The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

bamboo-fox said:
Hi

I guess this has been asked before, but wanted to ask, does anyone know how much
Dubbed anime is on crunchyroll ?

I only like watching dubbed so thought i f there isn't much might try another place

Many thanks
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'd recommend Netflix if you mainly watch anime dubbed as the majority of anime on there is dubbed. Just had a quick look on crunchyroll and the only show that i could find that's dubbed as well as subbed is Toradora!

Remember too, if you're watching on PC, you can use various browser add ons to watch shows on Netflix from different regions. Due to licensing stuff, some countries have shows we don't and vice versa. Looking at this, the US has quite a few more titles.

Hola is a great add-on if you want to access content from other regions. Not 100% sure on this sites stance on such things from a legal point of view so sorry in advance :)

I don't personally consider it morally wrong to use region lock circumvention plug-ins in cases where there's no local release. Though it's always good to read the small print as some leave your personal details open to others if they're inclined to try to grab them.

I cannot recommend them at all, but I believe Animax UK has some dubbed stuff. It's probably their strength (because their simulcast service sucks).

R

Yeah I personally don't stream anime at all as I'm not really in tune with the newer stuff, and the older stuff I like to own (I'm one of those people who vehemently clings on to physical releases :p) so this isn't my forte, but when I did have a netflix subscription, the VPN services did come in handy for those things that weren't available in our region but I'd generally jump back and fourth and make use of the full library. I think if something is available in your region, it makes sense to use view it locally, I'm sure they keep tabs on statistics and that could affect what gets localized.

Has anyone had any problems ordering with Madman before? Using both PayPal and Visa it says I have insufficient funds yet going off google's currency converter I should have just enough. I just wanted to know if it's just me or not. I'll try adding more money into my account tomorrow if not.

The conversion rates used by google, paypal and your bank might be different. Plus if the Visa is a debit card your bank might charge you a small currency conversion fee. Don't know if credit cards charge you a conversion fee or not.

Emulsion said:
The conversion rates used by google, paypal and your bank might be different. Plus if the Visa is a debit card your bank might charge you a small currency conversion fee. Don't know if credit cards charge you a conversion fee or not.

Ah, the currency fee might be what's causing me to be short. That or as you said, the conversion rate is a bit higher than Google's. Thanks.

bamboo-fox said:
Hi

I guess this has been asked before, but wanted to ask, does anyone know how much
Dubbed anime is on crunchyroll ?

I only like watching dubbed so thought i f there isn't much might try another place

Many thanks
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Off the top of my head, the following are available in English dub

Viewster: Ouran Highschool Host Club, Tweeny Witches
Crunchyroll: Toradora, Future Card Buddyfight & Rurouni Kenshin

Hi Guys, currently loving a couple of Dragon Ball games and think I'm going to buy the Dragon Ball DVDs. Are the UK/USA ones pretty much identical (barring the colour scheme of the packaging)?

The US discs will be NTSC, the UK ones are NTSC-PAL conversions for Dragon Ball, native PAL with 4% speedup for Dragon Ball Z, the episode counts are different too. The Uk Dragon Ball Collection 1 also throws in the Curse of the Blood Rubies movie.

Chaika the Coffin Princess got licensed by MVM didn't it? If so what happened to it?

Cel said:
Chaika the Coffin Princess got licensed by MVM didn't it? If so what happened to it?
Animatsu. Probably waiting for Sentai to do whatever they're going to do with it so they can follow suit.

Mangaranga said:
Cel said:
Animatsu. Probably waiting for Sentai to do whatever they're going to do with it so they can follow suit.

Ah right cheers, just one I've been wanting to own for a while.

Nobunagun
Ambition of Oda Nobuna
Nobunaga the fool
Noragami

What is this 4 US releases in 4 months (unrelated?) but with similar sounding names (3 of which were influenced by the same person?)... My head hurts trying to keep track of this. Hopefully things will become clearer once I've seen more than one...

Question to those who have watched Shiki. Should I watch the unaired episodes after I have finished the main series or watch them where they fit in between the actual episodes?

Back