The General Conversation Area

ayase said:
Morning.

Y'know what I hate? When I leave the computer on to download something overnight only to find in the morning that Windows has downloaded updates and restarted during the night (almost always about ten minutes after I leave it, seemingly) leaving the computer sat using electricity on the 'log on' screen. And no download. :evil:
It's true, you can diable them however I'm the same as you as in I wouldn't think of doing that. Happened to me several times in the past. ¬_¬

Morning all. :p

Morning all. The staff are back in here...meaning the kids will be back soon....that sense of dread is returning.

As for the army camp stuff it sounds cool, I used to be in a cadet force myself....did adventurous training (after a week in the wilds of wales you become VERY glad of things like: taps, toilets, beds etc. Never did go to an actual camp, though.....too much effort.

I too was a Corperal in the T.A. once upon a time. Used to love shouting at people and getting to use guns (boys n toys). I was a Class A Rifleman, meaning I was in the highest band. Any higher and your looking at sniper material. Heh. Anyway, they were propper pissed when I left. Probab;y because I told them the reason was because I was bored. Did the same thing every day. March, excercise, shout, march, shout, excercise, march etc.
Wasn't for me. ;)

My Windows 7 does that. As a matter of fact, I only had the problem with Xp and vista. Now my computer restarts and continues whatever it was doing. ^^

Cheers chaos, I did know I could do it but it just keeps slipping my mind...

You got some sort of problem with marching UP and DOWN the SQUARE Voddas!? ;)

Hearing about my Grandad's experiences put me off anything army related. Being in the TA at the start of the Second World War, being called up and then spending the entire war in in a German POW camp didn't sound like fun, especially since he was only in his late teens at the time.

ayase said:
You got some sort of problem with marching UP and DOWN the SQUARE Voddas!? ;)
:lol:
Monty Python. Love it :thumb:

If that had happened to my grandad I think my take would be different also. My Grandad was on the dodgy side of things and spent the war smuggling lighters into the country. I know LIGHTERS? Aparently they were very expensive back then so he imported them and sold them on the cheap. =P

Morning all, thought i would pop on here to show that i'm still alive :)

With regards to Spyro's college thing, he over did it with the getup :p everyone else was apparently in jeans and casual things.

anyway how are we all ?

Good thanks Black. Been a pretty tiring week, but the weather ain't so good today. Very wet walk to work. Bad for business, good for giving me a bit of a rest.

WRT Spyro, how did I know that would happen? :p

@Voddas new home is coming along fine, i'm spending the first night in there tonight, so if i'm on sporadically you'll know why. I do have some pictures though ;) (of the house i mean)

@Ayase, my shoes now squeak because of the rain up here :p And by the mere mention of it, its now raining here again...

about spyro, i had a feeling that it was going to be the case where no one else took it seriously so didn't pack like they were actually doing the serious basic training.

In Brazil army is mandatory, except if they rule you as inept for it.
To be considered inept usually means they don't need more people though, there are things that helps to get you in the army though. Tatoos, long hair, piercings and a jerk selecting who can be dismissed and who can't.

Usually the guy selecting picks up long haired / piercing people if he had long hair and pircing, as they are forbidden in the army, therefore they have to cut / remove the piercings.

Also, most of the people I knew were stationed in the jungle or in the border.

BlackWolf said:
I do have some pictures though ;) (of the house i mean)
Where?

Voddas said:
Things are alot different in Brazil I see. O_O

I bet they wouldn't have let me leave because I was bored. :p
You are forced to stay at least one year, then you can request permission to leave. It's usually granted after the first mandatory year.

Even people who are dismissed are listed and can be summoned in case of a war.

BlackWolf said:
Chaos read the post above yours :p I see my Death Note hating upset Aion in the General Anime discussion
ok, I see it now. And yeah, one person hating it is enough to say everyone in the forum hates it :p

It happened before and I'm sure it will happen again, so nothing we can do about it.

Back