The General Conversation Area

Willo, Spyro (or Godot), Xel, me...

And some classic Metal as well, going to see Kiss next week - and got tickets for Dir En Grey as well.

I like a lot of different stuff as well though, even regular pop, blues, jazz and classical

I like all music, and I'm not just saying that - but because I'm too lazy I listen to pop. It's much easier to flick to the music channels than it is to hunt down some Swedish melodic death metal. You get me, G?

Afternoon people.

chaos said:
@Tachi - wild rice? I don't believe I've ever tried that... Any good? How does it compare to regular long grain rice opr basmati?

Distinct taste about it, but not too different from normal white rice.
I made a CHilli con carne lastnight, I love cooking but i made too much and so had to abandon half of it. For tonight i'm making lasagne, i've got a busy weekend ahead of me, have to go to town in the morning and buy 2 large chinese mealbags from Tesco and a game of Twister from Argos.

With that in mind, there's not much to wonder just what tomorrow night will entail, also a friend is coming back from wales for it, so in total 8 people will be in my house lol should be a good one :p

timmy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Rq3JC0gTQ

sylosis its a really good band I find and kiss are good dir en grey are kick ass

saw black sabbath a few years back with ozzy

I saw Sylosis back in November/December. They were opening act to Dragonforce. (Sabaton were main support).

Back in work today, almost didn't make it though, woke up at 7.30 but didn't want to get out of bed, realised at 8.30 that i'd better get up if i was going into work.

Feeling better, the alcoholic Saturday was brilliant, Got up and bought pizza's, vodka and nibbles from Tesco, and Twister from Argos and then got home and continued cleaning the house until all rooms where spotless. Kayls (gf), Sam (best mate), Elise (sams gf), Jenni (ex, and one of my close friends) & Matt (her fiance, top bloke), Leo (one of my best mates who came back from aberystwyth just for the "party") and Toby (Tutor at college and good mate). All round my house, watching alien 3 and talking, joking, drinking the load of alcohol that turned up (yes i made them bring their own, but i went round drinking it too) lol the Fridge was choca full of cans of carlsberg, carlings and fosters, 3 crates of cans. 4 large bottles of WKD, 8 bottles of multi flavoured vodka, a crate of Bud and a KEG of Heineken. Southern Comfort and Lemonade was there too :p

At 4 in the morning we where playing drunken twister, nobody broke anything, nobody threw up (at my house, leo threw up when he got home) and then about 5am everyone headed off home, me and kayls went to bed and didn't bother getting up till 3pm.

Leo and sam came round again around 8pm and we drank more, played rockband 2, NHL arcade, super rocket powered battle cars and Modern Warfare 2 till 1am, when i thought "better kick em out before it turns into an all nighter"

Glad you had a good weekend. I've seen the pics for drunk twister =)

My saturday was uneventful. Just chilled out a bit, as I put things up for sales, some ads in gumtree and here. Whatever I can't sell here, I might try to put on ebay. If I fail to sell this, them just give them to some charity or the likes.

Oh, and we had BBQ on Sunday. If only the weather were better =P

Friend of ours brought some 20 yo cachaça and we also had some polish vodka, loads of beer and wine. My whole body is in pain now, but I still had to come to work =S

lol sounds like a good weekend, I've noticed the sales thread and replied to you.

Still feeling the alcohols bad effects? Unlucky mate, get yourself down to subway and eat a footlong on italian herbs and cheese bread, you'll be right as rain in no time lol. I don't get hang overs anymore, just wake up feeling really hungry.

I have my Exam tonight, hopefully i'll pass it... i've got 2 shots at it even if i fail :p

Btw Chaos, the PDF ticket barcode you can buy for the expo (early entry) who do i give it to? it said the guys at the front of the ExCel centre, are they at the entrance of the building, or the entrance of the hall?

Tachi- said:
Still feeling the alcohols bad effects? Unlucky mate, get yourself down to subway and eat a footlong on italian herbs and cheese bread, you'll be right as rain in no time lol. I don't get hang overs anymore, just wake up feeling really hungry.
Not hang over, I was playing with my friends kids and one of them wants to be a rugby player and kept on tackling me whenever I sit down / lay down on a bean bag. Then, the four kids decided they want to use me as a trampouline... When you get to my age you know your limits. I wouldn't drink too much as I knew I had work the next day, unless I really needed it of course ;)

Tachi- said:
I have my Exam tonight, hopefully i'll pass it... i've got 2 shots at it even if i fail :p
Good luck. Hopefully you won't need to try it a second time.

Tachi- said:
Btw Chaos, the PDF ticket barcode you can buy for the expo (early entry) who do i give it to? it said the guys at the front of the ExCel centre, are they at the entrance of the building, or the entrance of the hall?
Usually at the entrance of the hall. It's a good thing if you print that and do not fold it on the Bar code part.

Afternoon boyo's! Sounds like you both had good hearty weekends. :D

My weekend was similar in the fact it went well. Was at my Best mates place Friday night, planning our show for Radio on Saturday. Had a few drinks but chilled otherwise.

Saturday I was at the "Keswick to Barrow Walk" all day doing coverage at the finish line. The record speed for the walk was smashed three times over this year. Two guys managed to run 40 MILES in 3hrs and 47mins?!!! That means they had an average speed of 11mph?! That is just mind boggling.

Anyway, also Watched the Barrow match on TV live at Wembley aswell!! OMG! We one the cup 2-1 in extra time! We were all expecting our asses to get handed to us too. Awesome match of footy!

After the Radio, I met up with my Cousins from The Isle of Man and had a few drinks, and a few more drinks. Then finally after a few more drinks me and Sarah went to my sisters where we had... yes, more drink. Eventually we went home at around 4am. Sunday wasn't very active as you can imagine.

Chilled ALLLL DAAAAY! ^______^

...work is bussier than I'd have liked. ¬_¬

Voddas said:
Two guys managed to run 40 MILES in 3hrs and 47mins?!!! That means they had an average speed of 11mph?! That is just mind boggling.
.... WOW
I can't run 40 miles in 4 hours, dammit, I can't even run 40 miles all together. Longest I did so far was half a marathon which is about 13.1 miles and that almost killed me...
I was targetting a full marathon this year, but my injury said otherwise =S

Back