The World Ends With You sequel on it's way?

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Earlier today, square-enix launched a new site which looks to be very much in the style of Subarashiki Kono Sekai, or to you and me, The World Ends With You. As such, everyone has considered this to mean that it could be a sequel to the fantastic DS title. Unexpected? Well, after the cast of the original was placed into Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, Nomura did mention an interest in making a sequel, so who knows. Only problem is, we have to wait another week before we can see if it is the real thing.

Possible TWEWY2 teaser site

If this is TWEWY 2, i'm not going to be able to contain my excitement easily. The first one was hands down my favourite title on DS, and still is. I can't wait to see what possibilities they bring with a new one.

As long as it doesn't turn out to be a mobile phone game :wink: I still need to finish TWEWY come to think of it.

I honest to god hope they do something better with the controls this time. I liked the original TWEWY, but those controls were horrific, I had to give up after it just became impossible for me to progress.
I don't care what anyone says about how original they were, to me those controls were just ****. If they make a TWEWY 2 I don't want to see anything like that again.

I thought the controls where fine to be honest. Once i got my head around dealing with both screens at once, it was good. The only pins i never really used where ones which involved the microphone.

I'm pretty sure now that it is a TWEWY based game, asides from the obvious font and going for the 7 days thing, the background is the 104 building seen from Scramble Crossing, the box art for the first game even. Exactly the same shapes and outline. It's just again, what way are they going with it?

Either we'll get full details in a few days or when they do their panel not far from now. It also depends if they will actually have a showing at TGS a month from now

Remember how I was hoping it wouldn't be a mobile phone game? Well...

An iOS port it is then, I really can't see how the dual control system can translate to a touch-screen only interface. It's like every big hyped announcement of an announcement turns out to be an iOS port :p It's actually gone beyond trolling at this point...but then again this is the same company that appears to preparing a Final Fantasy XIII-3 which will be for iOS

Last edited by a moderator:
So the game has hit iOS now as we where told. The main thing here i guess is that it's now out already worldwide. That's a consolation prize i guess, but even still. I'm not a fan of the way its going for iOS though. Ok yeah the visuals are buffed up, fantastic, but everyone on one screen kind of takes away from what they went for originally. I dunno if i can go with that. I'll have to wait and see if anyone i know picks it up and what they think of it

Turns out, the sequel was teased at the end of the iOS version. So yeah, it's happening. Square-Enix just trolled us as we should have expected. Good times

Back