The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Double post... Sorry

I see the original show was put into a few filler episode lists:

200 episodes for full series

147 episodes to get rid of quite a bit of filler but keep character development

96 episodes to get rid of filler and keep story / canon

I might follow the 96 episode list for a rewatch of Season 1 and half of season 2 (I stopped at Sailor Moon R Episode 21)

Would people recommend watching normally (200episode) or removing some filler (147 episode) for a first time watch?

I feel 96 episodes will remove way too much so thats not an option

I've recently watched the entire Sailor Moon series. I watched all 200 episodes. I personally didn't mind the filler episodes, but I did skip the intro/outro, most of the transformation and attack sequences, since those got really repetitive after a while. I also speeded up the preview parts at the beginning of each episode. All these things saved me a lot of time (between 10 and 15 hours).

I've recently watched the entire Sailor Moon series. I watched all 200 episodes. I personally didn't mind the filler episodes, but I did skip the intro/outro, most of the transformation and attack sequences, since those got really repetitive after a while. I also speeded up the preview parts at the beginning of each episode. All these things saved me a lot of time (between 10 and 15 hours).
I've seen 1st, R and S series, but not SuperS and Sailor Stars.
how would you rate the last two series, are they as good, do they get more weird etc

I've seen 1st, R and S series, but not SuperS and Sailor Stars.
how would you rate the last two series, are they as good, do they get more weird etc

SuperS is by far the weakest series, only in the last +/-6 episodes there is some story development (and it ditches the episodic nature of the series). The rest is a whole bunch of nothing. The only real character development is seen with Usagi and Chibi-Usa (the entire series is focused on them).

I really enjoyed the final season. It starts with a filler arc that is a continuation of what happened in the final episodes of SuperS and I really enjoyed that part (again not being episodic). It was pretty dark as well.

Afterwards the canon part starts and I really enjoyed that as well. Interesting new characters, cool villains and the series has even more mature themes going on. The only real downside is that the inner soldiers have become completely useless. Character development is seen the most with Usagi and Seiya (one of the new characters introduced).

On MyAnimeList I've rated the series als follows:
Classic: 7
R: 6
S: 8 (my favourite season)
SuperS: 4
SailorStars: 8

Does anyone know if they are reprinting The Girl From the Other Side Deluxe Hardcover Edition 3 and when? My copy is missing the first chapter that should be included in that volume and I'm not sure if I was just unlucky or it's an issue with every copy from that batch? (I don't have my copy of Volume 3 to hand, as I left it at my mum's reasoning that if I was short on suitcase space it was a bit redundant to bother bringing it back this time given that I'll wait until I have a corrected copy before reading it, so I unfortunately can't post any photos of it for anyone who wants them). Also if they have or are gonna reprint it with the correction (which I'm sure they will if this is an issue with an entire batch of copies and not just mine), how would I tell that I'm definitely getting a copy that's corrected when I buy online? :)

I'm considering a re-watch of Neon Genesis Evangelion via my UE BDs, and I'm debating about how I should watch it. As I'm watching it in Japanese, should I watch it with the Khara/Netflix translation (which was how I previously watched it, although the BD has the signs translated if I'm correct), or the ADV (series)/Manga (films) translation?

I'm considering a re-watch of Neon Genesis Evangelion via my UE BDs, and I'm debating about how I should watch it. As I'm watching it in Japanese, should I watch it with the Khara/Netflix translation (which was how I previously watched it, although the BD has the signs translated if I'm correct), or the ADV (series)/Manga (films) translation?
I've only watched the Khara translation but from what I've heard both have their strengths and weaknesses. Khara's is stiff but faithful while ADV's approach is less literal but also less accurate.

I've only watched the Khara translation but from what I've heard both have their strengths and weaknesses. Khara's is stiff but faithful while ADV's approach is less literal but also less accurate.
Thanks. I might consider using the Netflix/Khara subtitle translation for my re-watch on BD, although I don't know at this point if I'm wrong about the signs being translated on the BDs (using the aforementioned translation).

Seeing as CR doesn't ship outside of the stated region, I guess I'll have to look into a reshipping service for the Sentai store. Anyone with experience of them, which would you recommend?

Seeing as CR doesn't ship outside of the stated region, I guess I'll have to look into a reshipping service for the Sentai store. Anyone with experience of them, which would you recommend?
I used Stackry to order from the Sentai store recently, and others on the forum have had solid experiences with using them too. Got a $10 off shipping referral code if you sign up via the link :)

I have read stories that Million Arthur Blu-ray collection discs 3 & 4 are region A locked instead of A/B, & that it even affected the Australian release. Was this ever fixed?

I have read stories that Million Arthur Blu-ray collection discs 3 & 4 are region A locked instead of A/B, & that it even affected the Australian release. Was this ever fixed?

I'm guessing it wasn't fixed then. ;)

Anyways,

Does anyone know if the individual parts of Digimon Adventure Try were released as standard editions (without the slipcovers art cards & posters), or was it just the collector's editions that were released?

Super late reply but as I was just testing this out yep Disc 1 & 2 are region A/B
And disc 3? & 4 are region A only

Tested on a normal PS4

Funny thing is for the 4th disc the PS4 come up with the region message of this disc will only work on region A or B
So they obviously meant to just failed
As obviouls the box/case and disc both mention region A and B

But pretty sure Denny gave up after receiving multiple copies of the un-fixed error before just giving up

Super late reply but as I was just testing this out yep Disc 1 & 2 are region A/B
And disc 3? & 4 are region A only

Tested on a normal PS4

Funny thing is for the 4th disc the PS4 come up with the region message of this disc will only work on region A or B
So they obviously meant to just failed
As obviously the box/case and disc both mention region A and B

But pretty sure Denny gave up after receiving multiple copies of the un-fixed error before just giving up

Thanks for the confirmation. 👍

It's not the first time Funimation have done this either, as Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, Aria the Scarlet Ammo Season 1 & Soul Eater all had similar issues.

Yea, I read about what happened with Denny & the multiple copies he received that weren't fixed. In fact, that's why I was asking if it had been fixed or not, as it's been a couple of years since it happened & was wondering if they ever got round to fixing it. Guess not. 🤦‍♂️

Back