The Wallpaper Appreciation Thread

Worse (I'm just being honest, it's better than anything I could do!) There doesn't seem to be anything for the eye to focus on. I like to have something that draws my attention.

That's just my opinion though.

All feedback is good feedback :). This actually wasn't that difficult to do. All it is is a screencap blown up, some very large text, a heavily-modified cutout (the original had lines and allsorts pointing at various parts; it took a while to edit out and clean up), and the pink monoeye and corona (which was also a pain to properly cut out), all on different layers. That was pretty much it. Try exprimenting with layers, you'll probably be surprised at the results.

And finally, the last Gundam-related piece (for now ;)). This was a challenge from a friend; he wanted a wall of a Leo from Gundam Wing, but I also had to work in a screaming pilot somehow. This was a bit difficult, but I think I came up with a suitable (if slightly lazy) method :).

I say lazy because if I wanted to do it properly, I would have taken a picture of an actual filmstrip and worked it in :)

This cheap imitation effect was originally just an experiment, and was actually a way of using the only tiny, crappy images of Leos I could find. They were made smaller, and given a black border. Then the border was widened, and a large, square eraser was used to make the holes. Then it was just a matter of copying and pasting a new tiny image into the middle of the cell, copying it onto the main wall, and repeating. Easy ;)

I made this Wallpaper out of a screen shot from RF, Its preety crap but ive only got Paint at the moment, my Photo shop CD's are round someone elses house, anyway its pretty simple and Nice, what ya all think 8)

In celebration of the Macross article, I cleaned up an old magazine scan and wallpaperised it. Then completely forgot about it. Cleanin it up was quite a task, as poor Myung was covered in text, but I think it came out pretty well. Impressions?

Back