The General Conversation Area

Being part scottish means you can't, sir Tach ;p If you lived in scotland and where more than part scottish, perhaps.

School started up today i believe for kids, so there is more peace for us. But uni and college students don't start till the end of august at the latest, my case being the 13th of september.

:p I think my grandad will have something to say about that. considering his family have lived up there most of his life lol. So by blood i'm part and parcel :thumb:

I've been offered haggis before...i'm old enough and wise enough to say no thanks. It looks horrible.

Haggis is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours. Most modern commercial haggis is prepared in a casing rather than an actual stomach.

Haggis is a kind of sausage, or savoury pudding cooked in a casing of sheep's intestine, as sausages are. As the 2001 English edition of the Larousse Gastronomique puts it, "Although its description is not immediately appealing, haggis has an excellent nutty texture and delicious savoury flavour".

Don't mind me...i'll just be throwing up ina corner. that sounds bloody horrible.
i don't understand people eating rump steak - its cows backside...forget it, give me sirlion.
Steak and kidney pies - WHY? the kidney is a filter system.....why would i ever eat that? it's the same as eating a tea strainer really...it does the same job.

Normal meat for me - gammon, sirloin steaks, lamb chops

Godot said:
Tachi- said:
Puff the magic dragon is their anthem.
You crossed the line buddy >.> lol.

At least it aint God Save the Queen...
Our national anthem is pretty rubbish. Land of Hope and Glory has always been much better suited to the job IMO. Absolutely up it's own **** with national superiority, but it's bloody epic because of it.

While we're on the subject of anthems, I challenge anyone to find another regional anthem which revels in the thought of cannibalism by proxy like my native Yorkshire's On Ilkla Moor Baht 'at:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_RtrdqTKBNA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_RtrdqTKBNA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Come to think of it, when last I was on such a moor — which was but a few weeks ago — I did not adorn myself with any items of headwear.

Nonetheless, I cannot speak approvingly of such a song and its now-intentional bastardisation of the English language.

stuart-says-yes said:
Haggis, tachi- style

Haggis is a dish containing Potatoes' pluck' , heart of a potato, a liver of a potato and the lungs of a potato, mashed in a pan of warm milk and butter with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the jacket of a potato for approximately 30 minutes.

Sounds good to me. except the jacket potato bit. thats horrible.

Had a "Indian" lastnight. they served popadoms with dips for a starter, for a main i had chicken tikka masala...which tasted nothing like tikka masala, it tasted like coconut paste. bloody horrible, not enough meat for me either and a nice mushroom dish. kayls enjoyed the beef madras and her meal.

In total it cost me rather alot...for something i didn't enjoy. but i guess thats the stupid things people do in life that shows how much they care lol.

Anyway....me and kayls have to pick weddin music now i guess...

PANDA!!! :D

You've taken your time coming back lol, how's the little one? Oh and yeah me and kayls had a chat over dinner lastnight…nothing much….just decided that were gunna get hitched :lol:.

:p okay. you might be abit late with that one lol. She's suggested songs from dirty dancing..... i hate dirty dancing.

I was thinking.... "sympathy for the devil" or the death march...needless to say i got a elbow in the ribs.

Well congrats! I'm so pleased for you!
Songs from Dirty Dancing are way too cheesy. I wanted orchestral versions of the music from Ocarina of Time played at my wedding but my mum wouldn't let me :(
Little One is fine, she's at nursery now, cos I'm back at work three days a week.
How's things with you? Where are you working now?

I can only spare a minute as I'm covered head to toe in Taxes! Just had to pop in after Tachi text to say we had an old face in.

Afternoon Panda! Hah. Long time no see. Hope your doing well musses. Nothings changed much for us so you haven't missed anything while you've been away.
...well besides Tachi's sexchange... but that's water under the bridge now. ;-)

Afternoon to everyone else too. I shall eventually be able to return to my usual occupation on the threads but for now I have to return to the dredge that is my back log of work. TT_TT

Later all. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
First off then, Welcome Back Panda, good to see another returning face about.

Secondly, i guess we should congratulate ya Tach, hah. I'd have done it on the chat a minute ago, but for some reason me flatmate was able to knock the modem plug out of the wall socket. =/ He is a bit of a fool mind.

Tachi- said:
I was thinking.... "sympathy for the devil" or the death march...needless to say i got a elbow in the ribs.

I'll mosh to that :p

A late hello everyone.

Just finishing work and got my college timetable yesterday, I'm not free on Fridays so i'm going to have a little trouble working round it, sent an e-mail to my tutor to see if she can change it.

On Monday I went to Nottingham to get my Scott Pilgrim comics and poster signed as well as buy some music CD's and get the first volume of Bakuman, t'was a Fun day.

Back to normal now.

memorium said:
Sympathy For The Devil is a tune, who wouldn't want that? :)

:thumb:

panda z said:
Well congrats! I'm so pleased for you!
Songs from Dirty Dancing are way too cheesy. I wanted orchestral versions of the music from Ocarina of Time played at my wedding but my mum wouldn't let me :(
Little One is fine, she's at nursery now, cos I'm back at work three days a week.
How's things with you? Where are you working now?

Should have said "who's wedding is this again?" :p
I'd be picking songs from the 70's, kayls will want songs from cheesy films.

Good to hear :) she's old enough for nursery already? they grow up too quick! where you feeding her miracle grow or something?

Still working at the NHS, going to be moving to Hertfordshires Foundation trust in October. Kayls finds out where she'll be goin to uni tomorrow. I'm hoping its herts, I want to live in hitchin. We've already agreed on getting a flat for the first few years then we'll get a house when both in stable jobs.

Back