The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

kuuderes_shadow said:
Is it fun taking offence at the fact that people like things you don't?

Anyway, Durarara SH was never going to get on the list. Only one volume out this year and that only sold 37k over slightly over 3 weeks, and although this was a very slight increase on the previous volume Durarara!! is nothing like as popular as it was 5 years ago.

I wasn't being literal, just saying that it's clear who the better writer is, purely on the grounds that the characters don't all have the same voice.

I don't pay attention to sales figures, but Kagerou Daze only released one volume this year too. I think that's partly what pisses me off, of all the things that could sell 200k in one volume, it shouldn't have been that. I'm half way through the first novel, it's okay, not great. I'd rather any other franchise had that level of success.

So I've seen these images floating around on Facebook but I'm not sure what the text says. I *think* it might be an announcement of a new Madoka Movie or series in 2016, honestly not sure

CUxsrawVEAAGCNr.jpg

CUxsra0UwAAv2-E.jpg

Not sure if anyone around here can read Japanese but I'd love to know what any of this means, I'm kind of just making blatant assumptions.

Source: https://twitter.com/touketu16/status/67 ... 12/photo/1

I also found a description of the concept trailer that makes a bit more sense than that 4Chan post:
- This longs about 4 minutes.
- In first minute, things happen just what we saw in Rebellion. Madoka and Homura talk together about something likes fairy-tales. The image is Madoka performing her ballet, and the Devil clapping her hands at the end of the show.
- Next is like a rush of angry waves.
- Kyouko is exhausting. She’s angry (at?) the cats are being revived by someone’s voice(?).
- Sayaka is able to read witch’s language (the runes), and got captured (as like she was in wraith arc). She (or her dead body?) turns into her witch-form and fights againt the Wraith. Before that, her soul-gem fully got dark.
- It seems Mami and cool-Homura will get another fight.
- This cool-Homura don’t have the earing like what the Devil does. She’s like the normal cool-Homura we’ve known.
- And Nagisa plays a detective game in magical-girl form.

Another information:
- Madoka gets a new magical-girl costume. It’s cute, but exposes her flesh a bit much…
- Super, very cool Mami. She’s like a boss!!

Source: http://madokamagicanews.com/post/134163 ... trailer-at

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not a big Madoka fan so please keep that in mind but most of the comments on that tweet are extremely skeptical.

The first image says Theatrical PMMM New Arc: Tsugunai No Monogatari ('Atonement'). I googled it and the source seems to be this old video http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25922370 which came out on April 1st...

I don't think Facebook tends to get its info before Japanese anime news reporting sites as a rule :D

R

Rui said:
I am not a big Madoka fan so please keep that in mind but most of the comments on that tweet are extremely skeptical.

The first image says Theatrical PMMM New Arc: Tsugunai No Monogatari ('Atonement'). I googled it and the source seems to be this old video http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25922370 which came out on April 1st...

I don't think Facebook tends to get its info before Japanese anime news reporting sites as a rule :D

R

I know SHAFT made videos on April 1st, the most notable one being Nisekoimonogatari featuring Onodera with cat dears nya.

I suggest we all just wait and see what happens. Who knows SHAFT might announce something after Kizumonogatari's first film.

Rui said:

R

I thought as much. Oh well, maybe some day :p

12 Days of Seven Seas Manga Xmas Announcements - Day 1

Lord Marksman and Vanadis (Madan no Ō to Vanadis)
Original source material: No (Light Novel is OSM)

Seven Seas will release the series in single volumes starting September 13th 2016.

ilmaestro said:
NormanicGrav said:
Original source material: No (Light Novel is OSM)
Is this saying they've licensed the manga and not the LN? Or the other way around?
Yes, Seven Seas is mainly a manga licensor as far as I'm aware. I'll make it clearer tomorrow (the 2nd announcement is due then).

ilmaestro said:
No point complaining about something being read by a lot of people if you're just another person adding to the perceived "problem".

I didn't start reading it because it was big in Japan, I didn't even know it was until I was reading ANN this morning.

And it would be ridiculous to complain about the writing quality of something I hadn't at least tried to read. My problem is not with the concept is good, the problem is that writing isn't that good and there isn't much differentiation between the way characters speak, which given the character who's perspective the book is written from changes reasonably regularly, that's kind of a problem.

It's still not clear how you could even have the slightest complaint about other people doing the same thing you did, though.

Buzz201 said:
I didn't start reading it because it was big in Japan, I didn't even know it was until I was reading ANN this morning.
What did you think the business model for Yen Press was, find series that people don't buy and release them?

ilmaestro said:
It's still not clear how you could even have the slightest complaint about other people doing the same thing you did, though.

Buzz201 said:
What did you think the business model for Yen Press was, find series that people don't buy and release them?
I wasn't being completely serious, you're treating it with far more weight than intended.

Also, buying the sixth novel in a series generally implies you've brought the first five. Little bit different to buying the first to check out.

You say that, but Viz acquired the Legend of the Galactic Heroes novels. Something that even its own fans admitted was probably too obscure for a release.

I think any more discussion on this topic should go to its own thread since it's not really appropriate for the news area at this point >_>

R

12 Days of Seven Seas Manga Xmas Announcements - Day 2

Love in Hell: Death Life (Jigokuren: Death Life)
Original source material: Yes (Prequel to Love in Hell).

Seven Seas will release the series in single volumes starting October 11th 2016.

My Pathetic Vampire Life (Hi no Ataranai Koide-kun)
Original source material: Yes.

Seven Seas will release the series in single volumes starting October 4th 2016.

Back