The General Conversation Area

What did you think of Harry Potter? I was a bit disappointed with the amount of stuff that got missed out, but overall I quite enjoyed it :)

So are you off to Egypt tomorrow then?

Scan was good thanks :)

Tachi- said:
morning Panda.

wow a whole day without a post from anyone lol.

i can't help i'm afraid :/
i have today to sit around the office and do prety much very little (did the hard graft at the start of the week so i could sit around today ^_^ ) and also gives me chance to investigate which b**tard drank my milkshake yesterday!

i had a whole bottle of strawberry, drank a tiny bit of it and put it in the fridge (now we are back in HQ we've been put on the same floor as another dept and they've decided that as our fridge is bigger, they'll use it) now to make things clear i put my initials on the cap of the bottles. put em in and came back to em hours later and there was less than a quarter left! and i know none of my colleagues will have drank it because they'd atleast ask. so its got to be the other dept.

i'll do the same thing today but with the banana flavoured milkshake, if it does down then i'll go round there and demand money. and extra for beeing a greedy little b***ard who steals other peoples milkshake!

what has the world come to? :/

your milkshake brought all the girls to the yard?

Ryo Chan said:
your milkshake brought all the girls to the yard?

Damn right, an there full of lard!

I didn't think it was the best thing in the world....i mean they had alot of romance in it and the whole story about malfoy and the wardrobe thing went of far too long.

i was abit annoyed that they didn't even keep to the book towards the end i mean, the whole thing with albus DIDN'T HAPPEN IN THE WATCHTOWER it was meant to happen on the grounds and harry was meant to be stupified, greyback was meant to be in werewolf form but could control it and there should have been the thing about lupin and greybacks past. i think they wasted alot of time with things such as the london scene, should have used that time explaining things properly

:(

apart from that it was alright to watch.

And yeah, flying out tomorrow morning...not excited at all. mainly because i don't really feel any different until i'm on the plane and its about to take off. at which point i turn on the psp and put in the headfones in the armrest, turn up the rock music and go on a killing spree on the psp :p

Last edited by a moderator:
panda z said:
Morning everyone :) (if anyone's around today...)
Any of the higurashi fans been watching umineko yet? Is it any good?

Umineko is very good ;) just finished ep 4. If things keep up this may prove to be better, but as always i hold final judgement till its all over

Cool thanks :)
I'm really looking forward to starting Umineko now - after the disappointment that has been Haruhi season 2, it will be nice to have at least one series to be enthusiastic about!

panda z said:
Cool thanks :)
I'm really looking forward to starting Umineko now - after the disappointment that has been Haruhi season 2, it will be nice to have at least one series to be enthusiastic about!

Don't say that... I loved Haruhi and about to start S2 soon...

:(

^ At least you weren't watching it as it aired, and now know you can skip eight episodes in the middle. :p

Morning guys. I'm almost through Fullmetal Alchemist after a couple of evenings of serious marathoning. Hope you [are] enjoy[ing] your holiday Tach!

ayase said:
^ At least you weren't watching it as it aired, and now know you can skip eight episodes in the middle. :p

Morning guys. I'm almost through Fullmetal Alchemist after a couple of evenings of serious marathoning. Hope you [are] enjoy[ing] your holiday Tach!

Full Metal Alchemist or are you on about Brotherhood? I'm trying to keep up to speed with anime. I'm catching up on Valkyria Chronicles atm.

(DBK Rules)

@Spyro - Nah, the original. I don't know if I'll bother with Brotherhood or not... I've a lot to watch before I start devoting any time to remakes. Abenobashi comes next, then probably Texhnolyze.

@Ayase: Ooooh I have Texhnolyze Volume 1+2. I bought 'em off of Manga Girls really cheap lol.

I think it's time I make myself some breakfast, and start doing something before my moron of a friend turns up.

I can't stand the guy at the moment. I was out with my girlfriend in a coffee shop, and a friend he'd only knew for a week came in and shouted "I'VE HEARD STORIES ABOUT YOU MASTERBATING IN A SLEEPING BAG". This was supposed to be a romantic time out for me and my girlfriend. Thankfully it was only the shop owned, my girlfriend and I there, however, I know the shop owned quite well.

I nearly got up and headbutt the girl who shouted it, needless to say. (Why am I angry at the friend who's coming over? Because he told her this ******** because, in his own words, "I never thought she'd meet you so I thought it was harmless".)

Suggestions on what to do anyone? :lol:

::shrugs::

It's the kinda things people that age (and sometimes older ¬_¬ ) tend to do, trying to embarrass one another. Just grin and bear it and then return the favour sometime. ;)

Morning everyone :)

@Spyro - I really enjoyed Haruhi season 1 as well, but so far series 2 has been a massive disappointment - as Ayase said, you can skip out the last 4 or 5 episodes that have been aired.
How are you getting on with Valkyria Chronicles? I'm up to episode 14 and have found it a bit slow so far, but I'm hopefull that something exciting is going to happen soon :)

@Ayase - FMA (the original series) is better than brotherhood in many ways - for instance there is more depth and emotion to the story in the original series than in brotherhood - but the storylines take fairly different paths at quite an early stage, so its well worth giving brotherhood a try, when you get the time :)

Hey Panda.

Playing the Valkyria Chronicles game on and off ATM, I'll finish that before I start on the series but given the speed I'm going I get the feeling that'll be a while...

I am loving FMA. I had a feeling I wouldn't be such a big fan what with it being so hyped and having a fair bit of semi-magical action (which made me think of things aimed at younger viewers) but it's brilliant. I've only got one disc to go, I'm really looking forward to seeing how it's all going to end.

Don't forget there's also the FMA movie Conquer of Shamballa, which finishes off the series nicely :)

Can you tell me if anything very exciting has happened in the Valkyria Chronicles game so far? Does the anime follow the storyline of the game do you know?

panda z said:
@Spyro - I really enjoyed Haruhi season 1 as well, but so far series 2 has been a massive disappointment - as Ayase said, you can skip out the last 4 or 5 episodes that have been aired.
How are you getting on with Valkyria Chronicles? I'm up to episode 14 and have found it a bit slow so far, but I'm hopefull that something exciting is going to happen soon :)

Well since I am catching up with Valkyria Chronices im only at about episode 10, but i'm enjoying it, I guess. It's not an amazing show- nor is it terrible. I'm pretty bored with these mediocre anime shows at the moment. 07 Ghost is offering alot, as is Dragonball Kai, but bar that everythings a bit slow. Bleach is on filler (The first filler was awesome but, the 2nd and 3rd weren't), however a new (filler) arc starts next week which I look forward to.

As Ayase said, the fact FMA:B is a remake does take the shine away from it. It feels more like eye-candy to me. I'm after something to thrill me like Bleach and Prince of Tennis once did. Something fairly long, but awesome. (Or alternatively, a nice little 13 episode OVA or something.)

Maybe I dont know what I really want? :lol:

Don't forget there's also the FMA movie Conquer of Shamballa, which finishes off the series nicely

Can you tell me if anything very exciting has happened in the Valkyria Chronicles game so far? Does the anime follow the storyline of the game do you know?

I've still not seen that movie :lol:

And yes, the anime has followed the game pretty closely so far. A few differences, which is nice, but pretty closely :) (I've played the game, or, got about 2/3 through it.)

Hi there Mono, how's things?

@Spyro - Like I said I'm hopeful that Valkyria Chronicles is going to get a bit better soon - the game seemed quite popular, and i'm hoping that part of that popularity was based around the storyline...
I'm getting pretty bored of Bleach too - I'm watching the dubs as they are broadcast in America and we are just beginning series 7, but I feel like the quality of the story has really gone downhill since the Bount arc. But again, I'm still hopeful :) I've heard good things about the Arrancar arcs, so maybe it will pick up again soon.

Back