The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

animefreak17 said:
ilmaestro said:
What about if the price doesn't stop going down?
thats easy, get it when it looks like its going out of stock

I think you'll find that doesn't work for Animeplex releases.

I remember being put off the original Oreimo DvD release becuase I saw a few people saying it was priced a little high, a few months later when I looked at it again it was firmly sold out. A similar thing happened when Nisa brought back the Toradora premium sets, I already had it from their 2nd release so I didn't bother initially. When I looked at it again 7-10 days later that was sold out too.

My point being these are the kind of sets you get early on as they go out of stock, not down in price.

I can't say i'm too happy to see a complete GL BD set as an import though, its Oreimo BD all over and could be the start of a trend of us only getting DvD's locally and BD as expensive import sets.

Has usa aniplex prices ever gone down? People pay so unless its a special sale, i dont think it drops cause people just keep buying it. If 150/600 is difference between having a favorite serie or not, then i think i would never have it. Not worth it. Internet provides me if i need to watch again whether is on the computer or on tv.

@Rosencrantz

you win some you lose some.

anime gets re released all the time they'll release them at a decent price one day, and in the mean time il settle for other cheaper series until then

animefreak17 said:
@Rosencrantz

you win some you lose some.

anime gets re released all the time they'll release them at a decent price one day, and in the mean time il settle for other cheaper series until then

With any luck yes, though we are in uncharted territory with Animeplex. If it was Funimation we know they do a few waves of gradually cheaper sets. What Animeplex will do is anyones guess, this could be it for GL BD or we could get a US set in 2-3 years time of just the main series.

mangaman74 said:
l think I'll pass on that GL release. I already own the Bandai sub dvds so I don't want to pay for the dvd set and the bd release is too much in my view.

It does look like a fantastic set but as awesome as GL is i'm not willing to put down that amount of money, I already own the Beez set and sub movies.

robot monkey said:
First trailer for season 2 of Freezing, looks like they are going down the action route here.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... o-streamed

Early trailers can be misleading, though a bit more action is welcome. The 1st season took to long to get going really, we quickly established a rival for the main character, only to veer off into a whole string of episodes where the 3rd years try to put a 2nd year in her place. That did introduce the various characters but it kinda dragged on, at least it picked up in time for the final few epsidoes. Looks like Satellizer's going up against a few of the other Pandora she's not yet fought, I hope there's good context and it's not just to fill time, we could really do with actually getting to the whole Nova business at last.

Rosencrantz said:
Early trailers can be misleading, though a bit more action is welcome. The 1st season took to long to get going really, we quickly established a rival for the main character, only to veer off into a whole string of episodes where the 3rd years try to put a 2nd year in her place. That did introduce the various characters but it kinda dragged on, at least it picked up in time for the final few epsidoes. Looks like Satellizer's going up against a few of the other Pandora she's not yet fought, I hope there's good context and it's not just to fill time, we could really do with actually getting to the whole Nova business at last.

There was also some fairly heavy handed religious allusions in it.

Back