on fine with others of a similar persuasion, but if people are easily hurt / offended then they just stop interacting with the people who hurt or offend them (rather than demanding that they behave differently). Obviously if people continue to interact with someone who has made it clear they don't want to do so, that would count as interfering / harming.

Yep, I'm with ayase on this one. I think he has it pretty much right.

But you have to make whatever decision you feel is best for you of course, 20th century. Don't worry about being stuck in a momentary rut though, we all go through them, just don't let it keep you down for too long and cause you to lose sight of what you really want. We can't get a refund on spent time, so try not to waste too much of the little time we have on stuff that ultimately makes you miserable.

20thCenturyBoy said:
Been feeling up and down all week, today ended up on the lower end of the scale. Just feel I have absolutely nothing in my life right now, personally or career wise. I'm stuck in a nothing job with ever dwindling hours, get rejected for everything I apply for and I'm still waiting for my dream career to take off. I've sunk 3 years into doing this since leaving Uni and feel I've got nothing to show for it but a bunch of unread piles of paper that will remain unread. I feel like giving up and settling into some ****** little job I hate and suffer in silence until I grow old and die alone. I don't think it helps that my big sister is moving away to a brilliant new job, I just feel I'm constantly in her shadow achievement wise and forever will be.
Mind if I ask what your dream career is?
I've known very few people who were never stuck in a situation they didn't like, but as long as you keep on working to change that, you should be fine. Some careers would take a lot more effort and work from you though, but in the end seeing a dream being realised makes all the suffering worth it.

Voddas said:
I did see the pic and it was indeed awesome... and also makes me kind of jealous. I want a Voltron costume!!!
Heheh =)

ayase said:
It's your limited time on this Earth, why would you spend it doing things you don't enjoy (unless those things are stepping stones to a future you desire)? Even if you feel you can't have your ideal life, I think it's important to try and find a way of living you can enjoy or at least be content with.
Love this:

20thCenturyBoy said:
I've always been one for not doing what I don't enjoy, but I feel it's kind of an eventuality that I need to accept some sort of compromise in that sense. If we all jsut did what we wanted the world would go to hell, at least that's what studying politics tried to teach me.

Feeling a bit better now after writing that out and filling out some application forms funnily enough, though I think it's more the watching a few episodes of anime that helped. Ahh, escapism, how I love thee.
The video above is relevant to you too.

ayase said:
Hell is other people.

20thCenturyBoy said:
Ninja Scroll at the GFT tonight after work, can't wait :D
Hey there, I'll be at the K-On and K-On director talk. Care to join me afterwards for a pint or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
ayase said:
The articulate f*cker. I love that man.

So I guess what you're saying is I should be writing chaos? Hint taken. ;P
Indeed, he is. Well, I didn't have that in mind when I posted it, but it would be a welcome outcome =)

chaos said:

Comic book writer, much like the man in that video, though I've personally never really gotten into his stuff. I've got a couple of contracts in the offing, but until I've got something out there in print with my name on it, something I can walk into a shop and see on a shelf and be proud of then I can't consider anything else a success.

3 straight years of writing everyday when I'm not at work has begun to take its toll a bit and I've just been feeling like I'm running on empty now. I'm taking a break for at least this week and hopefully it will do some good.

20thCenturyBoy said:
Ninja Scroll at the GFT tonight after work, can't wait :D
Hey there, I'll be at the K-On and K-On director talk. Care to join me afterwards for a pint or something?[/quote]

:thumb:

Morning all,

Having found Radio LaB (Luton and Bedfordshire) presented by bedfordshire uni (based in luton) they have a golden morning of 60's, 70's and some 80's from 8am till 10am.

This morning, AC/DC the soundtrack played in ironman 2 (or possibly expendables) followed by sweet home alabama.
Yesterday was Guns and roses - sweet child of mine followed by lynryd skynyrd - free bird (great song, my dad first introduced me to this song a few years back and since then i tend to hear it all over the place atleast once a week lol)

I don't get to listen to much more than the news and 2 maybe 3 songs on the commute to work but they play the songs that really get a smile on your face, singing along with em and really just kicking your day off well.

Overworked myself on the arms lastnight in the gym - i've been trying a different set in the gym lately and these are affecting muscle groups i'd formerly left to their own devices... this new set includes machines like the fly (handles each side of you, they tend to have rotating handles and the handles can be adjusted to be further behind you but still at your sides, your meant to pull the handles together till they can touch each other, like a clap) and the overarm crunch (think of a lever behind your head when sat down - you pull it over your head and infront of you) both machines make use of bicep and tricep but also the wings in the under arm and abs... now although the abs are used to this, the wings aren't lol.

End result, my post workout stretches (which include doing 8 press ups and push ups) i tried to do one press up lastnight and blankly collapsed beneath myself, my arms failed me and even this morning i'm not exactly aching or seized up mut the peck area to armpit is feeling alittle strained and the wings are mostly fine today.

Will be worth it though :D i have already felt a sizeable difference in my strength and the beer belly that tried to set up camp is back to flat. Others have noticed my muscle mass has bulked up and generally more colour in my face (thats either the vitamins in the protein shakes or more active gym life lol) I'm not bulking up much more than this though, otherwise i'll have to work to keep myself at that level.

Nobody wants to be a muscle bound no neck lol

20thCenturyBoy said:
chaos said:

Comic book writer, much like the man in that video, though I've personally never really gotten into his stuff. I've got a couple of contracts in the offing, but until I've got something out there in print with my name on it, something I can walk into a shop and see on a shelf and be proud of then I can't consider anything else a success.

3 straight years of writing everyday when I'm not at work has begun to take its toll a bit and I've just been feeling like I'm running on empty now. I'm taking a break for at least this week and hopefully it will do some good.
I see. I've seen a book recently by Sweatdrop where their artists drawn from stories of a particular writer:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Talking-to-Stra ... xplnetw-21

Maybe you could try and contact them?

Tachi said:
Morning all,

Having found Radio LaB (Luton and Bedfordshire) presented by bedfordshire uni (based in luton) they have a golden morning of 60's, 70's and some 80's from 8am till 10am.

This morning, AC/DC the soundtrack played in ironman 2 (or possibly expendables) followed by sweet home alabama.
Yesterday was Guns and roses - sweet child of mine followed by lynryd skynyrd - free bird (great song, my dad first introduced me to this song a few years back and since then i tend to hear it all over the place atleast once a week lol)
Morning - quality music there....

The tittle tattle at work has resulted in people being pulled into the office and given a bollocking about working patterns, being on the internet and generally moaning about small things.

This has led me to sit here boiling with rage, i've decided to tackle this diplomatically and request who has been saying things about me, they'd naturally say no but being the clever sod i am i've brought in articles form the U.N's Human rights, one of which includes being slandered or making comments that may lead to dishonouring a person or questioning their reputation.

I'll find out one way or another, but either way i bend over backwards for this department and if the team leaders are ballsy enough to pull me up on going on the internet during my f***ing lunch break then fine, i'll show reports to the service line leads to prove that the team leaders aren't managing (80% target and they've been giving out 46% consistently for the past few weeks?)

Dumb ****ers.

My friend just told me that she had a bunch of Japanese tourists come into her work today and they acted just like anime characters, even fawning over cute things for 10 minutes and the school uniforms (why wear uniforms when you're I'm England?). 3D printer technology is getting weirder I guess...

Back