The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I'l happily get Mayo Chiki if it's NTSC, however not if it's PAL.
It's one of those shows like Kids on the Slope and Nisemonogatari which I never watched the last 2/3 episodes of.

Re: Re:

Rosencrantz said:
Also I do think Anime on Line has a somewhat unfair advanatge in being able to list things 1st :D
Not really. They get Manga's stuff up before Amazon too - it's just that Amazon being larger moves slower.

reborn said:
MVM seemed to assume it would receive a dub - it didn't.
Oh, they definitely thought it was getting a dub.

Rosencrantz said:
It seems to me that Sentai DvD = sub, BD = dub, I might be wrong on that ofc but overall that seems to hold out.
It's more BD = definite dub. They have dubbed DVD-only releases so it's not an absolute rule.

Mangaranga said:
They've confirmed on Twitter that it is PAL. Madman have the AU license and they usually do PAL masters. They've started doing some NTSC releases, which I believe are all FUNimation titles so they are probably importing the discs directly.

GolGotha said:
My apologies, I didn't realise.
It wasn't a complaint :)

Shiroi Hane said:
Mangaranga said:
They've confirmed on Twitter that it is PAL. Madman have the AU license and they usually do PAL masters. They've started doing some NTSC releases, which I believe are all FUNimation sub-licenses so they are probably importing the discs directly.
Yeah I just checked my emails and saw the reply to my tweet, I'm not interested in a PAL conversion though. They also said that it's too early to say whether they can do a BD for Sankarea, I highly doubt it's going to happen though TBH.

I don't know how I missed this in my news feed, but NISA have licensed an anime called "The Everyday Tales of a Cat God" ("Nekogami Yaoyorozu") and will release all 12 episodes, the OVA, and Seven mini Flash Episodes in a two disc premium BD set on June 4th.

I've never seen, or even heard of the series, but I'm not alone in thinking that this seems to be an odd license for NISA. Looks kinda lighthearted so I may pick it up.

Shiroi Hane said:
Rosencrantz said:
Also I do think Anime on Line has a somewhat unfair advanatge in being able to list things 1st :D
Not really. They get Manga's stuff up before Amazon too - it's just that Amazon being larger moves slower.

I'm referring to the fact Anime on Line is essentially the shopping arm of MvM, hell I remember ordering stuff direct mail order from MvM before they got into releasing Anime

- Jensen Ackles only voices Dean for 2 episodes in the series.
- Series ends at the end of the original live action show's 2nd season, so now super bishounen pretty boy Cas.
- MADHOUSE.
No deal. I'll stick to the live-action series.

Mangaranga said:
Yeah I just checked my emails and saw the reply to my tweet, I'm not interested in a PAL conversion though.
It's not going to be an NTS to PAL conversion; Madman work from HD Masters these days. It will be sped up, but pitch-corrected.

Shiroi Hane said:
Mangaranga said:
Yeah I just checked my emails and saw the reply to my tweet, I'm not interested in a PAL conversion though.
It's not going to be an NTS to PAL conversion; Madman work from HD Masters these days. It will be sped up, but pitch-corrected.

So no sound issues and you can watch all you shows 4% faster? Is that a pro or a con?

Shiroi Hane said:
Mangaranga said:
That's what I meant when I said PAL conversion. It's still a deal breaker. I notice the speedup far too easily and it bugs the hell out of me. I want to watch the show how it was intended to be watched.

Shiroi Hane said:
I've only really found it noticeable on Siren titles, and then mostly just during the OP.
It's stupid that we are still getting most releases as DVD only, and even then they are in the inferior PAL format even though the whole PAL vs NTSC thing is completely irrelevant nowadays.

Does anyone know if Madman's release of Nichijou is PAL or NTSC?

Doraemon666 said:
Media Blasters No Longer Has Rights to Bakuman,Kenshin,Berserk and have no plans to release Sayonara,Zetsubou-Sensei,news comes as no surprise but i really hope another company picks up Sayonara,Zetsubou-Sensei the show is fantastic. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-longer-has-rights-to-bakuman-kenshin-berserk
This is great news. Hopefully someone will pick up Zetsubou Sensei and actually do something with it! If anyone were to save it, Sentai seems most likely. No mention of other titles like Squid Girl though?
It would be funny if someone now picks up and dubs Bakuman since Kaze are going sub only.

I also found it funny that in the official PR statement on their website, they say "Sayonora Sensei" instead of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

Joshawott said:
Rui said:
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=432787270137865&id=134953719921223&comment_id=2897243&offset=0&total_comments=6

Squid Girl season 2 isn't coming.

R
F--- everything.
I can see Sentai rescuing it. Seems like their sort of thing. Maybe not dubbed/BD though, although they have said before they like to keep consistency with their releases.
I really want someone to rescue Zetsubou Sensei, it's a really good show, and the rips for each season aren't that great either.

Mangaranga said:
Joshawott said:
Rui said:
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=432787270137865&id=134953719921223&comment_id=2897243&offset=0&total_comments=6

Squid Girl season 2 isn't coming.

R
F--- everything.
I can see Sentai rescuing it. Seems like their sort of thing. Maybe not dubbed/BD though, although they have said before they like to keep consistency with their releases.
I really want someone to rescue Zetsubou Sensei, it's a really good show, and the rips for each season aren't that great either.

Wasn't squid Girl season 2 cancelled a while back? I've certainly not been expecting it but I'd love to see a rescue if the liscence is now back out in the wild. I know a lot of people were looking forward to S2 so I'd hope we could at least get a sub version from someone.

Back