The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Looks like it's going well in camp UFOtable, God Eater's first episode has now been pushed back a week and replaced with a special. The episode has previously had a preview screening cancelled "to make it better".

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ial/.89948

I'm wondering if they didn't leave enough time between UBW and God Eater and are now panicking, or whether it's just major issues with the production. Either way it does not look for the show.

Kind of worrying - I wonder how far along they are with the rest of the eps if even the first one isn't 100% complete yet?

Lutga said:
Kind of worrying - I wonder how far along they are with the rest of the eps if even the first one isn't 100% complete yet?

My thinking is UBW finished last week and had a bunch of double length episodes earlier in it's run (which obviously take about twice the time to animate). Perhaps UBW got massively behind schedule with the double episodes and the staff assigned to that have only just been transferred to God Eater and as a result God Eater is now also massively behind...

Yeah, sounds like that could be the case - it did surprise me that UBW always looked absolutely stunning, and never seemed to have any quality drops - though suppose that benefitted from having a break mid-series, so they could have more time to work on it.

As long as things don't get as bad as what happened to Durarara mid-season earlier this year, then it's fine.

I think Durarara!!x2's biggest problems seem to stem from the fact they're trying to adapt 10 light novels into 36 episodes (or about 3.6 episodes per book), compared to the 3 light novels that were adapted into the 24 episode first season (or about 8 episodes per book).

My guess (and I have no evidence to support this) is the production committee wanted 24 reasonably-budgeted episodes, but were talked into spreading the money slightly further and making 36 episodes at a smaller per-episode budget, so they could get all 10 books finished without leaving any cliffhangers.

Lutga said:
As long as things don't get as bad as what happened to Durarara mid-season earlier this year, then it's fine.

What happened to Durarara? I recently finished the 1st cour of X2 and i'll watching the 2nd cour weekly which i haven't done before.

DragonBlaze67 said:
What happened to Durarara? I recently finished the 1st cour of X2 and i'll watching the 2nd cour weekly which i haven't done before.
There was a massive quality lapse in the middle of Durarara!!x2 Sho which got so bad that one episode had scenes where it was just key frames with no in-between animation. The characters in the show also looked Persona 4 The Animation QUALITY too.

Yup, one episode - 7 if I recall correctly? - looked so bad it was basically just like watching still frames with fades between them to move characters around. Like flip-book levels of animation.

Here's something that might cheer everyone up. It looks like Viz Media may have rescued Bakuman. The title has appeared on Hulu under the Neon Alley section with all 25 episodes from Season 1.

Back