The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

ilmaestro said:
Rosencrantz said:
Early announcements are also critical if the UK industry wants to cut down on people importing the US version
I agree with this quite a lot.

I think the 2nd part is equally important too, perhaps moreso. Knowing something is coming out is good, but knowing that it's going to be the same quality as the US release is vital.

Right now the US has quicker and better releases. Letting us know a licence is due takes the edge off sales lost due to the US being quicker but being unsure if the release is going to be as good as the US version is the real killer. Afterall even if you know a UK version is incomming if it doesn't match the US release why wait, you get a better version of what you want quicker by importing.

Rosencrantz said:
Early announcements are also critical if the UK industry wants to cut down on people importing the US version; They'll never win back all the business but if they can keep us informed and back it up with guarnateed quality of product they will win back a fair few people that would prefer to buy UK rather than US.

Nail on the head

Rosencrantz said:
ilmaestro said:
Rosencrantz said:
Early announcements are also critical if the UK industry wants to cut down on people importing the US version
I agree with this quite a lot.

I think the 2nd part is equally important too, perhaps moreso. Knowing something is coming out is good, but knowing that it's going to be the same quality as the US release is vital.
Yes, sorry, didn't want to imply that the quality wasn't also important - but I think that should be more obvious to them (maybe it isn't), whereas they really need to work on putting themselves in a position where they can communicate with people as quickly and as openly as possible (this probably includes trying as hard as possible not to get put in awkward situations as a result of the licensing deal).

Rosencrantz said:
The To Love Ru Darkness next project is OVAs.

So we've lost all chance of seeing them here then.

Is their some reason the US can't get ahold of the OAV's? (I assume you were not referring to the UK when you said here as I doubt the main series would have a chance let alone an OAV)

I note from the wiki page Sentai don't have any of the To Love Ru OAV's at all, which seems odd given they have the main series in each case.
Sentai have skipped all past OVAs.

Joshawott said:

Kinda weird I think. They released the Hidamari Sketch OAV that was just 2 episodes and I know they have the 2 ep Kampfer OAV out at some point. So it's not like they are against releases that have few episodes, and you'd think this would be a title that would do well.

Rosencrantz said:
Joshawott said:

Kinda weird I think. They released the Hidamari Sketch OAV that was just 2 episodes and I know they have the 2 ep Kampfer OAV out at some point. So it's not like they are against releases that have few episodes, and you'd think this would be a title that would do well.

I can only assume its more down to the content involved in the ToLoveRu OVA's but it is very strange why Sentai haven't picked up the OVA's

Rosencrantz said:
Joshawott said:

Those are OVA's (totally standalone)
The to Love Ru ones are OAD's (bundled with a special edition of the manga)

They have different producers, which means they may need to be licensed from a different company (and might only be available to Viz Media).

Reaper gI said:
Rosencrantz said:
Joshawott said:

Those are OVA's (totally standalone)
The to Love Ru ones are OAD's (bundled with a special edition of the manga)

They have different producers, which means they may need to be licensed from a different company (and might only be available to Viz Media).
Which really sucks because the To Love Ru OADs actually bridge gaps between the various series' >>.

I hate these exclusive agreement type deals. Why can't they work in that whichever company the deal relates to has first dibs, then when they say no, another company can grab them?

The BBFC have a survey up now btw, for those who want to rant at them. The only part you can really comment on is if you disagree with their classifications, so it might be worth putting a note there about the costs, requirement for logos to be burned on discs etc (which I forgot to do as I didn't realise there'd be a no "Other notes" section).

I put this on mine about classifications:
I thought "Ted" was so awful that it should have been refused classification on the basis that it was absolute crap. I saw it for free and it was so bad I wanted my money back!

EDIT:
20130321_tokyo_international_anime_fair_imgl4877.jpg

I guess the title was something decided by the Japanese? Or maybe they were told of the title Sentai are releasing it under and decided to use that one to try and lure more foreign licensors in easier?

So guy's n' gals. Enjoyed what "The World God Only Knows" had to offer?
(I know I did)
Looking for something with equal merits?

Then the anime "Date A Live" that's airing the end of March, might be it.

that's not essentially the surprise, as I'm guessing most have seen the Neregate poster. But more what I found
on the TV Tropes page. Including the fact that Tsunako worked on the illustration, with Complie Heart in corporation
with Sting are planing are game on the PS3

The news comes late, but I've only really come across this gem. Since a few (illmae) enjoyed Hyper "ThunderTits" Neptunia and felt it shared similar bases to TWGOK

Last edited by a moderator:
animefreak17 said:
yay more boobs............, i mean boobs, i mean boobs, i mean ummmmmm * thinking * 5 minutes later......................... yeah its boobs. but nice boobs

I'm not going to claim it was a masterpiece but season one had enough threads of potential story that I was hoping we'd get a 2nd season. Plus Boobs ofc :lol:

animefreak17 said:
yay more boobs............, i mean boobs, i mean boobs, i mean ummmmmm * thinking * 5 minutes later......................... yeah its boobs. but nice boobs

Hahaha, I like your honesty! ;P

Back