Tiger and Bunny or Supernatural

sanji no 1

Vampire Ninja
Just a quick question. I have some spare money to spend and i want to buy an anime. The 2 i'm thinking of is Tiger And Bunny: Part 1 or Supernatural: The anime series. Which one do you guys think would be a better purchase?

Just in terms of value for money I'd go with Supernatural, you get the whole thing for a decent price, where as Tiger & Bunny is a 4 part release, dual format combo, which you'll have to set aside around £100 for.

I'm not even half way through Tiger and Bunny, but it really impressed me. Definitely worth a place in everyone's collection.

The price for Tiger and Bunny part 1 is £16 on Amazon, so if you wait a bit longer you could probably pick them all up for £64.

Do you like the original Supernatural series?

I'd pick Tiger & Bunny because I like it more and because it's a special edition which will probably disappear eventually.

R

Rui said:
Do you like the original Supernatural series?

I'd pick Tiger & Bunny because I like it more and because it's a special edition which will probably disappear eventually.

R

Basically, this!

Tiger and Bunny gets my vote too but I have to say that i haven't seen either show but I'm dead excited by T&B and I haven't felt that way about a newly released show in a long time.

I'd go with Tiger & Bunny personally. I do enjoy the Supernatural live-action series, but I hear the anime of it is kinda naff (especially in comparison).

In fact, if you do choose to go for Supernatural, I'd go for the live-action series - series 1 and 2 (which the anime adapts) can be bought for about £22 combined - not much more than the anime.

I don't have a BluRay player so utterly resent the cost of the T&B sets, I can't be the only one not buying an anime they'd be really interested in otherwise because they don't want to be saddled with a BluRay they can't watch. I'm hoping that they'll be a dvd only season boxset at some point.

I'd go with T&B as well. It's a really nice release and the physical extras are awesome. Helps that the show is superb as well. Supernatural was a bit meh.

Back