The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

IncendiaryLemon said:
Does anyone who ordered from the Madman Sale still have their order under Allocated? It's been over a week since I put my order in and it still has yet to be marked as dispatched. Specifically anyone who ordered K-On Season 2 Part 2 w/Art box.

Mine's still under Allocated as well, i would have thought they would have been dispatched by now even with the sale being a busy time for them. I had K-On Season 2 Part 2 w/Art box as part of my order as well. The money has been taken out of my bank so hopefully it's close to being dispatched.

DragonBlaze67 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Does anyone who ordered from the Madman Sale still have their order under Allocated? It's been over a week since I put my order in and it still has yet to be marked as dispatched. Specifically anyone who ordered K-On Season 2 Part 2 w/Art box.

Mine's still under Allocated as well, i would have thought they would have been dispatched by now even with the sale being a busy time for them. I had K-On Season 2 Part 2 w/Art box as part of my order as well. The money has been taken out of my bank so hopefully it's close to being dispatched.

Hopefully it is soon. I know it's busy for them but I think others here were saying there orders had been sent already so I was getting a bit worried.

I think someone said they once got their package from Madman while the order was still labeled as allocated, but I could be misremembering...

Okay, so here is just a general question about how people sort their anime. When it comes to Blu Rays, do people separate the shows that have non standard boxes from their shows in amaray style boxes? I ask because I'm a little torn which I prefer. When I keep them separate, it looks more consistent but it means I can't have some shows together because they're a mix of amaray and art boxes such as Madoka and K-On.

For comparisons sake here is my shelf separated:
23071645801_a7e7597a9d_c.jpg

(Sorry for the quality on this one, didn't realise how bad it was until I'd rearranged the shelf)

and here is it mixed:
23034437336_b3f500e8f1_c.jpg

If I have more than a couple of the same type then I generally group them together (examples include Funimation LEs and Aniplex LEs). If they're on their own or just a simple amaray case then I mix them together as normal.

I keep mine quite separated, maybe more than most. My order goes USA or other artboxes, Anime Limited CE's, Studio Ghibli films, Any series/films with slip covers/boxes and then normal amaray sets. My DVDs are mostly mixed apart form the artboxes as i don't have as many DVDs as Blu-rays.

DragonBlaze67 said:
I keep mine quite separated, maybe more than most. My order goes USA or other artboxes, Anime Limited CE's, Studio Ghibli films, Any series/films with slip covers/boxes and then normal amaray sets. My DVDs are mostly mixed apart from the artboxes as i don't have as many DVDs as Blu-rays.

I feel like that would be something I'd do if I had a bigger collection. Considering I think I have less than 50 releases, it wouldn't be worth while.

I keep mine in piles. One shelf of DVDs arranged normally, 12 piles of DVDs on two shelves, Another 15 piles of DVDs on 2 more shelves, Artboxs stacked 3 high on the top shelf. Three piles of Blu-ray on the floor about a metre high each. Three storage books of shonen series DVDs about 700 discs in total... That's just anime. There comes a point in every collection that aesthetic considerations have to be forgotten in order to simply store the stuff.

IncendiaryLemon said:
DragonBlaze67 said:
I keep mine quite separated, maybe more than most. My order goes USA or other artboxes, Anime Limited CE's, Studio Ghibli films, Any series/films with slip covers/boxes and then normal amaray sets. My DVDs are mostly mixed apart from the artboxes as i don't have as many DVDs as Blu-rays.

I feel like that would be something I'd do if I had a bigger collection. Considering I think I have less than 50 releases, it wouldn't be worth while.

Yeah for your collection I'd keep it separated like you had originally. Looks better that way but I can see why you'd want to have it mixed to keep series together.

BlackStrat said:
I think someone said they once got their package from Madman while the order was still labeled as allocated, but I could be misremembering...
I don't know who it was that said it but I've just received my orders from them today and its still labeled allocated on the site .

Just Passing Through said:
I keep mine in piles. One shelf of DVDs arranged normally, 12 piles of DVDs on two shelves, Another 15 piles of DVDs on 2 more shelves, Artboxs stacked 3 high on the top shelf. Three piles of Blu-ray on the floor about a metre high each. Three storage books of shonen series DVDs about 700 discs in total... That's just anime. There comes a point in every collection that aesthetic considerations have to be forgotten in order to simply store the stuff.

Ah, someone else that knows my pain :) I've got some DvD's stashed under chest of drawers, in the space you can only access by taking the bottom draw out (it'd be a criminal waste of a space that can otherwise store a good 25-30 cases)

Going to cross my fingers and hope that this doesn't make me out to be a complete and utter moron but can having cases up against a radiator have negative effects on boxes or discs? One of my shelves for anime is right against a radiator and two of the four shelves don't have a back panel (Blame my Dad for that one) so the cases are literally touching the radiator. Are radiators hot enough to warp or even melt plastic cases? I don't want to have to buy a new bookcase but if my boxes are going to get damaged I may just have to.

I made that decision yesterday after thinking about it for a while haha. I've checked over the boxes that were closest and nothing appears damaged. Luckily my shelves are quite deep so I've just brought them all to the front of the shelf. Will probably have to get a new bookcase.

Hmm not really up for that sadly, while I mostly watch subbed I don't mind dubs but I like the option of sub as I've been known to change halfway through if a voice annoys me enough lol :/ still, what an odd thing to do, I'm sure there's a reason for it though. Thanks anyway.

Is anyone else still waiting on their Madman order?

I placed it on the 6th and it changed to invoiced & dispatched early last week but it seemed like everyone else on here received theirs around Monday/Tuesday last week when it was still saying Processing/Allocated but i'm still waiting on mine :(

Back