The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Now this has caught my interest.

Terraformars will receive a live-action Japanese adaptation from none other than Takashi Miike.

Miike directed various films including:
- the controversial Ichi the Killer
- Zatoichi (Correction: He directed the 2007 stage version, not the 2003 film)
- Ace Attorney (based on the Phoenix Wright games)
- Yatterman (based on the anime of the same name)
- Adaptations from manga like As the Gods Will, Crows and Mogura no Uta [The Mole Song: Undercover Agent Reiji]

-----------

In another news, the teaser for a nice picture has fully been unveiled:

main_19.jpg

It's an upcoming film called Vitreous Flower Destroys the World (Glass no Hana to Kowasu Sekai) from A-1 Pictures with the tagline on the website reads, "The beautiful world I discovered."

The brand-new anime film is based on D.Backup, the scenario and illustration project by the relatively new creative unit "Physics Point." D.Backup won the grand prize in Pony Canyon's first ever Anime-ka Taishō (Anime Adaptation Prize) in 2013. According to the prize's website, the premise is "'software' characters fight bugs that have spread inside the box of knowledge."

NormanicGrav said:
Now this has caught my interest.

Terraformars will receive a live-action Japanese adaptation from none other than Takashi Miike.

Miike directed various films including:
- the controversial Ichi the Killer
- Zatoichi
- Ace Attorney (based on the Phoenix Wright games)
- Yatterman (based on the anime of the same name)
- Adaptations from manga like As the Gods Will, Crows and Mogura no Uta [The Mole Song: Undercover Agent Reiji]

-----------

:O All for that. I love Takashi's films and Terraformars is right up his street.

Didn't Takeshi Kitano do the Zatoichi film? I think Miike did a play about the character tho :) Also looking forward to his 'As The Gods Will' which looks typically mental.

Jon O Fun said:
Didn't Takeshi Kitano do the Zatoichi film? I think Miike did a play about the character tho :) Also looking forward to his 'As The Gods Will' which looks typically mental.

Ah yes you're correct. But in fact we're both right as Miike instead directed the 2007 stage version.

NormanicGrav said:
Jon O Fun said:

Ah yes you're correct. But in fact we're both right as Miike instead directed the 2007 stage version.
Indeed :) the play is something I would love to see but know I never will.

Lutga said:
Hopefully the live action Terraformars can suck slightly less than the anime.
I really don't think that's possible. Terraformars without the racist as all get out Bugmen is like Attack on Titan without the Titans.

And SOMETHING A SOMETHING A SOMETHING A JAGER!

Manga UK are releasing Nisekoi!! Due Q2.

Never thought they would go for that!
Worries me they haven't confirmed formats yet, but would be stupid to NOT do Blu-Ray.

Although it is Manga after all...

Elaniel said:

Worries me they haven't confirmed formats yet, but would be stupid to NOT do Blu-Ray.

Please not KAZE
Please not KAZE
Please not KAZE

It's gonna be a KAZE title isn't it :|

Dannielle said:
Please not KAZE
Please not KAZE
Please not KAZE

It's gonna be a KAZE title isn't it :|

Mangaranga said:
Considering the wording of the announcement as well as the previous one, I'd say it's just a Kaze release they're distributing.
Pretty sure Aniplex guy at the MCM Panel said it was licensed to Kaze anyway.

Mangaranga said:
Not so much news, but I ran across a video showcasing footage of the ADV dub for Gurren Lagann. For anyone who isn't aware, ADV originally had the license to TTGL but lost it to Bandai.
It definitely has that ADV/Sentai QUALITY feel to it in regards to the script writing and voice acting. Who else would have Viral sounding like Gollum?

Can't be any worse than Zone of the Enders: Dolores i where they mistranslated ouji-sama(prince) as sir uncle, even in the subtitles :lol:

Elaniel said:

I really, really, really want to own Nisekoi but I am admittedly concerned for the following reasons:
1) Is it a Kazé release simply being distributed by Manga UK?
2) If it isn't a Kazé release, would a Manga UK release even be any better at this stage?
3) The fact that blu-ray hasn't been announced right out of the gate. Nisekoi needs to be on blu-ray.

At the moment I'll hold off on buying Aniplex USA's release until we find out more (and also because I'm skint), but unless this UK release can wow me, I'll probably still just buy Aniplex's.

Am I right in assuming Nisekoi still doesn't have a dub? If so I can see Aniplex doing what they did with Blue Exorcist and double dipping later in the year /early next year with a dubbed version. It's not Monogatari and super difficult to dub. (I'm actually still pretty shocked they haven't dubbed it off the bat)

Viz have posted two dub trailers for the upcoming Tiger & Bunny: The Rising film. Personally, I've got mixed feelings about Golden Ryan's voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joshawott said:
Elaniel said:

I really, really, really want to own Nisekoi but I am admittedly concerned for the following reasons:
1) Is it a Kazé release simply being distributed by Manga UK?
2) If it isn't a Kazé release, would a Manga UK release even be any better at this stage?
3) The fact that blu-ray hasn't been announced right out of the gate. Nisekoi needs to be on blu-ray.

At the moment I'll hold off on buying Aniplex USA's release until we find out more (and also because I'm skint), but unless this UK release can wow me, I'll probably still just buy Aniplex's.
Considering the French and German releases are by kaze, it's highly likely that this is kaze release being distributed by manga.

Back