the most powerful/epic Words and/or Phrases in anime to you

CloudedMinds said:
My favourite Phrase would be this

"
I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is in my body, and fire is my blood.

I have created over a thousand blades.

Unknown to Death,
Nor known to life.

Have withstood pain to create many weapons.

Yet, those hands will never hold anything.

So as i pray,

Unlimited Blade Works
"
i never heard these before are these from animes? if so its rather i haven't seen them before or they crossed my mind

animefreak17 said:
CloudedMinds said:

"

Unknown to Death,
Nor known to life.

So as i pray,

Unlimited Blade Works
"
i never heard these before are these from animes? if so its rather i haven't seen them before or they crossed my mind

It's from Fate/Stay Night.

Rena Ryuugu said:
animefreak17 said:
CloudedMinds said:

"

Unknown to Death,
Nor known to life.

So as i pray,

Unlimited Blade Works
"

It's from Fate/Stay Night.
thanks a bunch. do you think the majors speech from hellsing ultimate is powerfuly evil its so good

I can't remember it word for word, but there's a line in Samurai 7 where one of the samurai brutally crushes a woman's attempt to express her undying love for him.

It goes something like:

'Even a flower needs water to flourish. And my heart dried up long ago.'

It's hardly profound, but the delivery is so good, it really carries weight. Love the script and the dub for that show!

Lawrence said:
animefreak17 said:
thanks a bunch. do you think the majors speech from hellsing ultimate is powerfuly evil its so good

No, I thought it was powerfully boring, he rambles on for a good several minutes about how he loves the aspects of war but it adds little to the character that isn't already visible in his intial words "I love war..." and his twisted appearance, feels like filler content to me bro.

I also have to wonder what kind of Nazi's they were, I was under the impression Nazi's were for the segregation of Jews not burning Europe to ashes, well that and few people outside the inner circle of the Nazi party had a malicious intent towards Jewish people or believed in Nazi ideals and that was in the '40s when propaganda was rife.I do have to wonder where the Major found 1000+ people who actually full heartedly follow Nazi ideals.

In short, What am I watching?
and gypsys, nazis hated gypsys too
but the 1st time i heard that speech i was like... this guys true evil

I just thought of another one:

I remember in Wolf's Rain, Tsume saying 'I want to talk to the runt for a while' had that awful effect of abruptly producing a GIGANTIC lump in my throat out of nowhere and reducing me to a useless lump of man jelly until the end of that episode.

And, to balance that out, there was the exchange between Neo Roanoke and Mirrue Ramius in Gundam SEED Destiny, where he says to her 'I remember you. I remember you with my arms, with my lips, my - uh...'

I was drinking tea when that happened. And shortly after, I was wiping said tea from my TV screen.

For me:

Crocodile: YOU'RE JUST SOME KID WHO SHOWED UP OUT OF NOWHERE...!! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!!

Luffy: I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE!!! I WILL SURPASS YOU!!!!

I find it hard to believe Luffy actually used the word surpass in that sentence. Something like "beat" seems more appropriate. Good one though.

Its on the Funimation Disc as I recall, so an accurate translation. It make sense for Luffy to say that, as he is aiming to be the pirate king. To achieve that goal he would have surpass everyone who stands in his way

"Surpass" has lot more power to it that just saying "beat". As he will not gain the victory just by luck, a fluke or narrow victory. He will surpass crocodile and earn a no question comprehensive victory.

I understand the definition of surpassing, and it works when describing but its an awfully technical term for dialogue, especially for someone who's not hugely intelligent and is bursting with anger. Bet the dub changed that line.

HULK WILL SURPASS YOU!

In Hulk's defence, maybe he does say that but just with a weird accent (you only have to change the P to an M, after all, and maybe the last S to an H).

His voice samples in MvC3 are pretty good. Except for (mainly because?) he sounds like he says "RAPE YOU" a lot.

Jaymii said:
I understand the definition of surpassing, and it works when describing but its an awfully technical term for dialogue, especially for someone who's not hugely intelligent and is bursting with anger. Bet the dub changed that line.

HULK WILL SURPASS YOU!

The title for that episode on the Funimation Disc was "I Will Surpass You! Rain Falls in Alabasta!". So it unlikely they changed the dialog with the phrase in the episode title like that, I can check if you want. However they did change the dialog to "beat" in the viz translation. But that's was probably just an iffy mistake on Viz's part.

Luffy was not exactly that angry compared to their early exchanges and was in more of determined mood to gain victory than actually angry. While Luffy isn't the most intelligent person he does grasps the situation very well when thing gets tough. I think he would able to grasp and understand the meaning of surpass, when his goal is to do that in the first place.

I find it brilliant line, It would be hard to find a better word to use in it place without losings the power of the moment. I think in this case we have to agree to disagree.

this isn't from a anime but a anime abridged series
hellsing ultimate door rings ( who is it) *OH YOU KNOW* gun shoots for 15 seconds * a real ******* vampire* that was epic

Anything that Pedro says from Excel Saga, especially

"AAAAFFFRROOO NOOOOOOOOO!!!" and "NO! PUDDING NO!"

Also "CHOCO-BANANA!" from Seto no Hanayome

BlackWolf said:
HdE said:
BlackWolf said:
"Program....DRIVE!"
"FUSION APPROVED!"

DEE-VI-UH-DEENG DUH-RIII-VUAAAAAH!

&

afoia said:
One of my favourite quotes -

*uhum*

"Hikari ni Nare!!!!!"

followed by more screaming and flashing lights.

8)

To add to the GaoGaiGarness:

"GOLDION CRUSHAAAA"

*Sun explodes*
Hearing Chouryujin just announce his own name is amazing. You can't get more awesome than having Super Dragon God for a name.

CHOU-RYU-JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

Back