The General Conversation Area

mangaman74 said:
Morning all. Did everyone have a good weekend?

Yeah, had a good workout at the gym, drank my fill of alcohol and relaxed...can't complain really.

chaos said:
Tachi- said:
I've learnt that its easier to threaten and play on peoples minds than it is to beat them senseless.
There is a sense of mission complete though :p

Ahh, your not wrong.... But neither am i, its easier to threaten them because that requires no physical effort. However beating them to a senseless pulp does enforce your point, so i guess its personal preference.
Get arrested for physical ABH or threaten them and get off scott free.

lmao the gf wants to go to the lake district rather than brighton.....travellodge kicked out the following travelllodge:

Barrow in Furness
26.2 miles away from lake district
from £35.00
per room per night

If i wanted to go see Voddas, i could go for it lol.

chaos said:
I need to visit the Lake district one of these days.
I warn you, there are many hills, aeroplanes and bodies of water. In addition, I advise you not to visit if you suffer from travel sickness.

Zin5ki said:
chaos said:
I warn you, there are many hills, aeroplanes and bodies of water. In addition, I advise you not to visit if you suffer from travel sickness.
Traveller extraordinaire here, zin ;)

Hills and bodies of water were expected, but not aeroplanes. Not something that would restrain me from visiting the Lake district.

I've visited the Duxford airshow once and they had quite a few aeroplanes there. One can reasonably intimate with them over there.

chaos said:
Zin5ki said:
chaos said:
Traveller extraordinaire here, zin ;)

Hills and bodies of water were expected, but not aeroplanes. Not something that would restrain me from visiting the Lake district.

I've visited the Duxford airshow once and they had quite a few aeroplanes there. One can reasonably intimate with them over there.

tbf, jets don't appear too oftern over the lake district, and even if they do, they're only there for 30mins or so

chaos said:
That's a shame. Watching the Red Arrows was very cool.

these are proper military training exersises too so they're not just showing off, they're pushing their skill to the limits too

it's beautiful watching eurofighter over windermere

I go to the lake district quite a bit for hiking. You do see a lot of military planes sometimes. They practice precision flying through the valleys too so if you are a mountain climber get to some of the tops while you are there and you will find yourself higher than the planes and able to look into the cockpits. Though with the speed they travel you don't have much time to do so.

Asdrubael said:
They practice precision flying through the valleys too
"This is Charlie One to Charlie Two. We've been ordered not to collide with the hills. Over."

"Roger Charlie One. I'll avoid them. Over and out."

Zin5ki said:
Asdrubael said:
They practice precision flying through the valleys too
"This is Charlie One to Charlie Two. We've been ordered not to collide with the hills. Over."

"Roger Charlie One. I'll avoid them. Over and out."

trust me, when ur traveling at the speed of sound, it's harder than u think

Morning,

I've somehow managed to injure my left lower/outside of my left foot. I had trouble with it yesterday but it seems today its still here but a really horrible ache is here too. And my left thumb could be fractured or broken, all i know is: it was black lastnight, its red with a black centre today. :thumb:

chaos said:
pain eze FTW, Tachi!

I'm not really one to bother with pain relief, In a strange way I'd prefer to know what hurts and whats fine, that way I can't accidentally bang an injury and ignore it because I felt no pain, but in actuality could make it worse.

Anyway, paracetamol has no affect on me anyway, i worked that one out years ago.

Radio 2 is on our radio, which is better than the usual "Heart" radio that we have on. Terry Wogan + they play decent music (including rock) im happy.

This mindset can be good or bad, Tachi.
Certain pains can make you "shield" the pain by walking / seating / lying ackwardly and therefore injuring something else.

Tachi- said:
True, but if its shielding other pain, its not much different to bloking off the pain via tablets.
The idea is that when you're in pain, you could move as you shouldn't because of the pain. Taking a tablets can be better in such situations.

Back