Thinking of rewatching Baccano!

sanji no 1

Vampire Ninja
Last year i bought the Baccano boxset from HMV. I was quite hyped about it, seeing how many people say its so good. But to be perfectly honest, i thought it wasnt great due to the fact that i found it hard to follow. Everything was muddle-ed up and some scenes were repeated but from someone elses perspective. One minute you would see a scene from from soneone on the train, then the next minute it goes to someone who isnt even on the train! I managed to watch the first disc but i stopped after the first episode on disc 2.

Although i admit the animation was good and watching Ladd did keep me entertained but not enough for me to watch the whole series.

But now im thinking of giving it another go but with a more open mind. Is it worth it? And do things make more sense after the first disc?

Baccano! Is a great series and definately worth a second viewing. I managed to follow it fine but I can understand how it may confuse. Plus I watched the whole series in one sitting, so that may have helped. =P

The fact you didn't finish it is probably what's most confusing of all, its kinda like leaving Inception 45 minutes into it. Certainly worth properly giving it a go.

It's probably worth giving it a second looking, specially if you are yet to finish it. I only just started it yesterday, and although i found the first episode a bit more than expected to take in, it seems to have levelled out a fair bit now, so i'm looking to enjoy what more i have to watch.

I was also filled with the urge to rewatch Baccano! at several points recently, I'm now very pleased I put it off as I shall now wait for the US BD release!

I think ofr a lot of people the first episode is the most annoying to follow because its from the perspective of the old man and little girl.

I watched it last year, I wouldn't say I followed it completely, I did lose my way a couple of times here n there but it usually came back to whatever point of interest or managed to explain what had happened so I got the ending, I thought it was a pretty good s how, although isn't the comic still going?

My friend gave me the boxset to watch last night, I just hope I actually get around to watching it and not what I usually do which would be letting it gather dust

I found the first episode pretty frustrating but the narrative jumps were ultimately what pulled me in and made me love it in the end. True, it challenges the viewer at times but it definitely rewards re-viewings.

About the only thing I could think to criticise would be some of the loose ends which likely would have been addressed if there had been a 2nd season; it seems it won't happen though given it's low popularity in Japan :(

Wildcard said:
I found the first episode pretty frustrating but the narrative jumps were ultimately what pulled me in and made me love it in the end. True, it challenges the viewer at times but it definitely rewards re-viewings.

About the only thing I could think to criticise would be some of the loose ends which likely would have been addressed if there had been a 2nd season; it seems it won't happen though given it's low popularity in Japan :(
well you know how it is but this anime is up there some where with my favourite top 20 of my 300 dvd

animefreak17 said:
well you know how it is but this anime is up there some where with my favourite top 20

Likewise; I'd had a disappointing run in my recent purchases, but I picked up Baccano cheap on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. I can see it being a definite longterm fave.

I'd probably be rewatching it right now if I hadn't lent it to a mate...

Wildcard said:
animefreak17 said:
well you know how it is but this anime is up there some where with my favourite top 20

Likewise; I'd had a disappointing run in my recent purchases, but I picked up Baccano cheap on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. I can see it being a definite longterm fave.

I'd probably be rewatching it right now if I hadn't lent it to a mate...
i never lend my anime to anyone .............not since i lent my azumanga dioue boxset........ the corners were damaged and all smudged on the boxset but its ok now but if were going to watch an anime i make sure to watch it with them instead off leading it to someone. ahyway Baccano has a fantastic story it kept you guessing what was going on and such.

Back