The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Joshawott said:
Cloud Strife said:
Looks like Clannad the visual novel will be a getting a official release in the west through Steam

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... am-release

Plus it will be the full-voiced version. Definite purchase!
I'm admittedly not too knowledgeable about Steam (at the moment, I only game on consoles), but would this mean just a US release, or a worldwide release?

Well it could go either way. Most games on Steam are available in all regions but there are a few that are US (or EU) only. Only time will really tell for Clannad, but I'd take a guess and say it'll be a worldwide release.

NormanicGrav said:
Penguinbear countdown ends - Plans for Yuri Kuma Arashi TV anime revealed. It's based on an manga.

Oh, this looks interesting. Since finishing Penguindrum I wondered what this Penguinbear the creator spoke of was about and I think I like what I see.

Going by publishing dates (First chapter came out Feb 28, 2014) I think there will be a bit of a wait for the adaption but that's cool, more time to get hyped.

Judging by the photos, it looks like it's going to be the same size as Cardcaptor Sakura's Premium set.

----------------------------------

Sunrise ran a panel at Otakuthon not long ago and here's some Q&A responses:
Finally, for the Q&A half of the panel, Sunrise confirmed and teased new details on various projects.

Q: For Valvrave, why did things get rushed toward the end?
A: From the first moment, we planned to make 2 halves... the first season was meant to be an introduction, and the second season was meant to be the problems in the world.

Q: Gundam in Reconguista in NA?
A: Working on making it available in NA streaming few days after broadcast, plans not finalized yet.

Q: How many animes are produced in 1 year and how long does it take?
A: Right now we have 14 studios/production lines... All the studios that are working on an anime.

Q: Why didn't Sunrise do the A-1 idolmaster series?
A: Sunrise did Idolmaster Xenoglossia. It didn't do well, and Bandai Namco wanted it done true to the story.

Q: GBFT originally planned or due to the popularity of GBF?
A: Original version only planned for Gundam Build Fighters, but since it became very popular, the studio decided to produce more

Q: (Question about series length)
A: Prefer to make more than 26 episodes, because the energy to put into the production is the same for 13 or 26. So that's why the company prefers to make longer series, so we can divide up the cost, it's more efficient to make a lot. Also, another big reason is that Sunrise is backed by Bandai Namco. And since Sunrise anime normally have figures, toys or other products, having 26 eps gives them 6 months to develop the products.

Q: Can you say anything about the Love Live movie?
A: The content is something that Love Live fans will really love.

Q: Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere S3?
A: No plans right now

Q: Live-action Gundam movie?
A: No plans, but not that there is no possibility. We want you guys to want the movie.

Q: D&D/Warhammer and other board game style Gundam figures?
A: We noticed that there are a lot of fans who like those. We don't know why, but the war/board game style things aren't very popular (in Japan). For Bandai, which normally develops toys, they aren't interested in making it for Japan, but for a worldwide audience, it's a good idea...

But actually, two years ago we tried to make it...You know the Dominion card game? We made a game similar to Dominion and put it on sale 2 years ago...

Q: What prompted to Sunrise to join the other animation production companies to form Daisuki?
A: We wanted to have one company which streamed all over the world from Japan So all the big production companies in Japan joined together to make one studio that can broadcast anime all around the world. So it was more like banishing the pirate version, if we broadcast directly from Japan, everyone can watch One Piece, Conan, Lupin directly from Japan.

Q: What effect on FUNi and CR?
A: In general, we want to live together Since in fact, Daisuki is still a small company, so for right now, they don't care about being a small company. We were planning to share a lot of products from Aniplex, TMS, Toei and Sunrise...

Q: Second season of Daily Lives of High School Boys?
A: I was producer of it... and right now, there are no plans for a second season...

Q: New season of Gintama or waiting for the series to get further?
A: Company secret.

Q: Why did you keep teasing the movies?
A: Before we made the films, the creators made some trailers as a joke a few years before, not seriously thinking they would make a feature film.

Anime limited posted a mai mai miracle update. Starting to question why I didn't back the blu ray & artbook tier

@grav it looks considerably bigger than the ccs set. Someone posted ccs/drr comparison pics on fb and when compared to anime limiteds pics you can see the Gulf in size

britguy said:
Anime limited posted a mai mai miracle update. Starting to question why I didn't back the blu ray & artbook tier

@grav it looks considerably bigger than the ccs set. Someone posted ccs/drr comparison pics on fb and when compared to anime limiteds pics you can see the Gulf in size

I just saw the reply to my comment, I'm quite shocked actually. As I said on the FB page, this is going to be one interesting Ultimate Edition set.

Hal reviewed by Blu-ray Definition:
Screenshots via Blu-rayDefinition.com

Video:
The AVC 1080p encodement of Hal looks good on Blu-ray, but there are some slight issues with it. A tinge of softness is one of the biggest problems and there are also some places where banding can be spotted.

Supplemental Materials:
Includes a slipcover artbox and three alternate covers with exclusive artwork that also double as mini-posters on the other side
Listen to Me Girls. I Am Your Father! reviewed by Blu-ray Definition:
Screenshots via Blu-rayDefinition.com

Video:
While the animation looks good for Listen to Me Girls on Blu-ray, the transfer is a little disappointing. There is some obvious softness and strong color banding in the fills, especially in some of the darker, shadowy scenes. Apart from that, its generally satisfying, especially in full motion as opposed to these screen captures, but not in the upper echelons of anime on Blu-ray.

Sentai Filmworks have done a Q&A via Tumblr:

Since you guys released waiting in the Summer DVD subtitled only, and since there a new OAV in japan could there be a possible premium blu ray rerelease with the New OAV just like High School of the dead

That’s a good question! Of course, when any of our properties get new content (be it through film, new seasons or OVAs), we always take a look to see what can be done. In HOTD’s case, we took a good look and decided that the OVA was definitely something we wanted in our library. So, there’s always hope.

First, I want to say how great of job you guys do and i'm really excited for your new releases in the next coming months especially infinite stratos 2. I wanted to ask is there any new news about the possible acquisition of the world god only knows 3 or the ovas?

Ah, the Goddess arc. We’re getting a lot of requests for Season 3 of TWGOK plus OVAs…all I can say is that we’re on the hunt for them, so cross your fingers!

Since you're answering questions at the moment...♡ You've been giving female fans a lot of reasons to spend money lately (I've already placed my order for Diabolik Lovers!) and I was wondering whether there was any chance at all at looking at the older series Meine Liebe one day? It's one I'd love to add to my collection thanks to the great Japanese voice cast and designs even if it's a little old now. Please consider it

Hi! That’s great, we hope you enjoy Diabolik Lovers, we certainly enjoyed it at the cheese level here in the office haah. Wow, I haven’t heard someone mention Meine Liebe in quite a while! Right now I’m not so sure about it, but hey, it’s in the Sentai hivemind now!

Is Engaged to the Unidentified looking for a dubbed or subbed release at the moment?

No word at the moment on Engaged.

Awesome job on getting Black God -The Animation! Can't wait to pick it up! Thanks for contributing a bunch to the anime industry and allowing us to help you support it. As a question, might it be possible to get 'Another Epilogue' short included in your Angel Beats set?

Thanks, we love hearing that you guys enjoy what we do. If we ever do a Box Set for Angel Beats! then we will take a look at anything that we may not already have.

Can you confirm if the Queen's Blade OVAs you guys are releasing in December will retain the dub cast like your release of Rebellion last year did?

We always try to retain continuity when at all feasible, so there’s a good chance that QB Beautiful Warriors will be treated the same way. As always, cross those fingers.

will the outbreak company release be bluray and dvd at the same time or will the dvd be released first?

Right now it looks to be both at once.

Do we have a date or some sort of window for when we get more details about the Chuunibyou Dub (i.e. the cast)?

Probably closer to the December release.

Hi sentai, I love all the anime titles you put out. Is there any news about the release of the Super Sonico anime? Also I absolutely loved the anime Maoyu, the subs were great. Please consider maoyu for a future dub though, it was a shame you couldn't fit a dub on the blu ray disks. Thank you!

Looks to be also penciled in for an early 2015 release. We do love our Sonico so.

Will Mayo Chiki (w/ the new dub) be receiving an iTunes digital release? If so, when? Also, I notice that DVD/BD release dates aren't always the same as digital release dates. Is there a location for a digital release date schedule?

I can find out for you. And as for your second question, that’s probably something we will add on to v2 of the site. Thanks!

Hi sentai how you doing I gotta say you guys are doing a great job with all these awesome anime tittles coming out but hey I was wonder if theirs any news on beyond the boundary coming soon this year to dvd or next year? and please oh please do a dub for Sacred Seven when you can

No more room on the schedule for this year, but I’m thinking early next year for Beyond the Boundary.

All the Anime have responded to a few tweets:
With the dimensions it has it needs to be thicker, otherwise it'll be quite flimsy. But otherwise the size looks veeery nice!!

It's plenty rigid and quality do not worry about that

Another set that's going to look odd on my shelf *sigh*

Haha yeah! If it helps, we're planning more titles with this style packaging in future as we really like the result.

MVM also have responded to a few tweets:
hi just recieved nekomonogatari:black, thank you for picking it up! Is it supposed to be 1disk? Mine says disk 2 and im worried

It's just one disc as it's only 4 episodes.

Considering the costs of bluray print runs, I guess there's not much chance of a reprint with audio issues fixed?

Well Hanabee haven't done anything about it and don't seem like they plan to either.

Will you be doing a complete collection in the future that fixes this?

We will be doing a full set next year, but it's all down to whether Hanabee fix it. Tell them about it.

hey MVM can you send @zavvi some more from the new world blu rays, they still haven't sent out pre orders.

We don't send them direct, they order from the suppliers - you need to contact them personally not us.

And so have Manga UK:
Will ye be launching a complete edition of Attack On Titan this year?

No. (As it stands we're only able to release it as half season sets. If that changes we'll be sure to say.) ^JG

Nice! No limited edition? (Berserk Golden Age: The Advent)

No. But the Blu-ray version of Movie 3 comes with a boat load of on-disc extras! ^JG

Cel said:
The AoT soundtrack can be bought on Amazon. I already got it last week.

I was hoping to buy it from their store directly. May as well go with Amazon as it's not shown up still after many weeks. Last time I checked Amazon it was 2-4 week delivery so typical it showed up as soon as I gave up looking.

Just noticed on Amazon.com that the delayed US release of Ben-To: Complete Collection now has a November 4th release date. I didn't see this when it aired but really enjoyed the first two dubbed episodes funi released :)

Jon O Fun said:
Just noticed on Amazon.com that the delayed US release of Ben-To: Complete Collection now has a November 4th release date. I didn't see this when it aired but really enjoyed the first two dubbed episodes funi released :)

Ben-To is not going to be around for quite some time. It's going to take as long as Sankarea would be.

NormanicGrav said:
Jon O Fun said:

Ben-To is not going to be around for quite some time. It's going to take as long as Sankarea would be.

Well it's possible they might push through one quicker than the other, seen a lot of adverts for Ben-To on recent Funi stuff, granted those adverts could of been built into that release months ago but it does seem like we've known about the lack of release for enough time to change/remove those adverts on at least some of the releases.

Rosencrantz said:
NormanicGrav said:
Jon O Fun said:

Well it's possible they might push through one quicker than the other, seen a lot of adverts for Ben-To on recent Funi stuff, granted those adverts could of been built into that release months ago but it does seem like we've known about the lack of release for enough time to change/remove those adverts on at least some of the releases.

I would see Funimation doing this for priority:

Evangelion 3.33 > Sankarea Uncut > Ben-To Uncut

Battle of Gods, One Piece Season Six and Hellsing Ultimate is done and sorted (despite some bits and bobs missing beyond their control - OVA for BoG and The Dawn OVAs for HU) so these ones above are the only issues left for Funimation to handle. Then again there's also unreleased simulcast titles like Kingdom and Pretear, and titles like Danganronpa that have no word on a home release when others have (i.e. Freezing Vibration, High School DxD New, Neptunia: TA).

December 2014 would be a perfect spot for Eva but that depends on whether the new English dub is sorted already.

NormanicGrav said:
I would see Funimation doing this for priority:

Evangelion 3.33 > Sankarea Uncut > Ben-To Uncut

Battle of Gods, One Piece Season Six and Hellsing Ultimate is done and sorted (despite some bits and bobs missing beyond their control - OVA for BoG and The Dawn OVAs for HU) so these ones above are the only issues left for Funimation to handle. Then again there's also unreleased simulcast titles like Kingdom and Pretear, and titles like Danganronpa that have no word on a home release when others have (i.e. Freezing Vibration, High School DxD New, Neptunia: TA).

December 2014 would be a perfect spot for Eva but that depends on whether the new English dub is sorted already.

Depends on the amount of work each requires I'd say, Evangelion from what we can tell needs to be redubbed, while Sankarea and Ben-To appear to be that they had the TV version, which could mean that the existing dub they have fits perfectly over the updated footage.

Back