The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

IncendiaryLemon said:
So my Tokyo Ghoul was supposed to arrive today and it hasn't. I checked on the Amazon tracking page and it says that is has been delivered to me, which is certainly hasn't. I haven't seen anyone attempt to deliver it and I haven't had any notice through the door indicating that I've missed the delivery. How do I go about getting a refund or the item sent out again by Amazon? I mean, how do I prove I don't have something?

Contact Amazon and ask them for proof of delivery as it never arrived. They will talk to the courier and get the signature/GPS details to find out what happened, and almost certainly find in your favour and send a replacement out immediately.

R

Did you get an email when it was delivered? When they sent something to my neighbour when I was out, I got an email confirmation saying they had delivered to 'Becky' (my neighbour's name) - so I knew they had it.

Gotcha, thanks. As I said, Amazon won't let me file a complaint for it not arriving until Tuesday at earliest so hopefully they get to the bottom of it soon after that. Hopefully my Rock Band 4 turns up okay later in the week and doesn't get lost or whatever.

@Lutga, Nope I have received anything. I thought that too, when my Chuunibyou got delivered I got an email saying they put it through my letterbox so it's odd I didn't get any notification. As I said earlier, on the support page Amazon say it could be an error and it might still be out for delivery. I'll just have to wait and see.

Just an update on the situation, I checked with my nearest neighbor and she doesn't have it. There is a small chance it could be at any number of houses on my street but I highly doubt it seeing as no missed package notice was put through my door or delivery notice sent to my email. Amazon is still not letting me submit a support ticket and the message it says is a little worrying. Yesterday it said I could submit one at the end of tomorrow (Monday Night, Tuesday Morning) but checking now on Monday night it says the same as yesterday implying I should wait until Tuesday night, Wednesday morning so I hope it doesn't just stay like that. If it's still like that by Wednesday I'll have to just email Amazon support outside the proper way to address the issue. Man this is frustrating. My Rock Band 4 is on it's way, also from Amazon. I hope that makes it.

Can't you do a 'where's my item?' query even if the tracking shows it as undelivered? If it's saying it's been delivered then there's clearly something wrong somewhere...

R

Buzzkillington said:
Question: Does anyone here own the Michiko & Hatchin SAVE Edition, and if so does it have a reversible cover? I'm under the impression that some SAVE edition shows do and some don't, so I'm curious.
I think this was answered already and it's maybe too late anyway but it does have a reversible cover, with an episode list on the back. It's also nice that it's the full series in the one release, rather than having to buy two parts.

NoSurprises said:
Here's a fun question for anyone who owns both parts of AL's space dandy set.

Just about to pull the trigger on set 2; was wondering if it was possible to fit the amaray of part 1 into box 2? (after removing the artbook and cards obviously). And if you can, is it a snug fit? Trying to save a little shelf space by frankensteining them. Thanks!
I just tried it and it works pretty well. I'm not sure what you'd be aiming for in terms of snugness but it almost looks like it was designed to hold both sets of discs. They'd be more on the loose side, I guess, in that it's easy to get them out but it doesn't look bad at all.

Smeelia said:
Buzzkillington said:
Question: Does anyone here own the Michiko & Hatchin SAVE Edition, and if so does it have a reversible cover? I'm under the impression that some SAVE edition shows do and some don't, so I'm curious.
I think this was answered already and it's maybe too late anyway but it does have a reversible cover, with an episode list on the back. It's also nice that it's the full series in the one release, rather than having to buy two parts.

NoSurprises said:
Here's a fun question for anyone who owns both parts of AL's space dandy set.

Just about to pull the trigger on set 2; was wondering if it was possible to fit the amaray of part 1 into box 2? (after removing the artbook and cards obviously). And if you can, is it a snug fit? Trying to save a little shelf space by frankensteining them. Thanks!
I just tried it and it works pretty well. I'm not sure what you'd be aiming for in terms of snugness but it almost looks like it was designed to hold both sets of discs. They'd be more on the loose side, I guess, in that it's easy to get them out but it doesn't look bad at all.

Thanks for that!

Also Re-Michiko & Hatchin SAVE Edition.

zyVZhBV.jpg

It just occurred to me that there are box sets for both the Blu-ray and DVD versions of Space Dandy, I tried the Blu-ray version if that's relevant. I don't know if they're actually different sizes or not.

I don't think so, I think you'd need to find a VPN.

Worth noting that location spoofing is against Crunchyroll's T&Cs, so theoretically they can suspend your account over it. I don't think they would, but keep in mind that it isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

I used to play an online game where people who changed region too frequently for it to plausibly be accounted for by an actual trip were often banned for suspected account sharing. I cannot imagine that Crunchyroll cares enough to ban users over the odd 'trip to the US' to watch something that isn't licensed here - if anything it's good for business. But there's always a risk that you'll be flagged as account sharing if you keep changing your region rapidly, which technically does harm their bottom line, so it's worth being careful about the way you manage your 'flights abroad'.

I can confirm that the CR app (and indeed the FUNimation app) use IPs to confirm your location on PlayStation, so it's not an easy way to get around the arbitrary anti-consumer region locks the industry likes us all to have to deal with.

R

Are Amazon.JP trying to discourage international purchasers as when I was last on there, which was admittedly quite a while back, I'm sure they used to have a lot more 'In English' translation links on there, the one from the sign in pages seems to have disappeared now?

It's definitely still been there when I've looked recently. Personally I prefer using Chrome's built in translation tool though as I find the Amazon one only translates some of the page, not all of it. The Chrome one also has the added perk of you being able to set it to always translate a certain language by default when you're on a certain site.

Lutga said:
It's definitely still been there when I've looked recently. Personally I prefer using Chrome's built in translation tool though as I find the Amazon one only translates some of the page, not all of it. The Chrome one also has the added perk of you being able to set it to always translate a certain language by default when you're on a certain site.

I was using Chrome I just thought it odd that links had disappeared.

Back