The General Conversation Area

Good luck Kite and good luck for next time Arbalest!

There's not enough coffee for today. Swear to god. Craaaashing :(

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

I have fun size bags of magic stars and malteasers just in case any trick of treaters come my way and I'm popping to a fun fair with fireworks at a park across the road from me too. Will be covered in scallies so I'm gona need patience haha.

-Danielle- said:
I have never quite comprehended how sizes thus labelled are especially associated with fun. It is as if product researchers, after soliciting the feedback of consumer groups, made a decision in the following manner:

"So that's it, Simpkins. If we include twelve Magic Stars per unit, our voracious young gluttons will be powerless to resist them by the bagload!"
"But Mister Mars, sir, studies have indicated that a child's merriment reaches its optimal value upon the consumption of only eleven Magic Stars. To include twelve would actually impede their customer satisfaction!"
"Very well, Simpkins. For your efforts I shall award you two Celebration-sized Galaxy Caramel bars."
"But Mr Mars, sir, I prefer ordinary Galaxy bars."
"Don't make me change my mind Simpkins! We spent millions on that caramel chambering technology."

On Tuesday, I saw Wolf Children at the Arts Picture House with a very good friend of mine - one I've actually been in love with for months now (which she knows about). I ended up spending the whole day with her and it was truly, a wonderful day - and actually the first time I'd went to the cinema alone with a girl.
Flash forward to today. Her best friend informs me that at a Halloween party, she's hooked up with a guy, then I see said girl post on her tumblr wanting tips on flirting with guys.

Needless to say, I feel like this:
tumblr_mvcttla2Zi1qa1njao1_500.gif

Josh, I don't usually do this, but I'mma just lay it out for you right now. Any girl that goes on tumblr and asks for tips on how to flirt with guys, is not a girl that is worthy of your adoration. That's a big red X sign, it's a no go

vashdaman said:
Any girl that goes on tumblr is not a girl that is worthy of your adoration. That's a big red X sign, it's a no go
Ftfy. Grey DeLisle is the one exception.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a few stores in Sheffield over the past few days. The first store had tons of games (playtime I think it's called. It sells mainly pre-owned, not CEX) but also had some Dreamcast games including Sword of the Berserk: Gut's Rage (aka Berserk Millennium Falcon Arc: Chapter of the Lost Flowers) ~ epic fan reaction there which might have shocked my mates around me ~ and also has four .hack games on the PS2 together. The other store I found 'Sheffield Space Centre' had tons of manga and anime DVDs available including 10 parts of Eureka Seven. There's also Forbidden Planet but it's not as much that Space Center had.

NormanicGrav said:
I found a few stores in Sheffield over the past few days. The first store had tons of games (playtime I think it's called. It sells mainly pre-owned, not CEX) but also had some Dreamcast games including Sword of the Berserk: Gut's Rage (aka Berserk Millennium Falcon Arc: Chapter of the Lost Flowers) ~ epic fan reaction there which might have shocked my mates around me ~ and also has four .hack games on the PS2 together. The other store I found 'Sheffield Space Centre' had tons of manga and anime DVDs available including 10 parts of Eureka Seven. There's also Forbidden Planet but it's not as much that Space Center had.

Sounds like you have found a couple gems.

Kite said:
Sounds like you have found a couple gems.

Ha yeah, except I've already spent my spare cash on various anime sets [i.e the Madoka Volumes for £59 each via UP1USA] so technically I can't get any more for a while (the next batch of cash from Finance in January for instance). But it's nice to see shops where I can visit when the internet won't have it (the problem is that the shops are not as cheap as Amazon/UP1/Book Depository when it comes to Blu-ray [i.e Kids on the Slope BD is £42.99 in HMV when Amazon UK has it for £22.12] and Manga).

ayase said:
vashdaman said:
Any girl that goes on tumblr is not a girl that is worthy of your adoration. That's a big red X sign, it's a no go
Ftfy.

Your totally right! By that point the part about asking for flirting advice is totally superfluous. Gadget-hos be a no no. Men can be Gadget-hos too by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sat here, eating Angel Delight, getting teary about a song from the K-ON! Movie.
What the hell? I need to punch like, 50 bears to make up for this. (To be fair, it is Tenshi ni Fureta).

But...they all remained friends after college right? They didn't just grow apart like people do in real life right? Right?!

Who knows.

I found an interesting shop in Southampton marlands shopping area yesterday, a figure shop. Didn't buy anything or stay long as I had a train to catch

Joshawott said:
I'm sat here, eating Angel Delight, getting teary about a song from the K-ON! Movie.
I would be quite lachrymose as well in such circumstances. The difference in price between Tesco Everyday Value instant dessert and official Angel Delight is not insubstantial, and milk grows ever dearer.

Josh that girl sounds like a tramp. Try and get your brain to educate your heart into falling out of love with her. The fact she knows you love her is probably a main reason as to why she has you around, she loves the power. All girls have been there and done that, I was such a cow once back in my teens.
I stopped playing games a while back now because even though i'm good at playing them and can indeed win, it never does you nor the intended any good. I became a game player as I was an unwilling participate in a fair few in my past and I learnt not to get hurt again. You need to not hurt again and that's by flinging her out. She's not interested in your but loves that you are in her. Girls love attention.

I really hope what I've said doesn't hurt you but I've seen and dealt with people like this and she won't change for a very long time until someone treats her how she treats you and most likely other people and it BREAKS her, BREAKS her good till shes in pieces, even then, DO NOT PICK UP HER PIECES. Let her work for you as she no doubt will. Until then, it's not going to be a happy time for you. You deserve much better.

-Danielle- said:
Josh that girl sounds like a tramp. Try and get your brain to educate your heart into falling out of love with her. The fact she knows you love her is probably a main reason as to why she has you around, she loves the power. All girls have been there and done that, I was such a cow once back in my teens.
I stopped playing games a while back now because even though i'm good at playing them and can indeed win, it never does you nor the intended any good. I became a game player as I was an unwilling participate in a fair few in my past and I learnt not to get hurt again. You need to not hurt again and that's by flinging her out. She's not interested in your but loves that you are in her. Girls love attention.

I really hope what I've said doesn't hurt you but I've seen and dealt with people like this and she won't change for a very long time until someone treats her how she treats you and most likely other people and it BREAKS her, BREAKS her good till shes in pieces, even then, DO NOT PICK UP HER PIECES. Let her work for you as she no doubt will. Until then, it's not going to be a happy time for you. You deserve much better.
I'm not sure if she is a so much of a tramp, as she's never really expressed an interest in any one in that way. I do think going on Tumblr to ask about flirting advice isn't the wisest decision though (they'll probably say "Go gay because straight people are scum" or some **** like that xD).

Either way, I realised that the fact that she was willing to try and flirt with someone else, clearly shows I'm not on her radar. So not going to waste my time any more.

By pure serendipity, I discovered that an excellent vantage point for observing a local Council firework display was from the Tesco car park. My passage therethrough happened to coincide with the exhibition.

Back