The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Lutga said:
Something like this is a better fit perhaps? But yeah, not ideal

Log_Horizon_2-200x300.png

That's the art equivalent from season 2 I mentioned :p the only other "nice" art work but unusable for Season 1 (one of the characters on the art is introduced in season 2)

$_57.JPG

Even the Japanese releases art wouldn't work IMO, though the image on the bottom right is real nice, having the first image I posted for set 1, then that for set 2 would be lovely but then you'd have the problem of what to do with a complete set...ah, I dunno, I just hate the US art work but it's not the end of the world I guess ;)

EDIT: Is The Order A Rabbit? second season announced: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1348024

When it comes to artwork, it all depends what's available for us, what we're allowed to use etc. Some Japanese companies are more strict than others with artwork. A perfect example is Manga's Sword Art Online releases with the horrible white backgrounds for volumes 2-4.

Log Horizon does definitely have a problem with attractive artwork; especially as the Japanese volume covers don't really work for the western release format. Depending on what the licensor puts on offer of course, maybe something like this could be the best to go with?:

Volume 1:
ZMXZ-9071.jpg

Volume 2:
ZMXZ-9072.jpg

Lutga said:
The title 'Log Horizon' makes me think of something unfortunate too...
For a moment I was thinking you were referencing 'Event Horizon' (bad reference I know heheh...ehh.).

MVM said:
When it comes to artwork, it all depends what's available for us, what we're allowed to use etc. Some Japanese companies are more strict than others with artwork. A perfect example is Manga's Sword Art Online releases with the horrible white backgrounds for volumes 2-4.

That reminds me, Manga UK was supposed to provide new covers for customers who bought Volume 1 (due to inconsistency). Remembering the time where they said the old slipcover would be considered a collector's edition just reminded me of the response Viz made about Sailor Moon's DVD quality.

Dannielle said:
animefreak17 said:
Anything on the durarara bluray replacements yet

None yet. They've said when there's any sort of news, they'll say something, presumably on their weekly update posts :]

Their latest newswire has just been posted and sadly no updates on DRR (or Patema Inverted) discs at this time.

"~ And just to include a mention of them in here, there are no new updates on either Durarara!! or Patema Inverted at this time."

Emo185 said:
Dannielle said:
animefreak17 said:
Anything on the durarara bluray replacements yet

None yet. They've said when there's any sort of news, they'll say something, presumably on their weekly update posts :]

Their latest newswire has just been posted and sadly no updates on DRR (or Patema Inverted) discs at this time.

"~ And just to include a mention of them in here, there are no new updates on either Durarara!! or Patema Inverted at this time."

It's taking a heck of a lot longer to get sorted than we thought it would. But it is something we're working on. (In fact I've been working on it this past week myself.) Hopefully we'll be able to offer a proper update on it soon.

VoxPhantom said:
Joshawott said:
Chunibyo dub cast. Sadly, including Greg Ayres.

From that small preview, I hate the voice for Rikka. Absolutely horrible.
I never watch dubs, but to me those first three sound practically interchangeable and that final one didn't seem to fit Rikka at all. But then again I'm not the market they're aiming for (and won't be buying the show anyway).
Rikka sounds like a middle aged woman, as opposed to a middle school girl. I am pretty happy with Dekomori's casting though.

Toonami has had it's rerun block (3.30am - 6.00am) canceled and has been downshifted to 12am to 03.30am with Kill La KIll's previous starting time of 11.30pm being revised to 12.30am with DBKai starting the Block.

Given that Williams Street has made it's animosity towards anime on [Adult Swim] known in the past, This does not look good for Homestar Runner.

Out of interest, do people in the States actually watch Toonami live (ie. in the middle of the night) or do they just set their box to record it and watch it on catch up? It wouldn't surprise me if this is just the first such cut - surely the prime audience for anime on telly is getting their fix via Crunchyroll etc. these days? Although obviously less anime on proper telly is always a bad thing.

Back